Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Through this entire crazy season I can't believe we're there... and it doesn't even feel like we've accomplished anything. There's such a negative perception of this team and it really has had a very nice season so far.

In a normal year there would be legitimate hope. I guess it's because of the presence of the Heat and that dropoff from 1 to 2 and lack of upsets in the NBA. And their age? Inconsistency? People hate Melo and the Knicks in general I guess. They are a good basketball team.

The playoffs will start a new season for me. Anything can happen and I would personally love a run to the ECF. Even losing to the Heat wouldn't be that bad. We haven't won a playoff series in forever. Winning two, that excitement, that would be awesome even if it doesn't end with a ring.

I've slowly moved away from the WIN IT ALL OR YOUR TEAM IS WORTHLESS mentality. I just like to see good competitive sports and the Knicks, with all their flaws, are always competitive to the tune of the second best record in the East.

It's like people bashing the Chiefs for getting A. Smith instead of obvious bust G. Smith. And how they should just try on the off chance GSmith projects a millionx better in the pros (that's a whole other debate) because they KNOW A. Smith isn't going to win them a SB. Which may end up being true. Probably. But you don't know. And you don't know how exciting it's going to be in that first round - pull off an upset and all of the sudden they are one of 8 teams remaining.

I don't know. Sports can be fun for the ride, not the destination. As a fan, wtf do you do after you win the title? Take a few shots? Then what? Celebrate?
That's what I've been saying all season long. This is a good basketball team and the results prove it. Yet everyone wants to act like it's not.

We hear constantly about the Pacers and Bulls being the only competition of the Heat in the East. Uh, hello? How about the team that's been the 2 seed all season long? How about that team?

And I feel like this team underachieved, and took the foot off the gas for a long part of the season just to stay fresh for the end, and now the end is near and all of a sudden they turned the switch on again.

I think we have a very good chance. I've said all along, I think our goal should be the ECF vs the Heat. Now will we win? Probably not. But is it a foregone conclusion like everyone says it is? Absolutely not. We have a chance. A good chance. We match up with them well. They built this team to beat the Heat.

I'm enjoying the ride, having a blast, and gonna take it all in.

And if we do go far, I'm gonna take the biggest dump in this thread.

Enjoy the ride, it's the chase that makes it so enjoyable.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Nah, just sick of fighting with people on the internet, a weird year for me personally, and a crazy year for my other teams which has made me more concerned about them. My hockey team is looking at the first overall pick despite actually having a lot of young talent, the giants did giants things, the german national team **** themselves against italy again over the summer, and my favorite sports team of all are bringing up a lot of good young players and just might qualify for the top BL. I knew the knicks would make the playoffs and then it would be on, so I haven't been to concerned with watching all their games or trying to get other people to see it to.
I want a hashtag.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That's what I've been saying all season long. This is a good basketball team and the results prove it. Yet everyone wants to act like it's not.

We hear constantly about the Pacers and Bulls being the only competition of the Heat in the East. Uh, hello? How about the team that's been the 2 seed all season long? How about that team?

And I feel like this team underachieved, and took the foot off the gas for a long part of the season just to stay fresh for the end, and now the end is near and all of a sudden they turned the switch on again.

I think we have a very good chance. I've said all along, I think our goal should be the ECF vs the Heat. Now will we win? Probably not. But is it a foregone conclusion like everyone says it is? Absolutely not. We have a chance. A good chance. We match up with them well. They built this team to beat the Heat.

I'm enjoying the ride, having a blast, and gonna take it all in.

And if we do go far, I'm gonna take the biggest dump in this thread.

Enjoy the ride, it's the chase that makes it so enjoyable.
You know what kind of team is built to beat the Heat? A team with big guys who can dominate the paint, or a dominant defensive team. The Pacers are the latter, the Knicks are neither. And no one should be dumb enough to believe that the Bulls can challenge the Heat.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want a hashtag.
I'm too foreign to hashtag, but I'll totally be singing songs during the playoff games if you want in on that.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gunna laugh so hard when the Pacers fall on their faces to the Bulls in the first round of playoffs.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You know what kind of team is built to beat the Heat? A team with big guys who can dominate the paint check, or a dominant defensive team check. The Pacers are the latter, the Knicks are neither. And no one should be dumb enough to believe that the Bulls can challenge the Heat.
We're both. We have Chandler, Camby, and KMart. We have plenty of size, toughness, and length to compete with the Heat's dribble penetration.

And we have a lockdown perimeter defender in Shump. And when the Knicks want to play defense, which was the beginning of the season, the end of this season, and when the playoffs start, the Knicks are a dominant defense.

So yeah, we're all those things. We have more bigs than Indy does. Indy has 2 bigs. We have 3.

And 1 of them is a DPOY caliber defender.

And unlike Indy, we have an elite scorer.

But don't worry, when we beat the Pacers in 6 you'll come around.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We're both. We have Chandler, Camby, and KMart. We have plenty of size, toughness, and length to compete with the Heat's dribble penetration.

And we have a lockdown perimeter defender in Shump. And when the Knicks want to play defense, which was the beginning of the season, the end of this season, and when the playoffs start, the Knicks are a dominant defense.

So yeah, we're all those things. We have more bigs than Indy does. Indy has 2 bigs. We have 3.

And 1 of them is a DPOY caliber defender.

And unlike Indy, we have an elite scorer.

But don't worry, when we beat the Pacers in 6 you'll come around.

You have guys who can dominate the paint on offense, which is strictly what I meant? That's news to me. Indy is a MUCH better defensive team than the Knicks, and right now are probably the best defensive team given the rest of the league since the Pistons in 03-04.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
You have guys who can dominate the paint on offense, which is strictly what I meant? That's news to me. Indy is a MUCH better defensive team than the Knicks, and right now are probably the best defensive team given the rest of the league since the Pistons in 03-04.
Melo doesn't dominate the paint? Are you kidding me?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Like Rosebud said, I too will laugh when the Bulls beat the Pacers.

The Bulls are a better team than Indy. Indy is the Sixers of 2011. They won't do ****.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Melo doesn't dominate the paint? Are you kidding me?
You keep saying he does, but he doesn't. At all. He's completely average at the rim, and gets absolutely blown away by guys like LeBron inside. Here comes the "HURR DURR HE HAS AMAZING POST MOVES" which lead to him being so good that he shoots 54 percent at the rim (which is behind guys like Kris Humphries and Kemba Walker).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He means someone really efficient... for example one of the greatest inside scorers of this generation Rory Hibbert the third.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#BBDStrikesagain.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
He means someone really efficient... for example one of the greatest inside scorers of this generation Rory Hibbert the third.
Notice I didn't mention the Pacers ability inside the paint.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what is your prediction then. Melo isn't very good. Felton's nothing special. Chandler can't score. They can't beat the Heat? Is that it?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

They can beat any team besides the Heat, they just matchup worse than the Pacers.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

So we have no talent outside of Tyson Chandler who can't score, yet we can beat any team but the Heat.

Got it. Makes sense.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Tyson Chandler is still awesome, Jason Kidd is good, JR Smith has moments like lately where he's really good, Steve Novak is a very good shooter, the general big men on the team (K-Mart/Amar'e/Kurt Thomas) have been better than I ever expected, PP is a good off the bench PG, Melo exists, etc.

Also, do enjoy that you won't debate the "Melo is dominant in the paint" thing when you realize your argument would go nowhere.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

There really is no point in arguing Carmelo Anthony with you. It's pretty ridiculous and a circular argument.

You might be the only person on the planet who thinks he's not a top 10 player in the league. I say top 6, but for arguments sake top 10. Hell, you don't even give him top 25.

Which is laughable beyond words.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Trust me, I'm not alone in my opinion.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

1) LeBron

2) CP3
3) Durant
4) This is too hard
Old 03-29-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trust me, I'm not alone in my opinion.
I wouldn't consider Melo a top 10 player in the league either.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Ok, let's hear them then. For the top 10 talk, name me 10 better.

For those, aka Snowflake, who think he's not top 25, name me 25 better.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo is not a top10 player.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo is a volume shooter for the 1233232143954325 times.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Ok, let's hear them then. For the top 10 talk, name me 10 better.

For those, aka Snowflake, who think he's not top 25, name me 25 better.
LeBron
Durant
Paul
Howard
Harden
Wade
Kevin Love
Tony Parker
Blake Griffin
Tim Duncan
Iggy
Marc Gasol