Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
It still amazes me that the Raps didn't take Drummond. He falls right into their lap and they reach for Ross. So dumb. Drummond/Val would have been the best young C corp in the league and when it came time to trade one they would have gotten a ton in return. Seemed like such a no brainer at the time which is why it was obvious Colangelo wasn't going to do it.
Colangelo wasn't looking towards the future with the pick. He needed a off the bench spark, and a guy for the future. Ross doesn't have Drummond's potential of greatness, but he can start in this league and average good numbers in his prime
Old 03-08-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You're going to extend Rudy's awful contract, so...
Your point is.........

You realize he is signed for three more years right? No need to spam.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Colangelo wasn't looking towards the future with the pick. He needed a off the bench spark, and a guy for the future. Ross doesn't have Drummond's potential of greatness, but he can start in this league and average good numbers in his prime
He isn't even close to the player Dre is right now, and Dre is raw as ****. There was never a plan.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You just contradicted yourself.

Drummond is better now and in the future. Not saying Ross won't be a really nice starter but it was a bad pick. Doesn't help that Casey is an awful coach with awful rotations.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He isn't even close to the player Dre is right now, and Dre is raw as ****. There was never a plan.
There is no way we would give major mins to both Dre and Val. They're both raw on the offense. As of right now, Ross is better. Don't be silly. COULD Dre be better in the future? Sure.

The plan was Nash. It failed.

I would rather have Cal than half of the gms in this league. Lets face it, the nba doesn't have a lot of good gms just floating around. If Cal was fired, another team would hire him asap
Old 03-08-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is no way we would give major mins to both Dre and Val. They're both raw on the offense. As of right now, Ross is better. Don't be silly. COULD Dre be better in the future? Sure.

The plan was Nash. It failed.

I would rather have Cal than half of the gms in this league. Lets face it, the nba doesn't have a lot of good gms just floating around. If Cal was fired, another team would hire him asap
Are you just this stupid by trade? And Cal is an AWFUL GM.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I am honestly not sure who is worse at their job, Dwayne Casey or Bryan Colangelo. Colangelo is awful. I had faith in him at first but he has been so bad. Trading for Amir was brilliant I will give him that. His best move was trading Hedo who would have never had to be traded if he hadn't been signed to such a terrible contract.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Deron Williams hit 9 3's in the first half.

And he hit another as I'm typing this.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
So Deron Williams hit 9 3's in the first half.

And he hit another as I'm typing this.
The record is going down. Brody will not be happy.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
The record is going down. Brody will not be happy.
He's topping Kobe, I am very happy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's topping Kobe, I am very happy.
I figured you would hate Deron more than Kobe.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Are you just this stupid by trade? And Cal is an AWFUL GM.
Ross' game, at the time of the draft, would translate to quicker success than Dre's would.(in his first year)

That's all that Cal cared about. Finding a guy who would impact the floor now, than later.

Hell, if we wanted to take a younger, raw wing. They would have taken Harkless.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Ross' game, at the time of the draft, would translate to quicker success than Dre's would.(in his first year).
Clearly it wouldn't.....

Quote:
That's all that Cal cared about. Finding a guy who would impact the floor now, than later.
Fine, but he didn't find that guy. He absolutely whiffed on the pick both from a short term and a long term perspective. He was wrong in his evaluation of Ross.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Watching Reggie Evans post up is high comedy
Old 03-08-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

From what I read Colangelo put all his eggs into the Barnes falling basket and when that didn't happen he deferred to an assistant to make the pick. It was between Ross and Austin Rivers. Drummond wasn't even considered. I am just happy we didn't choose Rivers.

I will say that given all that was invested in Bargnani I think Drummond was the obvious choice. Drummond/Bargs I actually think looks pretty nice coming off the bench.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Bargs doesn't look nice in any situation.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, Bargs is pretty much useless.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
From what I read Colangelo put all his eggs into the Barnes falling basket and when that didn't happen he deferred to an assistant to make the pick. It was between Ross and Austin Rivers. Drummond wasn't even considered. I am just happy we didn't choose Rivers.

I will say that given all that was invested in Bargnani I think Drummond was the obvious choice. Drummond/Bargs I actually think looks pretty nice coming off the bench.
Seriously? He banked on a guy that very easily could have been taken ahead of them and then when that guy wasn't there he just said **** it and left his top 10 pick to an assistant? If there is any truth to that, that is ******* pathetic. If he wanted Barnes that bad, he should have made a really hard push to move up for him because it made sense for GS to pick him.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Barnes isn't even good, nor is he close to Dre. Plus, Ross is pointless once they overpaid DeRozan and followed it up by trading for the most overpaid non Amar'e player in the NBA.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Deron should be chucking big time right now.....he does it anyway usually....
Old 03-08-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Clearly it wouldn't.....

Fine, but he didn't find that guy. He absolutely whiffed on the pick both from a short term and a long term perspective. He was wrong in his evaluation of Ross.
nice 20/20 vision......

If Ross had some sort of role, or was given minutes that are given to a guy who is loved by teh coachzzz

Last I heard was that Cal wanted lillard or Barnes.

Also on DD contract, Cal outbid himself with an RFA. Yeah...
Old 03-08-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
nice 20/20 vision......

If Ross had some sort of role, or was given minutes that are given to a guy who is loved by teh coachzzz

Last I heard was that Cal wanted lillard or Barnes.

Also on DD contract, Cal outbid himself with an RFA. Yeah...
Dude, he is the GM. It is his job to make these decisions and get them right and that is what he is judged on. "Everyone else said so" is not an excuse. It wouldn't be for me at work and it certainly shouldn't be for someone as high up in an organization as a GM. That's not how the world works.

Last edited by Rob S : 03-08-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deron has 1 of these games every year. He just lights it up.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#17....Heard Indiana wants a piece on Sunday...LETS DO THIS

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Miami Heat are in the playoffs if that matters at all....