Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't say it would. But saying that what he's done so far is a product of not having scorers on that team is stupid.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I didn't say it would. But saying that what he's done so far is a product of not having scorers on that team is stupid.
Cause you know it won't. That team right now doesn't have another player that can be relied on for scoring. ...and him being the only one who can (which is my point) is irrelevant to the tie you're trying to make that efficiency matters. So you can stop with the strawman.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No **** it won't. You'd have to be an idiot to think he's going to average 41 PPG this year.

Bu I'm not going to carry on this argument any longer because you've made it quite clear you're just going to keep repeating the same point over and over, even though multiple people have explained to you that it doesn't make sense in this situation.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm not going to carry on this argument any longer because you've made it quite clear you're just going to keep repeating the same point over and over, even though multiple people have explained to you that it doesn't make sense in this situation.
You lose.

Seriously, he's gonna get a lot of opportunity to score, so the stats will be there. If the Rockets are a team to wreakon with this year, I'll give him his props.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does effeciency not matter?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Efficient= good. D-Unit not comprehending the entire argument = bad.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Poor D-Unit. He also use to think Gilbert Arenas was good when he was shooting like 38% from the field.
Like Metsox with Boogie Cousins?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You lose.

Seriously, he's gonna get a lot of opportunity to score, so the stats will be there. If the Rockets are a team to wreakon with this year, I'll give him his props.
So you don't think that being on a bad team with no other scorers inflates stats? I'm not saying that he is a fluke or he is legit, but your argument contradicts most basketball logic of most people ever.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stop trying to be cool. I never said anything like that.
Uh, yeah you did. I'm sure any number of people can attest to that. I'm sure I could go back and look but I really don't care enough. You thought Arenas was good when the trade happened. He wasn't, he was awful.

Quote:
Cause you know it won't. That team right now doesn't have another player that can be relied on for scoring. ...and him being the only one who can (which is my point) is irrelevant to the tie you're trying to make that efficiency matters. So you can stop with the strawman.
Wait, what now? Who gives a crap if no one on his team can score? What does that have to do with anything if he's doing it efficiently? Plenty of players can put up scoring numbers, but if you do it inefficiently, it's hurting your team.

It's like a running back who runs for a 100 yards but does it averaging 2.5 ypc. If you've rushed it that many times and for that little success you're only hurting your team.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Efficient= good. D-Unit not comprehending the entire argument = bad.
2 games <> career reputation. Brodeur not comprehending the fact that Harden is the only good scorer on his team = bad.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
So you don't think that being on a bad team with no other scorers inflates stats? I'm not saying that he is a fluke or he is legit, but your argument contradicts most basketball logic of most people ever.
No, you need to go back and read. That's the opposite of what I said.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2 games <> career reputation. Brodeur not comprehending the fact that Harden is the only good scorer on his team = bad.
This is one of those times where you should admit you're wrong or say nothing at all. You have no leg to stand on at this point.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was incredibly efficient last year as well, and he's starting to back it up with efficiency this year. You act like he was Antoine Walker before this year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-03-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Of course it does..you get more touches which increases your scoring opportunities
Old 11-03-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Uh, yeah you did. I'm sure any number of people can attest to that. I'm sure I could go back and look but I really don't care enough. You thought Arenas was good when the trade happened. He wasn't, he was awful.

Wait, what now? Who gives a crap if no one on his team can score? What does that have to do with anything if he's doing it efficiently? Plenty of players can put up scoring numbers, but if you do it inefficiently, it's hurting your team.

It's like a running back who runs for a 100 yards but does it averaging 2.5 ypc. If you've rushed it that many times and for that little success you're only hurting your team.
Yeah, go ahead and look it up. Everyone knew Arenas was an inefficient scorer, so don't make things up. I didn't think I the Magic was getting a great player. I thought they were getting a better player they were shipping out and for the time he was on the Magic he was better than Rashard was for the Wizards. Rashard's back went out on him and he was useless. There were moments in the playoffs that Arenas helped the Magic win and overall, he was better than Jameer (that's not saying a lot, but still). In the end, when the Magic amnestied him, the effect on the cap ended up being the same if the Magic had kept Rashard. So cap wise, the trade had a wash effect.

If Harden is scoring efficiently, I don't see how that goes against me saying "He's the only guy on the team that they can depend on for scoring."
Old 11-03-2012, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Of course it does..you get more touches which increases your scoring opportunities
But who cares if you're scoring EFFICIENTLY?
Old 11-03-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

had you kept Lewis you could of amnestied Hedo instead

i think

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
This is one of those times where you should admit you're wrong or say nothing at all. You have no leg to stand on at this point.
Wrong about what? 2 games in and now Harden is on the level of these guys?

Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Deron Williams
Dwyane Wade
Andrew Bynum
Derrick Rose

He's in their same pay grade.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But who cares if you're scoring EFFICIENTLY?
You cannot score either way if you're not getting touches. You have to have the ball in your hands most often than not.

I understand the point, but his numbers wouldn't be later on in the season. It's too early in the year. Harden averaging 30? I don't care how good his second option is, defenses will adjust to him.

Last edited by PACKmanN : 11-03-2012 at 02:08 AM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Wrong about what? 2 games in and now Harden is on the level of these guys?

Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Deron Williams
Dwyane Wade
Andrew Bynum
Derrick Rose

He's in their same pay grade.
He's better than Deron Williams and Chris Bosh, yeah. Deron Williams was not good last year, so he has to prove some **** as well.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-03-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
had you kept Lewis you could of amnestied Hedo instead

i think
Negative. Rashard was traded to NOR for Ariza and Okafor and the Hornets bought out the last year of his deal this past summer.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:05 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are also about 50 players who are worse than him being paid more, don't know how anyone can think he isn't worth a max contract

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Blah blah blah... Hate on haters....

Arenas is gonna have a huge year. ...and when he does, I'm gonna say EAT IT SUCKA!

Quote:
Arenas does not have a worse contract because he actually does things on the floor. Lewis has the worst contract in the NBA. Period.

Gilbert's game log. Baller.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...Vj_53ObimhPKB4
Just some of the proof of your love for Gilbert, despite his inefficiency. My favorite part was when you tried to use statistical evidence to prove me wrong by saying Gilbert was good when his efficiency was absolutely terrible. I got so much rep for that.

But nice try, D.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cool your jets. Teams haven't adjusted yet.

This won't last.
adjusted? this isn't the nfl, teams know harden is the top scorer. it's nothing to do with adjustments, he's just ******* awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's better than Deron Williams and Chris Bosh, yeah. Deron Williams was not good last year, so he has to prove some **** as well.
Deron and Bosh have proved their mettle beyond doubt. This is Harden's year to prove it. You guys want to prematurely crown him and put him at that level, then I think it's premature. If Houston becomes one of the better teams in the league this year, then I'll give him his due. But I think they'll be amongst the bottome teams in the West.

But this all started off with me disagreeing with the crowd saying the Thunder got hurt in their trade. From there, things have spun into what it is now.