Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
If I were the heat I'd be worried about the Celtics in the playoffs. Because Lebron had a great game, Wade had a good game, Bosh had a decent game, and Chalmers had a great game and they still lost.

If Garnett keeps up his play and Brandon Bass can continue to get a double double against the Heat the C's have more than enough to make it a series.
Of course we have to worry, the Celtics are on the Bulls' side right now, I like that lol. But anyway, of course I am worried about the Celtics. At least I hope I didn't say otherwise on here cuz I will just look like a hypocrite and I hate them, but I never thought the Celtics were done. They are not dead til u have beaten them 4 times in a series in the playoffs. They are the reason we went and got Bosh and James, we wanted a big 3 of our own. So of course I am scared of facing the Celtics, but the fact we beat them last year in the playoffs is settling a bit. And Bosh did not play good, he missed way too many of his jump shots and got schooled by Garnett. My no hating on Bosh is over. He is afraid of Kevin Garnett, I am too, but I am not in the NBA. Chris Bosh grow some ******* balls and go at people bigger than you NOW!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Love likely out tonight so Blake and co. might be able to avoid losing all 4 meetings to MIN.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Kevin Love likely out tonight so Blake and co. might be able to avoid losing all 4 meetings to MIN.
I forgot what the stats was i heard but something like, if Minnesota wins tonight, they'd be the only team all year to sweep the season series from the Clippers.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still dont get my fellow Bulls fans hate for LeBron.

I would direct my anger toward Wade. That piece of **** mother ****** is a snake in the grass.

**** him!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks. (10 char)
Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Heat-Bulls game isn't really getting me riled up. Neither team seems to have brought their "A" game, or intensity. Also Derrick not looking like Derrick tonight also might help it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
This Heat-Bulls game isn't really getting me riled up. Neither team seems to have brought their "A" game, or intensity. Also Derrick not looking like Derrick tonight also might help it.
Agreed, the Heat have made it clear they don't mind what happens until playoff time, and the Bulls are just trying to get some rhythm back. Which makes me wonder why the hell i'm staying up to watch it... :(

edit, ooh interesting James with the elbow...

Last edited by rchrd : 04-12-2012 at 09:12 PM.
rchrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Rose is getting eaten alive.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Is Jon Lucas hurt? why has he not seen the floor tonight?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Jon Lucas hurt? why has he not seen the floor tonight?
It is probably because he is not very good. He is fun to watch because he has ridiculous confidence but when he is missing he still shoots and shoots.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ Watson to the rescue

Old 04-12-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

k, glad i stayed up now. probably wont be 2mo though...
Old 04-12-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Bulls win...love that Bench Mob!!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take it!!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
Agreed, the Heat have made it clear they don't mind what happens until playoff time, and the Bulls are just trying to get some rhythm back. Which makes me wonder why the hell i'm staying up to watch it... :(

edit, ooh interesting James with the elbow...
The big three all scored either their season average or above it...

do you expect them to score 1.5 their season average?

The heat really need to worry about their depth beyond the big three and their bench. Their bench today got out scored 47-7

Not to mention their defense isn't as good as it was last year.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's cool, Knicks will beat us in 6.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Btw, words cannot express how happy I am that we dodged that Mike Miller signing. Can't believe we almost offered him 5 years. Steve Blake isn't much better but still.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

Quote:
The big three all scored either their season average or above it...

do you expect them to score 1.5 their season average?

The heat really need to worry about their depth beyond the big three and their bench. Their bench today got out scored 47-7

Not to mention their defense isn't as good as it was last year.
Bench play will be less of a factor come playoff time. It was a good win for tonight, but stat lines and the game itself told a different story imo (although Lebron wanting nothing of the game come late 4th and ot is always fun to watch). After what happened last year i'm just scared of reading anything into what happens in the regular season matchups that's all.

It's 4.30am and I have to be up in a few hours, that Watson trey made it all worth it.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am trying to be the its okay, its not the playoffs guy, there is nothing wrong with us, we are tired, and we are bored guy. But I just can't take it anymore with the positive bull ****. THIS GAME WAS OURS! Rose was rusty as Hell, the Bulls starters were getting outplayed by their own bench, and we had the game right there, all it would take was a LeBron free throw. But UGGGGGGGGH, **** it...everyone wants to know whats wrong with the Heat, its the fact there are 10 other players not named LeBron and D-Wade on our team and they aren't good. Don't give me Chris Bosh, I am so ******* sick of him. He missed more shots, now he is missing free throws, any good team he turns to puddles. Also, Coach Spo, for some reason people love him, he sucks...if we don't turn it on and win the ship, he needs to go. He ran an iso with Shane ******* Battier with 5 minutes to go SHANE ******* BATTIER. Its bad calling isos for Wade and LBJ, but BATTIER!??????????????? Plus, we have iso, thats our offense. One free throw cuz then we'd have a four point lead and we'd win cuz we don't cover 3s to foul some1 shooting one, we would won. But nope, we let a guy open again and bam, overtime, get outscored 12-2. Then, Wade's shot, another iso, another miss. I mean all u need to do Heat is look at the other ******* team tonight. Thats how u should play, thats how u should coach, but no instead u let wide open threes, give up on the ball, and run isos every ******* play and let Bosh shoot a 3 (WTF?). They ran an offense, they never give up on the ball, every rebound, they compete, every shot...they contest, we don't. All u have to do is look at the Bulls, see that, thats the way you play. What we are doing right now pisses me off and I worry about even the ******* 76ers giving us way too close of a series in the first round much less the Bulls and Celtics. ****! That is all. I wanted to believe in this it doesn't matter til the playoffs **** but **** that noise, that was pathetic. We just let the Bulls, not Rose and Boozer but Watson and Asik beat us, and I AM ******* PISSED! GOOD ******* DAY!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guys, most important out of everything:

I hit a 3 pointer with Brian Scalabrine in 2k tonight.

that is all
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Old 04-13-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Benson buying the Hornets and the Kings moving from Sacramento supposedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Supposedly a hilarious argument broke out after the game when Luol Deng tried to convince everyone that he was part of the bench mob, and Noah refused his claim.

Here's an old article that shows Luolz wants to be a part of the bench mob:

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/201...-role/apscpkb/

Quote:
The Bulls’ self-dubbed “Bench Mob” is filled with fighters.

They fight to earn or extend leads. While respectful of their roles, they fight to play as long as possible. They even fight over whether starter Luol Deng, who often logs minutes with them, is an honorary member.

“He’s sometimes a Bench Mob member,” Taj Gibson said, laughing. “He kind of gets mad when we say he’s not. So we say he is.”

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 04-13-2012 at 12:06 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Maloofs are ******* idiots

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bullet point overview of the Maloofs' press conference courtesy of Sactown Royalty.

Quote:
The Kings claim to have agreed to a framework, but not to have actually agreed to a deal.
The city is not recognizing the S.T.O.P. campaign that could derail the process (despite this claim having already been debunked
The Maloofs compared Sacramento to the challenges faced in Stockton's arena effort
George held up documents to show notes and arrows that were drawn during meetings. This actually happened.
The Kings shared an email from the NBA. It will be interesting to see if they had approval to share an internal email.
George said Gavin did not object to the term sheet at the city council meeting because this was not his job. Again, this actually happened.
George complained about deadlines being placed on the Maloofs. Yup.
George stated that the Kings have put a great product on the floor. I swear to you, all of these are real things.
The best bombshell came when George then suggested renovating Power Balance Pavilion. This comes on the heels of 8 years of statements that renovations would be unacceptable and insufficient.
George insisted that the Kings are not trying to leave and are committed to Sacramento.
George complained about the city sending information to the Bee. As James Ham pointed out, the L.A. Times objects to this complaint.
http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/4...storyjump]link

Reading between the lines--the Maloofs are so damn broke they can't even afford to front the $60 million for their portion of the arena. This $60 million would be made up by the sale of Arco and the surrounding property upon completion of the new arena. And they have so much in outstanding debt (over $120 million and counting) they can't get any more financing to front the costs.

Make no mistake, the Maloofs are considerably cash strapped. They have lost all their holding except for the Sacramento Kings. George Maloof--the former owner of The Palms--now WORKS for The Palms after the family had to sell their entire share due to collectors.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here I will beat BBD to the punch and say

Mob Deep>>> Bench Mop