Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Brody was such a hater.

He also **** on the Battier signing so much this past offseason.

SUCK IT BRODY.
Goddammit, I had my power out and was defending Miami during the last two rounds. Bugger off.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami Heat ‏@IAmHeatNation
LeBron has surpassed 650 points, 200 rebounds & 100 assists this postseason. Nobody else has done that before...ever. #NBAFinalsStat
Old 06-22-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now, I'm gonna go bleach my skin.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:22 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo is now the only player in the top 5 of the 03 draft who is ringless. Yep even Darko has a ring lmao.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:34 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God dammit, missed the game :(

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:07 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm really trying not to make a direct comparison and but I do see a lot of parallels between Westbrook and Iverson as players both good and bad. Just thinking about backlash against AI if he was supposed to be a point guard on a team where the whole world was telling him he had to play 2nd fiddle. Russ is an elite talent who brings so much more positive to the Thunder than negative even if he's not an ideal fit.
I also see a lot of Iverson in Westbrook -- good and bad, like you said.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:41 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russell just needs to learn control and IQ on both sides of the floor. Offensively he has no awareness of when to attack and when to slow down. He's 100% every play sort of like Wade was early in his career. Also defensively he has the tools to be an elite defender but he just has no discipline and takes too many chances that he constantly leaves his teams in bad spots. Even Rondo is often guilty of this at a lesser extent. There is no doubt though that Westbrook can be an elite player in this league. I just question if he can in the long run gel with Durant as both are guys who lead the league in shot attempts. I wish we could see a trade like Westbrook for Roy Hibbert, Darren Collison, and Paul George, so we can see Westbrook as the #1 guy on his team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:46 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
#Knicks2013

This should be the new thread title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Melo is now the only player in the top 5 of the 03 draft who is ringless. Yep even Darko has a ring lmao.

Until next year. #MeloOnAMission

Knicks. (10 char)
Old 06-22-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Grizzlies, but doesn't make a difference. Detroit should be pissed they don't have Wade.

oh wait Melo is da beztjfiawjwefpoiajwfq nKNickasS IN AHSTTAG 3012
I think that Darko could have been great. Larry Brown really mishandled him, and there were rumors that Darko started enjoying the night life a bit too much.

But yeah, there were a lot of bitter Pistons fans those first few years. I think that we've (almost) come to terms with it at this point.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Mark Cuban is really owning Skip Bayless on ESPN2...

Last edited by WCH : 06-22-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who has the most pressure on them now to get their first ring?

Carmelo?
Rose?
Howard?
Paul?
Durant?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Who has the most pressure on them now to get their first ring?

Carmelo?
Rose?
Howard?
Paul?
Durant?
None of the above. LeBron has more pressure to get No. 2 than any of those guys to get No. 1.

I said this about last year: The Mavs winning it all was because they played BRILLIANTLY - not because the Heat choked or anything. The Mavs earned that title by performing at such a high level in that series. People always talk about that series from Miami's perspective and all they did wrong but never acknowledge that Dallas just played better throughout the series. Again, there is no 'is.'

Teams with the capability of playing like Mavs did, with enough talent to take the Heat, as presently constructed:

- Chicago
- OKC

Close, but I just don't see it:

- San Antonio
- Indiana
- Lakers

So realistically, here's what I look for next year for possibilities for beating the Heat (which I don't think will happen provided Miami stays healthy).

- Deron Williams goes to Dallas or the Lakers.
- Dwight Howard goes to the Clippers.
- Dwight Howard goes to the Lakers.

If none of those things happen, I expect the Finals to again be OKC - Miami with Miami winning it.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Miami Heat ‏@IAmHeatNation
LeBron has surpassed 650 points, 200 rebounds & 100 assists this postseason. Nobody else has done that before...ever. #NBAFinalsStat
That effort puts him 5th in points, 72nd in assists, and 75th in rebounds... all time. Pretty insane.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to the Heat. I've been more of a LeBron supporter over the years compared to most so I don't really mind him winning a ring, especially because he played out of his damn mind this series and earned it.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Knick fan should be talking **** after seeing that picture.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Durant's team won 1 game vs the Heat this year in the playoffs.

Melo's team won 1 game vs the Heat this year in the playoffs.

Therefore the Knicks are just as good as the Thunder. And we're gonna be even better next year. Fear the blue and orange.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 06-22-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My NBA Champion Tee is ordered!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
That effort puts him 5th in points, 72nd in assists, and 75th in rebounds... all time. Pretty insane.
I think people need to take a step back and remember that LeBron is still younger than Jordan was when he finally won his first title. Jordan was clearly a superior player (IMO), but James could easily end up with some stats and accomplishments that are just insane.

Last edited by WCH : 06-22-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Durant's team won 1 game vs the Heat this year in the playoffs.

Melo's team won 1 game vs the Heat this year in the playoffs.

Therefore the Knicks are just as good as the Thunder. And we're gonna be even better next year. Fear the blue and orange.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 06-22-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will never like Lebron and I still hate him, but god damn was he unreal this season. His play deserved it. Still a douche though.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I think people need to take a step back and remember that LeBron is still younger than Jordan was when he finally won his first title. Jordan was clearly a superior player (IMO), but James could easily end up with some stats and accomplishments that are just insane.
They were both 27 when they won they're first titles with LBJ being in the league 2 years longer.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
They were both 27 when they won they're first titles with LBJ being in the league 2 years longer.
If my math is correct, James is 27. Jordan was 28. Irrelevant point, though. I was certainly not saying that that James can match Jordan. I also don't care that LBJ has been in the league 2 years longer. The more important factor is that Jordan had to overcome the "Bad Boy Pistons," who in turn had to overcome those awesome Celtics and Lakers teams of the 80's. Once those "super teams" of the 80's were out of the way, Jordan won every year. If he were playing today, I think he would have had more playoff success early in his career.

I was only trying to put LBJ's age into context. He's a nine year vet, but he might only be half way through his career, if his body can hold up.

Last edited by WCH : 06-22-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron was unreal, phenomenal playoffs and a deserved title, even if the guy is a complete dick.

Funnily enough I think the best thing that could happen for the Heat was the Spurs choking like they did against the Thunder, I think this was their last chance but they were the best matchup against the Heat this year, genuine post player, a couple of good perimeter defenders and a PG who can score. Thunder just weren't ready and were thoroughly outcoached, they just went with two pieces that were giving them nothing for far to long.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just looked on
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...jordami01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...jamesle01.html
which displays their age during that season.
I'm not sure if it's their age at the beginning or the end of the season but it's clear that they were less than a year apart in regards to their age

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply with him overcoming the Pistons... are you trying to imply one route was easier/harder than the other?

Just looked up Kobe... didn't realize he won his first title at 21. Yes, I know he had Shaq. Just didn't realize he won that young. (I was in high school)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote