Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
They aren't winning game 6 in Boston.....
Why? The 76ers won in Boston and the Heat were a shot away in game 4. Yes, they're on the road which will be difficult, but it's also hard to imagine them dropping four games to the Celtics.

I don't really care about the East, neither team looks like a champion to me.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Why? The 76ers won in Boston and the Heat were a shot away in game 4. Yes, they're on the road which will be difficult, but it's also hard to imagine them dropping four games to the Celtics.

this coming game has a different feel to it though. Boston knows it has to win or else they're going to get creamed in game 7. They're going to put it all on the line.

When it was philly, it never mattered because Boston still knew it could win in a 7 game series.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That much closer to seeing Lebron not win. Thats the majority of my reason for watching the playoffs at this point. I want to see Durant win one before him.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
That much closer to seeing Lebron not win. Thats the majority of my reason for watching the playoffs at this point. I want to see Durant win one before him.
I want to see Cleveland win one before him. then I will no longer root against LeBron
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I want to see Cleveland win one before him. then I will no longer root against LeBron
Cleveland won't win one in the span of Lebron's career but I'm with you 100 percent. I rooted for Lebron in Cleveland until he made himself bigger than his homestate.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland's only shot to win one before Lebron was three years from now, IF they'd won the draft lottery. It'd be awesome though, if the Celtics/Bulls/Thunder keep them from winning in the next couple of years, and the Cavs keep developing their lottery picks enough to start competing in the playoffs again.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Cleveland has a shot at MKG, Beal, and Robinson to pair with Irving, theyre rmored to be targeting Barnes. There is zero interest there for a big name FA, Anthony Davis would have been the jumpstart they needed for sure. Its going to take min. 3 years for them to even think about the playoffs.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post

I am being a bit pessimistic about my team. Can they win? Sure, but I can also go ask out Emma Stone for the Hell of it.

But yes, I agree with ur last point to. The Thunder are defntly the favorites, and if the Spurs are able to come back, which I doubt, they will be the favorites too.

Now, to a rant. The Celtics after Game 1 said it, so now I am gonna say it after game 5. When u got Paul Pierce shaking his head yelling he can't guard me, KG doing knuckle pushups, and Rajon Rondo doing pretty much whatever the **** he wants, the Boston Celtics are too comfortable.

I want the Celtics to, and eat that overrated, dumb, crap Parque court. I want the Heat to turn into game 5 Pacers series thugs. I want one of the Celtics (KG, Pierce, or Rondo) to be bleeding at the end of the game. Yeah, I would not mind if we put Dexter Pittman in and he gets suspended cuz he is useless otherwise. Go down without a fight at least.

If KG is doing knuckle push ups, take ur foot and put it up his mother ******* ass! I am not complaining that they did that, I would be a hypocrite cuz I loved when LeBron was hotdogging game 1. But I am pissed that the Heat didn't do anything about it.

Last edited by yodabear : 06-06-2012 at 11:55 AM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This. So much this.

Cleveland looks like it can be a great team if things go their way (which is hard to say being a Cleveland fan my whole life). Kyrie already looks like he's going to be great, Tristan Thompson just needs to develop and Cleveland can nab another scorer at #4.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if I'm Cleveland and MKG is off the board (Davis will obviously be), I want Beal. I think he has low bust potential, great scorer, and would be a dynamite 1-2 in a few years with Irving.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beal should absolutely be the pick without MKG there.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if I'm Cleveland and MKG is off the board (Davis will obviously be), I want Beal. I think he has low bust potential, great scorer, and would be a dynamite 1-2 in a few years with Irving.
Agreed. I hope they don't go Drummond. MKG or Beal for Cleveland.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If they wanna risk being at the bottom of the barrel for the next five years, they'll take Drummond. You can't be giving huge minutes to two, incredibly raw big men. They'll get destroyed night in and out, they need someone like MKG or Beal, to pair and develop with Irving. Varejao is a more than capable starter at the five.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year they should have taken the Euro the raptors got instead of stupid Tristan Thompson. Valavunacas or whatever. He was real young but he looks like a future stud. Guys like Thompson rarely work out (Ant Rand, Tyrus thomas).

At the top of the draft unless you are dealing with true centers, it's almost always best to just take the best scorer.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SI is saying that the Cavs want Barnes at 4.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I wouldn't trust SI with a ham sandwich, much less draft info.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will have to trade up to #2 to get MKG, I honestly dont see the bobcats not taking MKG. MJ may see MKG having a similiar attitude as him at take him at 2. I hope the wiz dont pass on MKG even if Beal is there. with MKG work ethic and athletic ability I think he will do very well in the nba.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were the Cavs, I'd take Beal. You guys are overrating MKG... and I don't know why... popular rankings on the internet say so?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe it's that fact that we have all seen him play :/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If I were the Cavs, I'd take Beal. You guys are overrating MKG... and I don't know why... popular rankings on the internet say so?
Probably because MKG is the better prospect.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I like MKG a lot, but he's a complimentary piece. Tough D, runs in fast break well, but doesn't create and lacks a jump shot. Beal would be perfect next to Irving providing another scoring threat.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I believe it's that fact that we have all seen him play :/
So what do you like about him?

He's not a guy who you can count on to be a main scorer. His shooting mechanics are horrible as is his 3pt FG%. Most of his points came off fast breaks and his half court game has been questioned. I guess you can like his frame, wingspan and potential. He could probably make a case for being a point forward in the NBA. He made a big name for himself by playing for Kentucky, but that wasn't "his" team or anything.

Beal takes over gamezzzzzzz. He's a do it all, go to guy type player that can be a team's star. MKG seems like a really good role player but not a superstar. Somewhere on a level similar to a Caron Butler (not as a player comparison, but as a player value to his team).

This is not a draft with a lot of elite talent, so I can see him going in the Top 5 by mistake. Top 2? Eeewe.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I like MKG a lot, but he's a complimentary piece. Tough D, runs in fast break well, but doesn't create and lacks a jump shot. Beal would be perfect next to Irving providing another scoring threat.

Irving and Beal would be sickness.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So what do you like about him?

He's not a guy who you can count on to be a main scorer. His shooting mechanics are horrible as is his 3pt FG%. Most of his points came off fast breaks and his half court game has been questioned. I guess you can like his frame, wingspan and potential. He could probably make a case for being a point forward in the NBA. He made a big name for himself by playing for Kentucky, but that wasn't "his" team or anything.

Beal takes over gamezzzzzzz. He's a do it all, go to guy type player that can be a team's star. MKG seems like a really good role player but not a superstar. Somewhere on a level similar to a Caron Butler (not as a player comparison, but as a player value to his team).

This is not a draft with a lot of elite talent, so I can see him going in the Top 5 by mistake. Top 2? Eeewe.
He is an elite athlete who plays great perimeter defense and simply knows how to play the game. I think he ends up as a mix of Tony Allen/Andre Iguodala, while Beal at his highest imaginable peak is a old man Michael Redd, before tearing both ACLs

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Beal was classified as a shooter coming out of HS but he wasnt as consistent as you would like or as publicized as the Wildcat, MGK. But he showed flashes of huge potential and his mechanics aren't far from ideal.

All of his strengths, creating, shooting, ball handling, are MGKs weakness. While MGK is more effective closer to the basket, hustle plays, and versatile on defense. Its really about preference in building a team. I think MGK has a lower ceiling but higher floor because his game allows him to be valuable in other areas. Whereas if Beal isn't shooting good, he's replaceable but when he's on, he's a threat.