Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They rely on Reggie for defense and rebounding, which he is excellent at. He's basically worthless in terms of scoring, but isn't that what Bropez is for? Who cares, it's not like Ben Wallace or Dennis Rodman were dynamite scorers.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's basically just saying that he gets too many minutes for someone as useless as he is offensively.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Zach Lowe is the man, and while Reggie Evans is a very useful player he's kinda right.
He's one of the best basketball writers right now, easily, but i'm starting to notice him really turning into a stat freak. Reading through his interviews, he asks a bunch of questions about percentages and spots on the floor when it's obvious that some players and coaches aren't as dependent on those numbers as he is. I like him better when he breaks down actual plays and defensive schemes.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo got a board!
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They rely on Reggie for defense and rebounding, which he is excellent at. He's basically worthless in terms of scoring, but isn't that what Bropez is for? Who cares, it's not like Ben Wallace or Dennis Rodman were dynamite scorers.
Ben Wallace and Dennis Rodman are both probably top 10 of all time as far as defense and rebounding go. Not really a fair comparison.
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But who cares, once again. David Lee is the world's worst defender, and no one is complaining about playing him so many minutes despite being a pile of **** at one end of the court. And he isn't TOTALLY useless on offense, he grabs offensive rebounds better than anyone in the sport.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both of those guys had better offensive talent surrounding them and were elite defenders.
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
His offense isn't what their dependent on, although i'm not sure that's what you're implying.

You really are screwed if you're depending on Reggie Evans, you'd be playing 4 on 5 on offense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
He's basically just saying that he gets too many minutes for someone as useless as he is offensively.
This is indeed what I was implying. Poorly worded.
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Evans is also terrific with the ole' reach around maneuver.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
But who cares, once again. David Lee is the world's worst defender, and no one is complaining about playing him so many minutes despite being a pile of **** at one end of the court. And he isn't TOTALLY useless on offense, he grabs offensive rebounds better than anyone in the sport.
Because nobody has to guard him.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
He's one of the best basketball writers right now, easily, but i'm starting to notice him really turning into a stat freak. Reading through his interviews, he asks a bunch of questions about percentages and spots on the floor when it's obvious that some players and coaches aren't as dependent on those numbers as he is. I like him better when he breaks down actual plays and defensive schemes.
I'm curious which players and coaches you are referring to?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Okay i'm lost here. Are you all saying no one has to guard David Lee on offense cause he sucks, and thus creating more opportunities for offensive rebounds? Are we talking about the same David Lee here?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
So? He's still damn good at it. Whatevs, you people can continue to underappreciate the greatness of Reggie Evans.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Okay i'm lost here. Are you all saying no one has to guard David Lee on offense cause he sucks, and thus creating more opportunities for offensive rebounds? Are we talking about the same David Lee here?
Reggie Evans crushes the offensive glass because defenders ignore him because he can't score.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Reggie Evans crushes the offensive glass because defenders ignore him because he can't score.
Right, that's what Lowe wrote. I was just confused when David Lee was brought up, for some reason i thought the conversation shifted to him. Carry on.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Carmelo - shine bright for now.....for now.....

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-02-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earl Clark <3

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk how I feel about everyone chanting "We want Phil!" but I laughed haha

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Would things be any different with Phil though seriously?

This team??

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-02-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Maybe, injuries killed the Lakers a bit but the coaching has been pretty sub-par and it wasn't until pringles changed things up a bit and realized this wasn't the suns did the Lakers show improvement.

But we'll never know.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-02-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Steve Blake went full ****** on that last possession.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-02-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I remember loving this guy coming out of GTECH.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/4/2...-murder-charge

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Cuban says he'll consider taking Brittany Griner in the draft.

http://apnews.com/ap/db_268750/conte...tguid=dlJqgk7l

Mmmmkay Mark.

Edit-I think the link is ****** but whatever I'm a trustworthy fella.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Oh Marky.....Idiot.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She's probably better than Reggie Evans.

BOOM! Suck it, Brodeur.