Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
It's funny going back in this thread to the time the Decision happened. I laughed out loud to a few of the responses. Around page 1666 btw
Brody was such a hater.

He also **** on the Battier signing so much this past offseason.

SUCK IT BRODY.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I think the Thunder are fine. They don't need to make any moves, they're a young team.. they can win it all next year without making any changes.

But I do think Westbrook would be better off as a clear cut #1 on a team... like the Pistons!
I think their amazing offense has blinded us. They have flaws that can definitely be improved upon. Ie. they were the worst assisting team in the league. Plus they don't have any rebounders or post offense. Their defense needs work too. But a team with that kind of firepower is definitely going in the right direction though.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
*apprehensive face*
what doesn't make sense about that deal? put aside the fact that it will never happen. Rondo will never be an alpha dog like Westbrook can. as THE guy on a team, Westy would be verrry good. meanwhile, Rondo is a perfect fit for OKC.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Everyone is just jealous cuz its not their team. We are gonna dominate, we are gonna have a dynasty, all of u haters and the entire state of Ohio can suck my small ass white dick. Good night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Dan Gilbert, ur first in line to kiss my fat white ass whenever u want. What a douchebag.........
My first two posts about this whole thing. Stay classy Yodapoop. And yes Dan Gilbert, if I ever see u in person, the first thing I will do is pull my pants down and let u kiss my ass.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Westbrook can be the alpha dog on a team that never wins anything. If he's your best player, you aren't even going to the playoffs most seasons.

Rondo isn't a great scorer, but he knows he isn't a great scorer and almost always plays to his own strengths. Westbrook isn't a great scorer, but he doesn't know he isn't and he almost never plays to his strengths.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Westbrook can be the alpha dog on a team that never wins anything. If he's your best player, you aren't even going to the playoffs most seasons.

Rondo isn't a great scorer, but he knows he isn't a great scorer and almost always plays to his own strengths. Westbrook isn't a great scorer, but he doesn't know he isn't and he almost never plays to his strengths.
um, do you watch Westbrook play... ever?
Old 06-22-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, Westbrook isn't flawless by any means but he is a superstar at this point.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is totally off base. I actually don't think OKC is a great fit for Westbrook, he's an elite scorer and deserves to be the #1 option somewhere.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
um, do you watch Westbrook play... ever?
Yeah, I watch him shoot way too ******* much for a point guard who has scorers all around him. I watch him singlehandedly take Kevin Durant out of games.

He doesn't do a whole lot for a team trying to actually win a championship.

Switch him and Rondo and the Thunder win this series easily. Very easily. And the Celtics don't make the playoffs.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes because the only reason Thunder lost was because of Westbrook, not because Miami dominated.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I watch him shoot way too ******* much for a point guard who has scorers all around him. I watch him singlehandedly take Kevin Durant out of games.
god this argument is so old. Westbrook is a combo guard. why do people keep expecting him to play like a 1? he isn't a point guard. he shoots a lot, but every last member of OKC has said that they need him to do that.

and as far as being an alpha dog? we're talking about a freakishly athletic guard with great defensive potential who can create his own shot or pull up for an impossible to guard mid-range jumper. and he gets to the line pretty frequently. he SCREAMS #1 scorer.

and I'm laughing at your ridiculous edit.. if Westbrook is on Boston they don't make the playoffs? Westbrook Allen Pierce Bass Garnett? I bet that lineup closes game 6 against Miami

Last edited by sbh15 : 06-22-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
It's funny going back in this thread to the time the Decision happened. I laughed out loud to a few of the responses. Around page 1666 btw
Link? #Knick2013
#Melo2014MVP
Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Yes because the only reason Thunder lost was because of Westbrook, not because Miami dominated.
Or Harden disappearing...
Old 06-22-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
god this argument is so old. Westbrook is a combo guard. why do people keep expecting him to play like a 1? he isn't a point guard. he shoots a lot, but every last member of OKC has said that they need him to do that.

and as far as being an alpha dog? we're talking about a freakishly athletic guard with great defensive potential who can create his own shot or pull up for an impossible to guard mid-range jumper. and he gets to the line pretty frequently. he SCREAMS #1 scorer.

and I'm laughing at your ridiculous edit.. if Westbrook is on Boston they don't make the playoffs? Westbrook Allen Pierce Bass Garnett? I bet that lineup closes game 6 against Miami
I really believe Russ could be a 27-30 ppg in the right situation as the go to guy playing the 2.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get that Rondo can pass but every other potential assist leaving Rondos hand that doesnt result in points, does with a Westbrook mid range or drive to the rim. You cant just translate the worst from Westbrook and the best from Rondo. They both have incredible strengths and they both have noticeable flaws.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heat! Heat! Heat! Heat!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I really believe Russ could be a 27-30 ppg in the right situation as the go to guy playing the 2.
as do I. it's only recently that I realized it, but he is dripping with potential. he reminds me of Dwyane Wade in a lot of ways
Old 06-22-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
The Thunder would be an insanely better team with Rondo. It would have been a different series.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I get that Rondo can pass but every other potential assist leaving Rondos hand that doesnt result in points, does with a Westbrook mid range or drive to the rim. You cant just translate the worst from Westbrook and the best from Rondo. They both have incredible strengths and they both have noticeable flaws.
Rondo and Westbrook have roughly the same field goal percentage.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Rondo and Westbrook have roughly the same field goal percentage.
what's your point here? they're still two completely different players.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Thunder would be an insanely better team with Rondo. It would have been a different series.
not really.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
not really.
actually yes. I'm not saying OKC wins with Rondo, but he helps with two things. first is defense, the other ball movement. the Thunder had a lot of stagnant possessions with Westbrook, because they had a lot of guys who can create, but nobody to create for them. Durant was consistently receiving the ball outside the three point line. that's a different story with Rondo. it's also difficult to say, because not having Westbrook means Harden has to be a starter. so we're talking about an entirely different team.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really trying not to make a direct comparison and but I do see a lot of parallels between Westbrook and Iverson as players both good and bad. Just thinking about backlash against AI if he was supposed to be a point guard on a team where the whole world was telling him he had to play 2nd fiddle. Russ is an elite talent who brings so much more positive to the Thunder than negative even if he's not an ideal fit.

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-22-2012 at 12:59 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
some people will never accept that fact it is what it is
Old 06-22-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Thunder isn't just going to trade away westbrook after they gave him that huge contract, it's never going to happen. Everyone turns into a GM after a team of 23 year olds doesn't play well in their first finals. Keep playing NBA 2k12, Westbrook isn't going anywhere.