Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: nevermind. got to the next page.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
you might be right but that's really unprofessional. he made the whole organization look bad.
So long as we are now on a new page, what exactly is the 'Professional' option- take it up the rear behind the scenes and get strong-armed out of town with nary a whimper?

Lemme repeat. Is the Professional Tact simply to keep his mouth shut like he had been doing for long and simply get fired once the season ends for his 'loyalty' on the subject?

I mean, if that's the case then that's just holding up the status quo, which in this scenario is a lose-lose proposition with the only benefit of somehow fellating your way back into a Coaching job in the near future. It's an unmistakable neutering which simply will NEVER go away.

The fact of the matter is, SVG was- and is- being handled in an unprofessional manner and finally decided to return the favor.

I wish more people- in all rungs of the Organizational Structures- do something like this. It would certainly wreck a lot of 'Gentlemen Agreements' that still seem to be prevalent.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:28 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
So long as we are now on a new page, what exactly is the 'Professional' option- take it up the rear behind the scenes and get strong-armed out of town with nary a whimper?

Lemme repeat. Is the Professional Tact simply to keep his mouth shut like he had been doing for long and simply get fired once the season ends for his 'loyalty' on the subject?

I mean, if that's the case then that's just holding up the status quo, which in this scenario is a lose-lose proposition with the only benefit of somehow fellating your way back into a Coaching job in the near future. It's an unmistakable neutering which simply will NEVER go away.

The fact of the matter is, SVG was- and is- being handled in an unprofessional manner and finally decided to return the favor.

I wish more people- in all rungs of the Organizational Structures- do something like this. It would certainly wreck a lot of 'Gentlemen Agreements' that still seem to be prevalent.
i don't know the full story of svg getting mistreated. i thought this dwight thing was it. which made me think svg acted unprofessionally. i think he could've just resigned after hearing about dwight's suggestion. i wouldn't want to stay in a situation in orlando where my superstar is apparently calling for my head behind my back and my organization is treating me unprofessionally.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he re-signs out of his own free will, he loses the money owed to him (unless they agree to a buy-out). If he is fired, all the money on his contract is still paid out, unless he was fired for reasons that would void his agreement.

He's been getting dicked around by the Magic FO, it's been going on for quite some time now. My question is whether this is gonna be a recurring issue for all his career (they yanked him in Miami cause his players didn't like him either), or if he's just had a bad string of luck.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If he re-signs out of his own free will, he loses the money owed to him (unless they agree to a buy-out). If he is fired, all the money on his contract is still paid out, unless he was fired for reasons that would void his agreement.

He's been getting dicked around by the Magic FO, it's been going on for quite some time now. My question is whether this is gonna be a recurring issue for all his career (they yanked him in Miami cause his players didn't like him either), or if he's just had a bad string of luck.
i doubt it's just bad luck. he should get outta florida and coach the knicks. but i could see him and melo not getting along either.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cousins fouls out in 18 minutes with 8 pts and 3 boards. EFFICIENCY!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SVG is a good point A to point B coach for a rebuilding team. His teams play good defense and move the ball well on offense. But he is a guy who can't last that long until the players turn on him.
I always though Riley drummed him out in Miami, but I might be wrong.
MidwayMonster31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one wants to coach the knicks and their drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I can't imagine New York being much worse than Orlando has been this year..
Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldridge owned that OT.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suns gave up 105 points while holding the Nuggets to 40% shooting :/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Will Dolan throw a bunch of cash at Phil Jackson to coach in NYC next year?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No one wants to coach a championship caliber team?

Hope you're ready Chicago. We're coming for that ass.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No one wants to coach a championship caliber team?

Hope you're ready Chicago. We're coming for that ass.
Stop winning then so that we can play in the first round. Otherwise you're just gonna get swept by the Heat and won't get to face us.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Stop winning then so that we can play in the first round. Otherwise you're just gonna get swept by the Heat and won't get to face us.
I was hoping we could steal the 4th seed then play you guys in the 2nd round, but I definitely want to avoid Miami. We will get swept by Miami.

I want either the the 8th seed, or anything but the 7. We need to avoid Miami and hope Boston takes them out.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
I always though Riley drummed him out in Miami, but I might be wrong.
shaq got him fired.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

76ers looked good in stretches yesterday, but sadly they cant put it together for the whole game.

And as much as it pains me to say, Im starting to get out of my glossy eyed view of Iggy. The dude just cant make shots :/ Most of his 3s rimmed out, but he just needs to work at it. Still, the fans were really hard on him at the end of the game.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Can't wait to see NY give Chicago a taste of what we're going to do to them in the playoffs.

I'm worried about our small lineup, but Stat will be back come playoff time, and we should compete with Chicago today.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shut up BBD, just shut up.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rose is coming back today. The Knicks will not be winning.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We're destroying the Bulls right now. Destroying them.

It's obviously early and far from over, but so far so good.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I love the energy from the Garden right now too. Feels like the 90s. No place like the Garden when it's Knicks/Bulls. It's the best sports atmosphere I've ever been around.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

16 point lead lol, the Knicks are trolling hard right now

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shumpert is so ******* good.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Shumpert is so ******* good.
I ******* love Shumpert, so athletic and fun to watch

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote