Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Read that Stat will miss the first 6 weeks of the season.

Ouch.

Why do I keep getting this guy in fantasy???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah thanks for outbidding me for him, I thought I'd be able to steal him after how hard he sucked last year.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Why do I keep getting this guy in fantasy???
Cause you like to be teased?
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope they keep him out until he's healthy. We'll make the playoffs. Being fully healthy come playoff time is much more important for us than our seeding.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah thanks for outbidding me for him, I thought I'd be able to steal him after how hard he sucked last year.
This is what owning Stoudemire in fantasy is like...

Old 10-29-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I don't want to go back and quote seeing as I'm posting from my phone, but this is totally different than the Lin thing. We're talking a lot less money for one. Two, were talking about a legit title contender. A favorite to play in the finals in fact. You don't flush a chance at a title down the drain for cash. These Knicks aren't winning a title, only a moron thinks they're legit contenders with or without Lin. That's the difference. The golden rule trumps all. Even business acumen.
The fallacy in all of this is that you're assuming they flushed their chances down the toilet, which is just so wrong. They still have the second best player in the world with another top seven guy next to him, and a young bench. Would it really surprise anyone to see them coming out of the west again? I know i wouldn't be.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think they will be ok if they stagger the minutes so Durant is getting a lot of PT with Maynor and Westbrook can isoball it up as a lone wolf for stretches.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The fallacy in all of this is that you're assuming they flushed their chances down the toilet, which is just so wrong. They still have the second best player in the world with another top seven guy next to him, and a young bench. Would it really surprise anyone to see them coming out of the west again? I know i wouldn't be.
Yes, it would be very surprising to me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would surprise me. Even if it wouldn't you, they still undeniably made a title contender worse. That's unforgivable, especially in this circumstance where it's not just one year.....it's a title contender for at least the next 5 provided everyone stays healthy.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had my first real basketball fantasy draft in a while. It was auction, but I fell asleep before it and the computer picked my team. How is it?

PG: Goran Dragic
SG: DWade
SF: Rudy ***
PF: Paul Millsap
C: Andrew Bynum
G: Brandon Jennings
F: Al Hortford
UTL: Mike Conley
UTL: Chris Bosh
UTL: Tyson Chandler
Bench: Marcin Gortat
Bench: Ryan Anderson
Bench: KG
Old 10-30-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That has to be a hell of a small league.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it like a 4 team league?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-30-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
The **** did you just say? Is that english?
English talking I trying was.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Is it like a 4 team league?
Close. 6 teams.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to have someone teach me how to play fantasy basketball :( I think it's so confusing to me because of the NBA schedule. It's not just a standard 1 week thing like the NFL where you set your schedule once per week and with so many games I have no clue what's going on. I tried once and just gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You just really gotta check your roster every day because the NBA schedule is random.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
James Harden boarded an airplane Sunday morning, bound for Houston. He was “devastated,” said someone who knows the Bearded One. Harden and his family both.

Said Harden was stunned that the Thunder actually traded him to the Rockets. He didn't believe the Thunder would do it.

But Sam Presti told him. Presti's lips now are sealed, but sources from both parties said that the Thunder appealed one final time to Harden on Friday. Upped its offer to $53 million over four years but told Harden if he didn't take it, he would be traded to Houston.

Presti didn't use that as a warning. He used it as a plea. He desperately wanted to keep Harden, but this was the last best offer.
And the Thunder gave Harden an hour to accept.

It wasn't that Presti was trying to play hardball, necessarily. He was on the clock. That deal with the Rockets wouldn't last forever; Houston wanted Harden early enough to sign him to a contract extension by the Halloween deadline. Presti had decided that if Harden wouldn't sign an extension with OKC, a preseason deal offered the Thunder its best leverage.
Harden, through his agent, said he needed three days. Presti stood firm on one hour.

And 60 minutes later, Presti called the Rockets and consummated a rare NBA October blockbuster trade.
So Harden got on that plane Sunday morning, and maybe “devastated” wasn't the accurate description. Maybe he just had buyer's remorse. Maybe he played a bad game of poker.

But Harden sounded awfully melancholy Sunday in Houston.
“It happened so fast, it happened very fast,” Harden said, a point Presti might dispute, since talks started in July.
“But this is the position I'm in now,” Harden said. “Just have to make the best of it.”

I don't know if Harden's chief goal was to get the most money he could get out of the Thunder, or get the most money he could get anywhere. His former comrades, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka, made it clear. They wanted a big chunk of change, but they wanted it in OKC, and any compromise would come on the former, not the latter.

So who knows? Maybe Harden wants to be the face of a franchise, which he will be in Houston. He'll also have May and June free to host his yacht parties. The Thunder has turned into a sweatshop; you work virtually every day in May and maybe June, too.

But Harden misplayed it badly if he really did want to stay arm-in-arm with Kevin Durant and Westbrook, a status which in three short years has made him an Olympian, an NBA star and a cult hero far beyond little ol' OKC.
First off, Presti and Clay Bennett aren't exactly jokesters. They're serious men. You might not like what they say, but you can believe what they say — and yes, that means you, too, Seattle.

“We have to do what we say,” Presti said Sunday.
Plus, the Thunder contract offer not only was generous, it was borderline irresponsible. I have no idea how Presti thinks he was going to be able to pay Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden a combined $60 million a year, without luxury taxes endangering the franchise.

But Thunder ownership went out on a shaky limb and OK'd the offer.
Harden had been demanding a maximum contract from the Thunder and never really retreated. The difference between the Thunder's final offer and the max is about $5 million over four years — $1.25 million a year.

Of course, that's $1.25 million to Harden, but much more than that to the Thunder, because of luxury taxes.

Harden will get a five-year deal from Houston, upward of $78 million, an offer unavailable from the Thunder since the new labor agreement limits five-year deals to one per team, and Westbrook got the Thunder's exception a year ago.
So Harden has his max contract. Nice consolation prize for feeling devastated.
Can't post links, don't have enough posts yet. But it's from NewsOK in an article written by Berry Tramel if you want to Google it at all.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one not buying into Denvers hype this season? I dunno I love Iggy and all, but I just can't buy into untill I watch a few of their games in this season.

But wooo lets go Eddie Curry tonight vs D12!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Am I the only one not buying into Denvers hype this season? I dunno I love Iggy and all, but I just can't buy into untill I watch a few of their games in this season.

But wooo lets go Eddie Curry tonight vs D12!
Yeah but Dallas is lousy this season.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-30-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
Can't post links, don't have enough posts yet. But it's from NewsOK in an article written by Berry Tramel if you want to Google it at all.
I'm glad Harden feels devastated. He played his cards all wrong. OKC is now better off. They get Kevin Martin's expiring contract, Jeremy Lamb and 2 first rounders. Sustainability.. Presti is a master. When Lamb and PJ3 become future studs for the Thunder then people will wonder how he keeps doing it.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm glad Harden feels devastated.

Yeah, what a selfish idiot to turn down a deal that's 25 million dollars less...
Old 10-30-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was best for both sides. Harden wants max money and Okc can't give it to him. So might as well trade him and get something back.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, what a selfish idiot to turn down a deal that's 25 million dollars less...
Soooooooo devastated, it cracks me up!

If Houston doesn't make the playoffs is Harden still gonna get a max contract? So funny, they act like they just got T-Mac in his prime....LMAO.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I think draftguru said it a few pages back, but the whole issue of Harden deserving 13 million a year instead of 16 is pretty stupid. You're splitting hairs at that point for the chance to get at the very least an all star level player. The whole "he isn't worth a max contract" thing is so overblown. It's not like you can make the argument that he's a 9 million dollar player. You can make the argument that he's a 13 million dollar player and at that point just pay him, you know what you're getting. You don't know what you're getting in Lamb and those first rounders (that may not even be lottery picks I might add), although people are weirdly acting like you do.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think draftguru said it a few pages back, but the whole issue of Harden deserving 13 million a year instead of 16 is pretty stupid. You're splitting hairs at that point for the chance to get at the very least an all star level player. The whole "he isn't worth a max contract" thing is so overblown. It's not like you can make the argument that he's a 9 million dollar player. You can make the argument that he's a 13 million dollar player and at that point just pay him, you know what you're getting. You don't know what you're getting in Lamb and those first rounders (that may not even be lottery picks I might add), although people are weirdly acting like you do.
So is the $25M difference significant or not? Seems like you can't make up your mind. *shrugs*