Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I'm not arguing for OKC I'm arguing the fact that people don't think he hasn't earned a max contract.
You have to be a lead dog as an Off Guard to be worthy of a max contract.

6th man of the year does't cut it. Especially when his main strength was sitting at the 3pt line waiting for wide open looks from Westbrook or Durant driving into the lane. He's a jack of all trades, master of none type of guy.

Very good player, don't get me wrong. Max player? Nu uh.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You have to be a lead dog as an Off Guard to be worthy of a max contract.

6th man of the year does't cut it. Especially when his main strength was sitting at the 3pt line waiting for wide open looks from Westbrook or Durant driving into the lane. He's a jack of all trades, master of none type of guy.

Very good player, don't get me wrong. Max player? Nu uh.
He was just a 3pt shooter what? Have you seen him play outside the playoffs? He's great off the ball and when he was leading while durant and westbrook was on the bench resting is when he would come in during the regular season.

Last edited by bantx : 10-29-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harden is overrated.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was just a 3pt shooter what? Have you seen him play outside the playoffs? He's great off the ball and when he was leading while durant and westbrook was on the bench resting when he would come in during the regular season.
Not really. He's a wait for a dish-out then drive to the lane or take a jump shot kinda guy. He's a ball dominant SG who lowers his head and drives to the hoop. His efficiency numbers were skewed because of the fact he got a lot of his minutes against backups and the ridiculous amount of FTs the Thunder got. Let's see how he does when he's playing in an arena that's barely making noise while winning 30 games a year.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

k you guys only watched Harden play in the playoffs.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, i never saw the guy play a minute other than in the playoffs, despite the fact that they were constantly on national television. How'd you know?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harden is twenty ******* three who was the sixth man of the year and was on the olympic squad. His ceiling is absurd. His talent at this point in time is borderline max deserving, but he's got so much ahead of him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah, i never saw the guy play a minute other than in the playoffs, despite the fact that they were constantly on national television. How'd you know?
How did I know? Apparently he only sits and waits at the 3 point land.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
How did I know? Apparently he only sits and waits at the 3 point land.
Where did i say that?

You can't back up your claim with anything other than "omg you're so wrong. you don't watch games".
Old 10-29-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really. He's a wait for a dish-out then drive to the lane or take a jump shot kinda guy. He's a ball dominant SG who lowers his head and drives to the hoop. His efficiency numbers were skewed because of the fact he got a lot of his minutes against backups and the ridiculous amount of FTs the Thunder got. Let's see how he does when he's playing in an arena that's barely making noise while winning 30 games a year.
I find it funny you mock Houston for paying Harden the max, yet you would defend SAC paying Cousins the max(if he stays).
Old 10-29-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

I have no claim in my post? Do you read anything I even write?

Old 10-29-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cousins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Harden

Its not even close bro.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Harden is twenty ******* three who was the sixth man of the year and was on the olympic squad. His ceiling is absurd. His talent at this point in time is borderline max deserving, but he's got so much ahead of him
Contracts are given out based on potential in the NBA, so in that sense yeah he's worth every penny. He's got a lot of upside, but RIGHT NOW, all things constant, i wouldn't risk crippling my business with luxury tax dollars when i can look for a replacement elsewhere (not inferring that anyone will replace what he brings).
Old 10-29-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

You contribute as much as BBD to the nba thread.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I find it funny you mock Houston for paying Harden the max, yet you would defend SAC paying Cousins the max(if he stays).
I shat out more basketball knowledge in my morning dump than you have in your entire head. Forgive me if i don't feel like actually responding to this post.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I like Harden a lot but three things stick out to me that I don't like and they all relate to how he's responded to big pressure/change in pressure situations throughout his career.

1) The first-round NCAA tourney game when he was a POY candidate and he shot horribly and they almost got upset.

2) The fact that his numbers are somehow HORRIBLE when he starts games.

3) His performance in last year's Finals after being so unbelievably big the series prior.

It's not fair to assume that he'd fold in the future to the point of not allowing OKC to win a title, but he has an undeniable history of inconsistent performances when circumstances change. I'm sure that was part of how OKC handled his situation.
Simmons (I think) wrote that Harden hated being "the man" at ASU and was emailing Presti to draft him so he could be a third wheel for OKC.

I have no opinion of my own to add, just throwing that in there.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You all don't know **** about basketball.
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****** people getting paid stupid contracts does matter, it's called ******* market value. Harden is going to get 15 mil a year. Eric Gordon just got 14.5 a year. It's how the NBA works, EVERYONE GETS A LOT OF MONEY, so a 23 year old who is probably going to be a top 3 SG next year deserves a max contract.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz Fo' Life View Post
Cousins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Harden

Its not even close bro.
1. He averaged 18 on a lottery team
2. He's inconsistent
3. He can get lazy at times which effects his defense play

I like Cousins, but he isn't as deserving of a max moreso than Harden. They're both deserving of the max, though
Old 10-29-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Simmons (I think) wrote that Harden hated being "the man" at ASU and was emailing Presti to draft him so he could be a third wheel for OKC.

I have no opinion of my own to add, just throwing that in there.
I was gonna bring this up as well but i assumed everyone had read that already. We'll see how he handles being the top dog on a **** team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
****** people getting paid stupid contracts does matter, it's called ******* market value. Harden is going to get 15 mil a year. Eric Gordon just got 14.5 a year. It's how the NBA works, EVERYONE GETS A LOT OF MONEY, so a 23 year old who is probably going to be a top 3 SG next year deserves a max contract.
There was no market for Joe Johnson getting 112 or whatever millions he got from the Hawks. I get that there's market value, and that's why the Rockets are deservedly giving Harden the money. I just don't think he's worth it to the Thunder. Big difference.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was gonna bring this up as well but i assumed everyone had read that already. We'll see how he handles being the top dog on a **** team.

There was no market for Joe Johnson getting 112 or whatever millions he got from the Hawks. I get that there's market value, and that's why the Rockets are deservedly giving Harden the money. I just don't think he's worth it to the Thunder. Big difference.
Weird, because I think he's worth it to the Thunder more than he is to other teams. I dont care if you go over the luxury tax (which shouldnt matter to OKC since they make a 35 mil profit last year), you keep your main pieces together when youre at the early stages of a DYNASTY. All they did was give 50 million dollars to Serge Ibaka instead, who is vastly inferior to Harden. Good shot blocker, has upside with his midrange jumper, but thats it. Under any scenario ever, id take Harden at 15 million per year over Ibaka at 12 million per year. Well thats a lie, id take Serge if wins were based on shot blocks instead of points.

Last edited by comahan : 10-29-2012 at 06:25 PM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Not if they gave him the max....they should've paid him and amnestied Perkins if need be. Assuming the luxury tax scares you (which is a really dumb argument seeing as many small market teams have paid it in the past), it was still dumb to trade him now.....at least drag it out until October and see if he caves. It's not like you wouldn't get the same, if not a better, package from Morey who was insanely desperate.
What markets as small as Oklahoma City paid the luxury tax for multiple years (which is inevitable with that core)?

This is, of course, a trick question, because there are maybe 2-3 markets in the NBA the size of Oklahoma City. (Which is why it was pretty stupid to move a team there in the first place)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Weird, because I think he's worth it to the Thunder more than he is to other teams. I dont care if you go over the luxury tax (which shouldnt matter to OKC since they make a 35 mil profit last year), you keep your main pieces together when youre at the early stages of a DYNASTY. All they did was give 50 million dollars to Serge Ibaka instead, who is vastly inferior to Harden. Good shot blocker, has upside with his midrange jumper, but thats it. Under any scenario ever, id take Harden at 15 million per year over Ibaka at 12 million per year. Well thats a lie, id take Serge if wins were based on shot blocks instead of points.
yes. this. Plus, the chemistry Harden had with Durant and Westbrook is WELL worth the max contract. That can't be overlooked either.

and packmann, I can't decide if you're trolling or young or just not bright or all 3. I'm just confused because of how wrong you are on literally everything you post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote