Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lakers probably need to go about 21-9 or 22-8 to make the playoffs from here on out. Good luck with that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
He's pretty good.
Didn't Breen say that he was the third? I think he said Moses and Dantley did it too.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron is playing so ridiculously well. It's going to be a shame when KD steals his MVP.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Lebron is playing so ridiculously well. It's going to be a shame when KD steals his MVP.
He's at the point where hes so good that people expect unrealistic numbers from him. If anyone else was having the season he's having right now you wouldn't hear the end of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Durant is having the better season, deal with it Rob.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Durant is having the better season, deal with it Rob.
You would be wrong.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
But you're acting as if Blake is an some kind of uncoordinated clown out there. He's very coordinated, there aren't many PF's in the game that can handle the ball like he does. I would never get on Nikola Pekovic's case for not being able to make a 17 footer because his lack of coordination won't allow him to do it consistently. That's not the case with Blake.
I don't disagree with any of that. I just think the idea that he doesn't shoot Fts and js well bc he doesn't work at them or he didn't dedicate himself to a good coach is ridiculous.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Durant has 0 chance to win MVP if the season ended today. If Lebron plays anywhere close to this for the rest of the season too
Old 02-10-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Durant has 0 chance to win MVP if the season ended today. If Lebron plays anywhere close to this for the rest of the season too
He would win. The writers definitely want to give it to him.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
You would be wrong.
I disagree. Both are legitimate candidates and it certainly wouldn't be as dumb as Derrick Rose winning a few years ago if either one won, but bah. I'd go with Durant for now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Not a chance. Any votes kd would get would be if a voter hated Lebron.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I disagree. Both are legitimate candidates and it certainly wouldn't be as dumb as Derrick Rose winning a few years ago if either one won, but bah. I'd go with Durant for now.
It wouldn't be nearly as dumb as Rose, agreed. I do think LBJ has been clearly better though.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Please explain an argument for Kd over Lebron. I just don't see one. What am I missing?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're missing the fact that Brodeur likes attention.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going into today:

LeBron 26.9 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 6.9 APG, 1.6 SPG, 0.9 BPG, .560/.420/.737
Durant 29.1 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 4.4 APG, 1.6 SPG, 1.2 BPG, .516/.430/.903

Pretty close. And Durant has the better team this year. Id probably lean LeBron right now (Based on the slight stats edge and the fact that LeBron is also an elite defender), but I don't think it's a stretch so put Durant ahead of him. A lot of people will end up putting Durant #1 just as a change, because the same person winning MVP every year is boring, I guess.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
You're missing the fact that Brodeur likes attention.
I've said Durant has been the MVP the entire year, it's not like I'm BBD here. I just think that Durant is scoring at such an elite rate, and LeBron is playing a lot of PF which makes it harder to gauge his stats in a vacuum.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think that Durant shooting 52% is more impressive than LeBron shooting 56%, because of the way they score their points now. A jump shooter being this efficient is absolutely amazing.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I don't want to make it seem like I'm discounting what Durant is doing this year, I said a while ago that I feel bad that he's doing what he's doing and still probably won't win MVP.

As a matter of fact when is the last time we've had two players having the kind of seasons they're having?
Old 02-10-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Again, I said I'd be fine with either and I think Chris Paul is having an absolutely tremendous year as well. I don't think we've had a top 3 this good in a while, really.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't Breen say that he was the third? I think he said Moses and Dantley did it too.
Yea TACKLE lied to me.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Going into today:

LeBron 26.9 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 6.9 APG, 1.6 SPG, 0.9 BPG, .560/.420/.737
Durant 29.1 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 4.4 APG, 1.6 SPG, 1.2 BPG, .516/.430/.903

Pretty close. And Durant has the better team this year. Id probably lean LeBron right now (Based on the slight stats edge and the fact that LeBron is also an elite defender), but I don't think it's a stretch so put Durant ahead of him. A lot of people will end up putting Durant #1 just as a change, because the same person winning MVP every year is boring, I guess.
How are those stats close? He's shooting 5 ******* 6 percent with 7 assists more Rebs less turnovers as the primary ball handler and he's a better defender. It's not close.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Durant is having a GREAT year. Lebron is on another planet.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
How are those stats close? He's shooting 5 ******* 6 percent with 7 assists more Rebs less turnovers as the primary ball handler and he's a better defender. It's not close.
He still takes more shots per game

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He still takes more shots per game
and he still has a better shooting percentage.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's shooting 4% better, but still averaging less points per shot. Shooting percentage doesn't count for anything comparing a perimeter player to an inside player. Yes, Bron is an inside player now.

So Bron assists at a higher rate, but scores at a lower rate. Rebounding is negligible seeing as Durant has people who can ACTUALLY rebound on his team, where Lebron is the only guy.

LeBron is a better defender, but Durant has significantly stepped up his defense this year, too.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote