Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Wrong thread.

Glad we traded Ben Gordon :)
You're good, bro. You traded one UConn player and had him replaced by another. You'll be in good shape now.

UConn = wins.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:29 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Bulls are saying **** it for this year with the way they sat on their hands.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:43 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe they know something about Mr. Nashty

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:04 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
I think the Bulls are saying **** it for this year with the way they sat on their hands.
There's still free agency to come. Reinsdorf's definitely not going to want to end up over the cap now that the luxury tax is more harsh.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:36 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
One trade that I think is not complicated and makes all too much sense for both teams would be Kyle Lowry and Luis Scola for Pau Gasol. That trade just makes so much sense for me. Houston gets Gasol and still keeps all those assets and can still acquire a Josh Smith, Luol Deng, or Andre Iguodala.

Another trade the Rockets should explore is Kevin Martin+pick #18 for Charlie V, Will Bynum, #9, #39. You could then swing #12+#16 into another top 10 pick and be left with 2 top 10 picks. Maybe you can entice getting D12 with those 2 top 10 picks and other young assets but at worst you have franchise pieces to build around Gasol.

The following trades are all feasible:

Luis Scola+Kyle Lowry for Pau Gasol
#12 pick overall, Kevin Martin, Patrick Patterson for Josh Smith
Shaun Livingston, Marcus Morris, #16, #18 for Wilson Chandler #20

Gives you a starting lineup of:

PG: Goran Dragic
SG: Courtney Lee
SF: Wilson Chandler
PF: Josh Smith
C: Pau Gasol

Seems like the Rockets are unwilling to build with all their young assets so will be interesting to see what direction they go.
I would love the Gasol trade. I like the pieces we got in the draft and would like to see Terrence Jones and Jeremy Lamb get quality playing time

PG: Dragic/Lamb
SG: Courtney Lee/KMart
SF: Terrence Jones
PF: Pattrick Patterson/Chandler Parsons
C: Gasol/Camby

I hope we stick to building with our young players. I guess it depends on how we feel about Donatas Motiejunas at center because, other than him, all we have is Camby at the position.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 06-29-2012 at 06:39 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:44 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I would love the Gasol trade. I like the pieces we got in the draft and would like to see Terrence Jones and Jeremy Lamb get quality playing time

PG: Dragic/Lamb
SG: Courtney Lee/KMart
SF: Terrence Jones
PF: Pattrick Patterson/Chandler Parsons
C: Gasol/Camby

I hope we stick to building with our young players. I guess it depends on how we feel about Donatas Motiejunas at center because, other than him, all we have is Camby at the position.
Why in the world do you have Lamb as backupu PG? Courtney Lee would have to be backup PG if you were that desperate, also don't forget about Royce White.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:53 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Why in the world do you have Lamb as backupu PG? Courtney Lee would have to be backup PG if you were that desperate, also don't forget about Royce White.
I put him there since I didn't know where to put Kevin Martin. I am not the biggest Royce White fan so I left him out in favor of Terrence Jones and Patrick Patterson/Chandler Parsons. There is also Marcus Morris that will be in the mix as well. A ton of forwards fighting for a job in Houston.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:56 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Morris has kind of proven to be a bad tweener. Too slow to guard on the perimiter and is found at a logjam at PF where he isn't even a great low post player. Royce White on ability is a top 10 pick.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm Houston, I'm trading: Scola, Martin, Morris, and maybe Lowry (not the biggest fan of doing so). For Houston, it's worth the risk of trading these guys for Dwight Howard and a bad contract like Hedu's (then Amnesty it).

Houston is left with:
Dragic/Lee
Lamb/(Lee)
White/Parsons/Brockman
Jones/Patterson/Leuer/Adrien
Howard/Smith

Need a bit more scoring at the 2 and 3, but is a low cost team with high upside.

Orlando can then deal Jameer Nelson to whomever and is left with:
Lowry/Duhon
Richardson/Reddick/Wafer
Martin/Nicholson/QRichardson/Morris
Anderson/Davis/O'Quinn/(Morris)
Scola/Orton
Old 06-29-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't amnesty a player you trade for

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well they can eat Hedu's contract for the sake of having Dwight Howard. They have a ton of cap room.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who's iffy on Anthony Davis? I hear he's the next Dwight Howard and blah blah blah, but I just don't see it.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Am I the only one who's iffy on Anthony Davis? I hear he's the next Dwight Howard and blah blah blah, but I just don't see it.
I mean, he averaged almost 5 blocks a game which is pretty insane. He's extremely long. His game offensively still needs some work but honestly he's not bad at all compared to some big men that come out.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I imagine this was scotty yesterday.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
He's not the generational talent that people are saying he is. He has a ways to go...his selling point is that he's an amazing help defender... He was definitely an easy guy to take #1 overall, but definitely not your typical #1 overall...

A few years down the line, I see people talking about Harrison Barnes as the best player from this draft and I see people wondering how Kendall Marshall, Terrence Jones, Marquis Teague, and Doron Lamb fell so far... (completely unintentional that those are all UNC/UK players)

Last edited by nepg : 06-29-2012 at 09:20 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Runs the floor well, has a decent jumpshot, superior athlete, potential defensive anchor, efficient offensive player, good mentality. I like what I see from Davis.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Highlight of the draft for me easily was Andy Katz talking about Sullinger's "Bulging Dicks". /nohomo
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He's not the generational talent that people are saying he is. He has a ways to go...his selling point is that he's an amazing help defender... He was definitely an easy guy to take #1 overall, but definitely not your typical #1 overall...

A few years down the line, I see people talking about Harrison Barnes as the best player from this draft and I see people wondering how Kendall Marshall, Terrence Jones, Marquis Teague, and Doron Lamb fell so far... (completely unintentional that those are all UNC/UK players)

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've heard some really good things about Darius Johnson-Odom, but didnt get to see much of Marquette this year. I know we took him kinda late so if hes as good as people say he shouldnt have fell that far? Anyone know much about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well... automatically he makes the NBA's all-ugly team lol.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Well... automatically he makes the NBA's all-ugly team lol.
Steve Nash, Charlie V, Joakin Noah... Sam Cassell was president of the club for a while. Who else?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Steve Nash, Charlie V, Joakin Noah... Sam Cassell was president of the club for a while. Who else?
Excuse me, sir. Steve Nash is a beautiful human being and you deserve to be reprimanded for such a statement.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charlie V, Noah, and Cassel... absolutely. Nash though? Not at all!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't think Nash is all that ugly. Gerald Wallace on the other hand...
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like OJ Mayo will become an UFA.