Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I stand by my statement of wanting Josh...
It would be even worst. Pau is still a better fit with Howard. He just has those moments of finesse at the wrong freakin time.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
It would be even worst. Pau is still a better fit with Howard. He just has those moments of finesse at the wrong freakin time.
Hes just a ***** basically lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So yeah Mavericks did it without Dirk. NO BIG DEAL!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
So yeah Mavericks did it without Dirk. NO BIG DEAL!
The team will decline when Kaman comes back and starts stealing time from Wright, and Carter continues to play more than Crowder.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The team will decline when Kaman comes back and starts stealing time from Wright, and Carter continues to play more than Crowder.
Stop being so negative all the time Brodie!

Old 10-31-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But his skill-set is still a much better match with Howard. With that said, if they get away from the Princeton and let Nash do his thing, I'd like to see more Hill and Howard together. Pau just doesn't do for me down the stretch anymore. He's not dependable to do the dirty work down low for critical possessions.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stop being so negative all the time Brodie!
I am speaking truths! You can't continue to hold back Crowder for long.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So NIP was dead on about how the Princeton would make Pau look sweet as a passer but would suck for basically everybody else.

Not a good idea to design your offense around the third best player who is also prone to disappearing at important times.

Kobe's usage rate was down to 20% for this game, too. Was 34 last year.

Last edited by y.f.s. : 10-31-2012 at 03:13 AM.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:00 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
So NIP was dead on about how the Princeton would make Pau look sweet as a passer but would suck for basically everybody else.

Not a good idea to design your offense around the third best player who is also prone to disappearing at important times.

Kobe's usage rate was down to 20% for this game, too. Was 34 last year.
The offense also got a lot of easy looks early. Kobe shot 78%, and alot of that was due to easy looks off of cuts early. The team shot 55% for the game. The ball has been taken out of Kobe's hand so I expect his usage rate to be where it was. He also got a ton of easy buckets as I assumed he would. My problem is the Princeton shouldn't be the basic foundation of the half-court set. It should be more of a fall-back like when guys maybe aren't shooting a high percentage or you have alot of the bench guys in, who have trouble creating their own shot.

The thing is, I don't want a 38 year old PG with back issues running fast breaks every second either. His legs wouldn't last a entire season running all game, every possession. It has to be a fine line. The PnR worked to perfection when we went to it. We just didn't go to it enough. Nash was off the ball way too much for my liking. I think the offense just needs to be tweaked some more towards Nash orchestrating more and deferring to Princeton less. Mike Brown re-iterated after the game that Nash has free reign so he just has to find the balance. When we see them pressing the guards up the court, ditch the offense and exploit the pressure until they ease off. This is only their second game together as a unit and Kobe missed a week of practice. It'll get worst before it gets better. But I knew the first two months would be ugly. Especially since Dwight is probably 75% right now. He has no lift and he looks very human at the moment....Superman hasn't shown up yet.

My main problem right now is the defense. We don't play it nor do we seem engaged enough on the defensive end to just do the little things...keep a body on your man, show and recover with urgency, rotate in a timely manner, move your ******* feet and stay in front of your man. Too many second chance points, too many easy baskets given up off of defensive breakdowns. This looks like the same Lakers under Phil. The main reason Brown was hired was to improved the defense. Nothing has changed.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-31-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Old 10-31-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Talk to me in April....
Old 10-31-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curry extension 4 years/44 millions

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Harden 5 year 80 million

Old 10-31-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greatness. He's gonna dominate this season. Just watch.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Harden 5 year 80 million
Expected. That puts him in the neighborhood with the likes of CP3, Durant,
LeBron, Bosh, Deron, Wade, Pierce, Bynum and Rose. Same caliber player? Lol, no. But whatevers... my question is.... what do the Rockets expect to accomplish in 5 years?

Anyone have an idea of their rebuilding strategy and they are trying to do? They've got a great mixture of young promising talent which I really like... big fan of Donatas, T-Jones, and White especially. It's not easy to buy into Lin here. I'm not cheering for him to fail, but I think he was a product of the situation he was in and the hype that no other city could've built up like NY did for Lin. We'll see though. They got Asik on a good deal, but he provides no inside scoring threat.

I really don't think they get anywhere unless those guys I mentioned, Donatas, Jones and White develop into stars and they find a scoring Big Man. Lin and Harden can't carry them on their shoulders. I really didn't see the need to get Harden when you figure they have to wait for their youngsters before they get anywhere anyways. So Lamb would've fit perfectly fine in their situation. *shrugs* Why not keep the cap space and go for Bynum or Al Jefferson in FA? Where you have a real need?

Maybe somebody else can explain it that makes sense. Anyone?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post

Greatness. He's gonna dominate this season. Just watch.
That kinda looks like NIP.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
LeBron, Bosh, Deron, Wade, Pierce, Bynum and Rose. Same caliber player? Lol, no. But whatevers... my question is.... what do the Rockets expect to accomplish in 5 years?

Anyone have an idea of their rebuilding strategy and they are trying to do? They've got a great mixture of young promising talent which I really like... big fan of Donatas, T-Jones, and White especially. It's not easy to buy into Lin here. I'm not cheering for him to fail, but I think he was a product of the situation he was in and the hype that no other city could've built up like NY did for Lin. We'll see though. They got Asik on a good deal, but he provides no inside scoring threat.

I really don't think they get anywhere unless those guys I mentioned, Donatas, Jones and White develop into stars and they find a scoring Big Man. Lin and Harden can't carry them on their shoulders. I really didn't see the need to get Harden when you figure they have to wait for their youngsters before they get anywhere anyways. So Lamb would've fit perfectly fine in their situation. *shrugs* Why not keep the cap space and go for Bynum or Al Jefferson in FA? Where you have a real need?

they have enough cap space for another max contract

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Man you really hate on the Rockets and Harden any chance you get huh? But anyway...

First off, no I dont think Harden is worth a max. I dont think he is a dominate player NOW. Will he ever be? I really dont know and time will tell I guess. Still though, he's a damn good player and he will make the Rockets a better team. But if a max contract is what it takes to be able to keep a very good player like Harden then so be it. Only a few players really deserve the max but if you wanna keep a really good player, max is the only way to go. What makes it more ok is that the Rockets still have enough cap room to offer another max next year. But I hope one of our young players can develop into a great #1-2 option. So if Harden does feel to be a #1 guy, Rockets can still be able to bring in a #1 guy to tag team with Harden who no question will be a great #2.

The Rockets are trying to build a team for the future. After Yao went down, the franchise had nothing left and they were tired of being an average team. Worst spot is to be in that middle class with a meh draft pick every year. Well in order to change that they had to tear it all down and build it back up. So what they doing? Bringing in young talent in hopes one can be a star and just be another Thunder team with alot of young talented guys who can do some damage. And also adding alot of young talent in case a star player can be had for via trade.

The Rockets need to make a move, so the best thing was go after a young, playoff experience, very good player who is really talented. Harden isnt a Durant, Kobe, LeBron, Rose, Dwight, CP3 or Melo, but that doesnt change the fact that he is really good and could step up to be a leader, a #1 option. Rockets had to be aggressive and take a chance on a guy. They did their studying, they broke down the numbers, and it turns out Harden was a guy who they felt comfortable enough to take a chance. Its all about improving and the Rockets are a better team today then they were a week ago.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
they have enough cap space for another max contract
I see the light!

Plus, I guess if they suck like I think they will then they will be in position to get a big man in the draft and this year's draft is loaded with C talent. Maybe they don't have to hope that the Sixers and Jazz don't re-up their contracts with Bynum and Jefferson either...
Old 10-31-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rockets may not need to go after a big man based on how well Asik and Terrence Jones has been playing. Asik has a sneaky offensive game. He's made a big jump on that side of the ball lately. Just hope he can continue to improve.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Old 10-31-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Man you really hate on the Rockets and Harden any chance you get huh? But anyway...

First off, no I dont think Harden is worth a max. I dont think he is a dominate player NOW. Will he ever be? I really dont know and time will tell I guess. Still though, he's a damn good player and he will make the Rockets a better team. But if a max contract is what it takes to be able to keep a very good player like Harden then so be it. Only a few players really deserve the max but if you wanna keep a really good player, max is the only way to go. What makes it more ok is that the Rockets still have enough cap room to offer another max next year. But I hope one of our young players can develop into a great #1-2 option. So if Harden does feel to be a #1 guy, Rockets can still be able to bring in a #1 guy to tag team with Harden who no question will be a great #2.

The Rockets are trying to build a team for the future. After Yao went down, the franchise had nothing left and they were tired of being an average team. Worst spot is to be in that middle class with a meh draft pick every year. Well in order to change that they had to tear it all down and build it back up. So what they doing? Bringing in young talent in hopes one can be a star and just be another Thunder team with alot of young talented guys who can do some damage. And also adding alot of young talent in case a star player can be had for via trade.

The Rockets need to make a move, so the best thing was go after a young, playoff experience, very good player who is really talented. Harden isnt a Durant, Kobe, LeBron, Rose, Dwight, CP3 or Melo, but that doesnt change the fact that he is really good and could step up to be a leader, a #1 option. Rockets had to be aggressive and take a chance on a guy. They did their studying, they broke down the numbers, and it turns out Harden was a guy who they felt comfortable enough to take a chance. Its all about improving and the Rockets are a better team today then they were a week ago.
I hate on Harden... not neccessarily the Rockets. But since they now have him, it's kind of hand in hand.

I agree that they are better "now" and I see your point about not wanting to be middle of the pack, but that's exactly the type of moves they are making. Lin, Asik now Harden. These are all moves that keep them in mediocrity. Like I said earlier, I don't think they get anywhere significant until their young prospects develop into stars. That's why I didn't get the rush and cost to want/sign Harden over waiting on Lamb. But I guess if they have max cap room to bring in another guy then they might be able to be a 4-6 seed in the West. Lin, Harden, Jones, Moteijunas, Bynum/Jefferson/Draft Pick seems good enough to make noise... I think.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Speaking of the offseason, which teams have max cap room?
Old 10-31-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kings begin their 82 game domination tour tonight. I predict 31/14 for Boogie.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

I think Asik has been playing better then anyone has expected lately. Even the coaches and management are surprised that he's doing this well. But it was only preseason and have to see if he can do this on any given night. Still off to a great start. I agree with Lin. I hated the fact that the Rockets had two really good PG's in Lowry and Dragic, then to walk away from the offseason losing both? Pissed me off. Both are better then Lin. I do like Lin and I think he's good but I dont think he will be that NY Lin we all witnessed last year. Granted, he's still a growing player and no where close to a finished product. But I can already tell he will make me want to pull out my hair alot this season. I do think adding a guy like Harden will put less pressure on Lin and maybe that can help him grow faster.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Last edited by Da-Phins : 10-31-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
I think Asik has been playing better then anyone has expected lately. Even the coaches and management are surprised that he's doing this well. But it was only preseason and have to see if he can do this on any given night. Still off to a great start. I agree with Lin. I hated the fact that the Rockets had two really good PG's in Lowry and Dragic, then to walk away from the offseason losing both? Pissed me off. Both are better then Lin. I do like Lin and I think he's good but I dont think he will be that NY Lin we all witnessed last year. Granted, he's still a growing player and no where close to a finished product. But I can already tell he will make me want to pull out my hair alot this season. I do think adding a guy like Harden will put less pressure on Lin and maybe that can help him grow faster.
I only made a half assed attempt to guess what they are doing...

But what's your dream for the Rockets to look like? ...and how long until you expect them to be top contenders?