Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I AM DOING THE THE NO PANTS DANCE RIGHT NOW! Ray Allen, I love u now!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I AM DOING THE THE NO PANTS DANCE RIGHT NOW! Ray Allen, I love u now!!!
I has such a sad.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I has such a sad.
Its okay man, ur one of few, actually maybe the only, Boston fans I like. Here is a giant E-Hug!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:26 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
last rumors I heard were Artest and Bynum for Dwight and Hedo
I would imagine the Lakers are playing the "We have no problem seeing how Bynum does with Nash" card so that the Magic buy into the straight up trade. The Lakers are planning and hoping to bring in no extra money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering Howard is coming off of surgery, I'm surprised he's generating any interest at the moment. I would definitely want to see how the injury effects his ability to box out and accumulate rebounds before investing that kind of money into him. Add in the fact he isn't going to sign long term and I'd worry about him next offseason.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blake Griffin will make the Olympic team.
http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2...am-sources-say

Sources told ESPN.com that Griffin quiely has been added to that group as well, leaving five players -- Anthony Davis, Rudy ***, Eric Gordon, James Harden and Andre Iguodala -- in contention for the last two roster berths, to be revealed following Saturday's practice session.

One source said Friday that Iguodala and Harden went into camp as the favorites for the last two spots.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aaaaaand heat repeat lol ray allen coming off the bench will be deadly. heat had no real depth coming off the bench and STILL won the 'ship.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something I'm thinking: Hornets sign and trade Gordon to Phoenix for Dudley, Lopez, Brooks + picks.
Then sign Marcus Camby to a 1 year, $1.4 million deal, which is what he's asking for.
Camby can mentor Anthony Davis for a year and those moves add draft picks and still leave the Hornets with cap space for this year and next.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-07-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Camby mentoring Davis would be inrecdibly beneficial but he knows how to play D already. Couldnt hurt to hone those skills but I want to see a more sophisticated offense from Davis. But I'd absolutely buy that teaching at 1.4 mil for one year.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really hoping that Paul doesn't hit the market next year but it'd be unthinkable for him to go back to a rebuilding NO team. Whi would they target next year?

Kevin Martin wouldn't be worth the money he'll demand.
Manu is probably staying. Plus he's too old for NO.
Tyreke Evans would set them back with Rivers already there.
There's Millsap, but would he move them forward?
I like the idea of Lawson.
Al Jefferson? Dont see it.
Monta Ellis will look for the max.
Curry is staying in a Warriors uni, that was the point of moving Ellis right?
Ibaka? They have Davis.
I cant see them luring Howard, Bynum, or Paul but would they dish out a max deal to Harden?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Camby mentoring Davis would be inrecdibly beneficial but he knows how to play D already. Couldnt hurt to hone those skills but I want to see a more sophisticated offense from Davis. But I'd absolutely buy that teaching at 1.4 mil for one year.
That's what I'm thinking. The Hornets need a veteran big and there aren't many on the market right now. It's either bring back Kaman, who will cost a lot more, or bring in Camby for slightly more than the vet minimum. I'd rather bring in Camby which leaves room for next year's FA class. Camby, who was one of the best defensive bigs during his prime, could really teach Davis how to hone his defensive skills and teach him what few offensive moves that Camby knows.

As far as the picks from PHX, I'd ask for the Lakers picks and PHX 2014 first. That would give the Hornets 2 1st picks for the next 3 years to build their team or trade for a vet.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-07-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why in the world would Camby want play for the Hornets when he get go to the Heat?
Old 07-07-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Really hoping that Paul doesn't hit the market next year but it'd be unthinkable for him to go back to a rebuilding NO team. Whi would they target next year?

Kevin Martin wouldn't be worth the money he'll demand.
Manu is probably staying. Plus he's too old for NO.
Tyreke Evans would set them back with Rivers already there.
There's Millsap, but would he move them forward?
I like the idea of Lawson.
Al Jefferson? Dont see it.
Monta Ellis will look for the max.
Curry is staying in a Warriors uni, that was the point of moving Ellis right?
Ibaka? They have Davis.
I cant see them luring Howard, Bynum, or Paul but would they dish out a max deal to Harden?
I don't see Lawson leaving Denver but he could. That's probably who they'd target first and Millsap, who I've heard they were interested in trading for. Millsap could come off the bench or move Davis to the 5 and have a small frontcourt with him and Millsap. They could possibly go after Al Jefferson if they miss out on Howard or Bynum.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-07-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Why in the world would Camby want play for the Hornets when he get go to the Heat?
Can the Heat sign Camby now that they've signed Allen?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-07-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Something I'm thinking: Hornets sign and trade Gordon to Phoenix for Dudley, Lopez, Brooks + picks.
Then sign Marcus Camby to a 1 year, $1.4 million deal, which is what he's asking for.
Camby can mentor Anthony Davis for a year and those moves add draft picks and still leave the Hornets with cap space for this year and next.
Camby is asking for 3 mil a year. And why in the world would he sign with NO?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Camby was set on returning to Houston (he lives there), but took a step back when he saw that we didnt get a few moves done that were expected, and now look to be rebuilding.

So if he turns down his hometown team which he wanted to come back to because theyre rebuilding... he's not going to New Orleans.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Camby doest want the league min. He's said to be interested in NYK, MIA, DAL, and SA but to join NYK or MIA they would need to work a sign and trade. NO has the money and the minutes.

I hate the Jamal Crawford deal now (4/25 ) knowing what Nick Young got (1/6) but that leaves Lou Williams looking at something around 5-7 mil a year.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Allen turns down the C's because he backed up Bradley when he was playing like crap last year... The C's were offering him double what he took from the Heat.

Ainge is a ****** for assuming that he'd be able to get Ray to come back. He dumped all kinds of cash on old dudes expecting Ray to return. Now they're over the cap and completely ******.

Going into the off-season, they were ~$30m under the cap and had an opportunity to replace the guys they were losing with comparable younger players (not much difference between Sully and Bass, OJ Mayo was out there, they had a chance to bring in Camby to provide a second veteran in the big rotation with KG... And Jeff Green didn't want to talk to any other teams... They were going to upgrade their roster AND get younger (and spend less money).

Now they're relying on Pietrus coming back and not being as bad as he was last year. That's a bad spot to be in.

Last edited by nepg : 07-07-2012 at 11:09 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Camby will always be overrated, it seems. He was never a dominant, all-around defender. Even in his prime. He was a good help defender that swatted lots of shots, but Iíve seen the man abused on the block too much for me to call him one of the best post defenders of his era. And, at this point in his career, Iím not convinced he can be much more than a better rebounding version of Joel Anthony. Heís just not an impact player.
Cudders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudders View Post
Marcus Camby will always be overrated, it seems. He was never a dominant, all-around defender. Even in his prime. He was a good help defender that swatted lots of shots, but Iíve seen the man abused on the block too much for me to call him one of the best post defenders of his era. And, at this point in his career, Iím not convinced he can be much more than a better rebounding version of Joel Anthony. Heís just not an impact player.
I agree, but he is an upgrade over any1 the Heat has to play the five, granted, that doesn't take much....
Old 07-07-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may be an upgrade, technically speaking (since he's better than anything else you have at the 5), but i don't necessarily think he makes the team any better. His skills (and i use that term loosely) are best suited for the half court game.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Joel as a defender but holy **** Camby is so much better than him because of his length and ability to actually catch a basketball. Camby obviously makes the Heat a better team.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

And even just depth wise. Ronny Turiaf and Dexter Pittman were our other two centers. They are absolutely useless. Ronny Turiaf smells bad and Dexter Pittman is a goon, thats what they bring, which is nothing.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The point i'm trying to get across is that the Heat are better when they don't have an actual 5 on the floor.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Camby would be a much bigger signing than Ray Allen. If they get him, no one else has a chance.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote