Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't Scotty thinking Deron is coming back to the Nets bad, but it's not pretty. Stop it MetSox.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Didn't you hear the Heat is just a group of talented players but they're a ****** team. /tnthalftimeshow
They can say it all they want, doesn't make it any less true. It's annoying that they keep bringing it up, but it's not like the Heat were eliminated and they are bringing it up just for something to talk about.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Sloan just said he has interest in coaching the Magic.

WTF is the hold up???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
While i feel *** is the more talented player overall, i think Mayo means more to that team than *** does. And again, can't stress enough how much $ *** is owed. They could use the salary dump while still obtaining some talent in return.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That he doesn't want to end up getting run out of town by a player again.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If i respected your opinion on the sport of basketball in the slightest bit, i'd almost be offended.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If i respected your opinion on the sport of basketball in the slightest bit, i'd almost be offended.
Except I know a hell of a lot more than you do, so this is quite confusing. You can sit there and pretend Tyreke has any value left at this point, but he doesn't. Memphis could do better than Tyreke, you aren't getting ***. Get the **** over it and stop being a delusional *****.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-22-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That he doesn't want to end up getting run out of town by a player again.
That would make sense if Sloan didn't want to coach the Magic, but he said he's interested, so the ball is in the Magic court.

I guess I can see the hold up in the fact that maybe they want more of a player's coach... like Shaw. Sloan might be too stiff.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Except I know a hell of a lot more than you do, so this is quite confusing. You can sit there and pretend Tyreke has any value left at this point, but he doesn't. Memphis could do better than Tyreke, you aren't getting ***. Get the **** over it and stop being a delusional *****.
No, you don't. You've never played the sport (or any other sport, for that matter), and you just sit back on your little computer screen looking at box scores and interpreting stats whichever way you feel like it. I'm not defending my idea because i know i'm being optimistic at best, but to have you of all people sit there and do nothing but criticize is completely amusing. You contribute nothing to the topics that go on in this thread, and i thought i'd let you know that while i find it entertaining, your thoughts and opinions are of zero significance to me. So, you can quit responding to my posts with videos, or gifs or whatever other pointless crap you have on hand to respond with.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That would make sense if Sloan didn't want to coach the Magic, but he said he's interested, so the ball is in the Magic court.

I guess I can see the hold up in the fact that maybe they want more of a player's coach... like Shaw. Sloan might be too stiff.
Well, i'd be very interested in coaching a Howard led team, but i'd also be reluctant to do so when considering everything that went on this past season. If i'm Shaw i'd rather just wait there in LA for when they inevitably fire Mike Brown. Howard still wants to bail on the Magic.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
No, you don't. You've never played the sport (or any other sport, for that matter), and you just sit back on your little computer screen looking at box scores and interpreting stats whichever way you feel like it. I'm not defending my idea because i know i'm being optimistic at best, but to have you of all people sit there and do nothing but criticize is completely amusing. You contribute nothing to the topics that go on in this thread, and i thought i'd let you know that while i find it entertaining, your thoughts and opinions are of zero significance to me. So, you can quit responding to my posts with videos, or gifs or whatever other pointless crap you have on hand to respond with.
Excuse me? I've never played the sport? You would know this how, exactly? And even still (I have actually played the sport, and I have played other sports...I'm not some 400 pound guy), using the fake ass jock sports writer argument really makes you seem like a great Internet tough guy. Stick to reading Jay Mariotti **** from when he actually had a job, it seems to suit you. And you want to know why I know it better than you? Because I actually understand it better than you, hard concept to grasp I know.

As for never contributing to this topic, yeah okay. I've never actually seen you contribute other than pepping up the Kings or briefly talking about the other games every now and then. Yeah I post random GIFs and videos, but so what? I prove time and time again that I actually know what the **** I'm talking about when I need to (except the NHL, which I'm only a casual fan), something I've never seen you show about the NBA.

One more thing, my criticism is in jest and is never meant to be serious (unless it's Vikes). I poke fun at myself far more than I do anyone else, but the fact that you pulled that absolute horseshit argument out of your ass deserves for you to be called out for being a stupid piece of ****.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-22-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Well, i'd be very interested in coaching a Howard led team, but i'd also be reluctant to do so when considering everything that went on this past season. If i'm Shaw i'd rather just wait there in LA for when they inevitably fire Mike Brown. Howard still wants to bail on the Magic.
If Howard wanted to leave, then he wouldn't have signed the extension and he'd be a FA right now.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
If Howard wanted to leave, then he wouldn't have signed the extension and he'd be a FA right now.
He did that because he's not really the smartest guy to make decisions on his own. He doesn't really want to stay, but he wanted to prove to Magic fans that he was willing to stay before the wheels completely came off.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-22-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Excuse me? I've never played the sport? You would know this how, exactly? And even still (I have actually played the sport, and I have played other sports...I'm not some 400 pound guy), using the fake ass jock sports writer argument really makes you seem like a great Internet tough guy. Stick to reading Jay Mariotti **** from when he actually had a job, it seems to suit you. And you want to know why I know it better than you? Because I actually understand it better than you, hard concept to grasp I know.

As for never contributing to this topic, yeah okay. I've never actually seen you contribute other than pepping up the Kings or briefly talking about the other games every now and then. Yeah I post random GIFs and videos, but so what? I prove time and time again that I actually know what the **** I'm talking about when I need to (except the NHL, which I'm only a casual fan), something I've never seen you show about the NBA.

One more thing, my criticism is in jest and is never meant to be serious (unless it's Vikes). I poke fun at myself far more than I do anyone else, but the fact that you pulled that absolute horseshit argument out of your ass deserves for you to be called out for being a stupid piece of ****.
It's not a stupid jock argument, i made that assessment based on the information you've freely volunteered on here. You sound upset.

Quote:
He got talked into signing that extension by his dad and mom. He doesn't know how to make decisions for himself and he was guilted into staying when he wanted to leave all along. I never thought i'd see anyone more worried about their public opinion than Lebron, but Howard is pretty spineless.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
It's not a stupid jock argument, i made that assessment based on the information you've freely volunteered on here. You sound upset.
It's quite the jock argument. "YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE SPORT OR ANY SPORT YOU LOSER, YOU CAN'T JUDGE" is exactly what dumbass sports writers say, so well done. And I also said I regularly played sports before I ****** up tendons in my elbow as a pitcher, so there's that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-22-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
It's quite the jock argument. "YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE SPORT OR ANY SPORT YOU LOSER, YOU CAN'T JUDGE" is exactly what dumbass sports writers say, so well done. And I also said I regularly played sports before I ****** up tendons in my elbow as a pitcher, so there's that.
Well, i'm not as well versed in the art of dumbass sports writing as you are, so forgive me if i disagree with your assessment. I simply said i didn't respect your opinion, and you jumped back with the "I KNOW MORE THAN YOU DO LOL" response. Channeling your inner internet tough guy.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't my two favorite pals just get along lol.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
This isn't Scotty thinking Deron is coming back to the Nets bad, but it's not pretty. Stop it MetSox.
so uncalled for.

And I think talent wise, the Heat are better than the Thunder.

Actually, I'm not sure.

It's a toss either way and it's not a shot at either team.

I don't care either way really.

Well ****, now I'm thinking about it more and I'm just not sure, but you all caught my drift
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Well, i'm not as well versed in the art of dumbass sports writing as you are, so forgive me if i disagree with your assessment. I simply said i didn't respect your opinion, and you jumped back with the "I KNOW MORE THAN YOU DO LOL" response. Channeling your inner internet tough guy.
You attacked me first, so I attacked back. Sort of how that works.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-22-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think Wade+Lebron and KD+Russ is a wash. So that leaves a core of Harden/Ibaka/Perk/Sefo vs. Bosh (if you're counting him even if he's out) and... well.. that's it. Heat are trash outside of their first three guys.

I think overall the Thunder are more talented, but Lebron can have another one of those **** everybody i'm going off games. Just pray it's not close in the last two minutes.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take the Thunder by a little. Lebron is a bit better than Durant but I'd take Westbrook by a little bit over Wade at this point. Harden/Bosh is pretty much a wash as far as third options go and the Heat don't have anyone close to as good as Ibaka.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
You attacked me first, so I attacked back. Sort of how that works.
I just said i don't respect your opinion. Were you trying to convince me that i should? Or that i'm wrong in thinking that? Or were you just butthurt and decided to start attacking me because your internet feelings were hurt?
Old 05-22-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so uncalled for.
I only hurt the ones I love most. AND KICK HIS ASS METSOX.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I just said i don't respect your opinion. Were you trying to convince me that i should? Or that i'm wrong in thinking that? Or were you just butthurt and decided to start attacking me because your internet feelings were hurt?
No, that you were wrong in thinking that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-22-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brody vs MS...giving us what SP and GG couldn't.

Duel!!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote