Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
If Brooklyn and Orlando are to make a deal for Howard in near-term, it will likely be a trade between the two teams, sources tell Y! Sports.

this deal is not happening any time soon. best case scenario for Brooklyn is that Lopez tears it up until the trade deadline, at which point the Magic still have not found a suitable deal. Nets should really start focusing on splitting up what remaining exceptions they have left to fill in with some decent backups. make sure they bring back Gerald Green first and foremost
Didn't wojo say this deal was done like 15 times already?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wolves Sign Alexey Shved to 3 yr deal
Old 07-10-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Wolves Sign Alexey Shved to 3 yr deal
I hope he does well. Certainly a talented player.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vyacheslav Kravtsov > Alexey Shved

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being reported that Rashard Lewis is going to sign for the Vet Min with the Heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like it very much if I didn't have to see Austin Daye in a Pistons uniform anymore.

Also, why hasn't Villanueva been amnestied yet?

Old 07-10-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawks sign Lou williams
Old 07-10-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I would like it very much if I didn't have to see Austin Daye in a Pistons uniform anymore.

Also, why hasn't Villanueva been amnestied yet?
Daye had a great day in today's SL game against the Magic. Drummond sucked a fat one and the Magic bigs ate him for lunch. Got pretty heated with elbows, pushing and trash talk.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loved Rashard Lewis a few years ago. Does he still have that same stroke?
Old 07-10-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Hawks sign Lou williams
I like it.. Is he gonna start at SG for them or come off the bench for Teague/Morrow? A Jeff Teague/Lou Williams starting backcourt would be very small. Or do they have another SG that I'm forgetting?

Old 07-10-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They also have John Jenkins.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Loved Rashard Lewis a few years ago. Does he still have that same stroke?
Well all he has to do is chill in the corner. If he can hit an open 3 he will help out.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

New deal being talked about is a 3 way deal with the Lakers, Rockets, Magic.

Bynum to the Rockets
Howard to the Lakers
Picks and young players going to the magic.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/can-lakers...ic-make-a-deal

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
What I wonder is why Orlando would do this, so you are basically trading D12 for Brook Lopez and 3 first rounders, 2 which will be late firsts from Brooklyn and one late first from Clippers, I mean you don't even get Marshon Brooks out of this trade. Honestly I'd much rather take something like D12 for Deandre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, first rounder, and whatever filler throw in prospects like Trey Thompkins and Travis Leslie. I'd much rather have Jordan and his rebounding and shot blocking at 3 years/30 mil than the 4 years 45 mil or whatever Lopez's soft ass will get. And from there D12 would be crazy not to re-up with a squad that has CP3, Blake Griffin, Chauncey, Crawford, Odom and Butler.
This is basically what I'm wondering. It's really a pretty terrible trade for the Magic. Even if it's just for a one year rental somebody has to be willing to give up something better than that. And I'm not really sure I'd want whatever Lopez's contract is on the books for whatever he'll be making. Then from there it's three late firsts, which are essentially nothing.

As another example that's not your Clippers one, I'm not sure why the Bulls couldn't put together something better than the current deal without gutting their team completely. Gibson's pretty solid and on a cheap contract next year, Noah is probably comparable to Lopez, Deng maybe if they prefer him for some reason, and they can offer the Charlotte first too which should actually be a good pick eventually.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Warriors Trade Dorrel Wright To Sixers For Draft Pick
Old 07-10-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woo Shard. More 3s!!!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post

Bynum to the Rockets
Howard to the Lakers

Jesus Christ, make a deal already.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post

Bynum to the Rockets
Howard to the Lakers

so they trade Dwight... and don't even get Bynum?
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

They want a package more along the lines of what the Nuggets got for Melo. A young group of players + picks to rebuild for the future. Bynum has also mentioned he would not sign an extension with Orlando right away and has said he WOULD sign in Houston.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blake signed today and Paul explained why he didn't yesterday, potentially making himself look real bad if he doesn't take the max to stay in LA next year. Wish there wasnt so much tied up in Jordan.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Warriors Trade Dorrel Wright To Sixers For Draft Pick
The Sixers have a glut of wing players. Iggy, Evan Turner, Thad, Moe Harkless, Nick Young and now Dorell Wright. My spidey-senses suspect a bigger trade is in the works.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could the Sixers be a dark horse in the Howard sweepstakes? They have the kind of assets the Nuggets got in return for Melo...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm Orlando the only way I am getting rid of Howard is if I am getting Bynum+ picks/players in return. They should feel forced to send him to Brooklyn, and L.A. has always been the most likely destination for Howard to land in a trade since the Lakers have a lot of pieces.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at the end of the day, nobody is trading that much for Dwight without a guarantee he'll stick around. if they were, a deal would have been done a long time ago.

the only team I see working it out is Atlanta with Al Horford, picks, and expiring contracts. they aren't going to win a championship any time soon with or without Horford, and have the best chance outside of Brooklyn to resign Dwight. as soon as they can trade those guys they get in the Joe Johnson deal, they should be able to take Dwight and Hedo/J-Rich.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I wouldnt say the Lakers have pieceS. I would say that they have a piece, and probably the best piece in a trade like this, but it sounds like he's not interested in re-signing in Orlando.

Quote: