Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Kobe isn't a rapist. That rape case was a joke.

Kobe is a competitor. An extreme competitor. Many of the greats of all time in any sport are sociopaths bc of their extreme competitive fire. I don't hold that against him.
That's why he settled it out of court? And when Kobe does something like LeBron where he holds a TV event just for charitable purposes (BLAH BLAH EGO BLAH BLAH), give me a call.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That's why he settled it out of court? And when Kobe does something like LeBron where he holds a TV event just for charitable purposes (BLAH BLAH EGO BLAH BLAH), give me a call.

Lol, Lebron isn't half the douche that people think he is on here but let's not use the one douchey thing he's done to argue that.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Bc settling out of court is sometimes cheaper than proving your innocence genius. Not to mention the sooner it gets off of TV sets the sooner he can make his endorsements back. It was a business decision.

And I'm not even talking about the decision. Lebron is a giant douche for many reasons.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's also been linked to the steroid clinic in Miami. But yeah Lebron is such a great guy. He smiles!

Give me a ******* break.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, and the settling out if court=guilty thing is ridiculous. You learn that isn't true in an intro level law class.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
My definition of rape must be different than yours.

The woman admitted to consenting and having sex with him and then allegedly changed her mind during the act. Both parties acknowledged consensual sex which later was deemed rape when she wanted some hush money. Considering the alleged victim refused to testify in court and dropped the case it hardly qualifies as rape.

Certainly makes him an adulterous douche but not a rapist.
Actually, there's such a thing as "constant consent" which is necessary. If at anytime during sex a women says she wants to stop and you do not, it is rape.

Quote:
Bc settling out of court is sometimes cheaper than proving your innocence genius. Not to mention the sooner it gets off of TV sets the sooner he can make his endorsements back. It was a business decision.

And I'm not even talking about the decision. Lebron is a giant douche for many reasons.
Uhhh, what? Kobe is filthy rich. If he was innocent it would have been MUCH MUCH more beneficial to go to court and clear his name. Now he'll have this stigma on him forever. It leads me to believe he was absolutely wrong in this and probably didn't want details to come out if it went to trial.

Not to mention, at worst, he cheated on his fiance (bought her off with a ring) and pretended like it was nothing. He's a scum bag regardless. If people want to overlook that, fine, but I do not think when people bring it up it should be diminished as nothing.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
He's also been linked to the steroid clinic in Miami. But yeah Lebron is such a great guy. He smiles!

Give me a ******* break.
And Kobe went to Germany to get weird procedures done where no one really knows what really happened.

Chandler could be on steroids too, it's pretty useless to speculate when the NBA doesn't even seem to care.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
And Kobe went to Germany to get weird procedures done where no one really knows what really happened.

Chandler could be on steroids too, it's pretty useless to speculate when the NBA doesn't even seem to care.
That's true as well. But let's not pretend that Lebron James isn't a giant douche. Bc he is.

99% of athletes are. That's just how it is. I hate when I hear ppl say I don't root for player A bc he's a douche. Theyre all douches. Many of the "good guys" we root for are giant douches. That's just how it is in sports.

My take on athletes is this: respect the game, indifferent to your personal life. Bc none of us know these guys and were being hypocrites to assume we do. As long as you haven't been proven to murder or rape, I don't think you can assume anything about any of these guys.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

It's still weird for me seeing Kobe using social media.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's true as well. But let's not pretend that Lebron James isn't a giant douche. Bc he is.

99% of athletes are. That's just how it is. I hate when I hear ppl say I don't root for player A bc he's a douche. As if we know any of these guys personally. Many of the "good guys" we root for are giant douches. That's just how it is in sports.

My take on athletes is this: respect the game, indifferent to your personal life. Bc none of us know these guys and were being hypocrites to assume we do. As long as you haven't been proven to murder or rape, I don't think you can assume anything about any of these guys.
That's fine. I disagree personally. LeBron is 50x more likable in my eyes. I'm not saying he isn't a douche by any means, but that he's way more likable than Kobe.

And he paid to have it NOT go trial. So that does not exonerate him of guilt.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And I hope people realize how charity work is the rich man's dirty little secret.

Free expensive parties all paid for bc they're "fundraisers". Charities run by many athletes are a way to pay their boys and family and writing it all off as a tax write off. Many ppl use them as a means of laundering money.

Charities are a joke.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
That's fine. I disagree personally. LeBron is 50x more likable in my eyes. I'm not saying he isn't a douche by any means, but that he's way more likable than Kobe.

And he paid to have it NOT go trial. So that does not exonerate him of guilt.
And I already pointed out how that means nothing. He'd lose a lot more money taking it to trial.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:

99% of athletes are. That's just how it is. I hate when I hear ppl say I don't root for player A bc he's a douche. Theyre all douches. Many of the "good guys" we root for are giant douches. That's just how it is in sports.

I disagree with the 99% figure but I get your general point. I just disagree. It feels like some people hate some players as a default because it's popular and look for little meaningless things along the way to validate their belief. I choose to go the other way, because he could be a huge douche in his day to day life and that would never have any effect on my life. Fact is it's true that he's not beating women or getting in gunfights at nightclubs, so unless he makes it absolutely clear to me that he's a douche in his day to day life coughkobecough Im not gonna hate him.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hilarious people on here about Kobe. He doesn't sucker-punch other guys in the junk. He doesn't take a national TV spot in order to take his talents elsewhere. He wasn't rationalizing needing more money to feed his kids.
But he does cry like a ***** for a year about wanting to be traded and how much the organization sucks.

It's convenient how quickly Laker fans forget that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My definition of rape must be different than yours.

The woman admitted to consenting and having sex with him and then allegedly changed her mind during the act. Both parties acknowledged consensual sex which later was deemed rape when she wanted some hush money. Considering the alleged victim refused to testify in court and dropped the case it hardly qualifies as rape.

Certainly makes him an adulterous douche but not a rapist.
You people sicken me. This guy blatantly supports rape culture and not even one of you chastised him for it. Check your privileges and leave.

I legitimately feel bad for using the social justice garbage to troll.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
You people sicken me. This guy blatantly supports rape culture and not even one of you chastised him for it. Check your privileges and leave.
Cool story. That wasn't supporting rape culture.

This was a high profile athlete having consensual sex with a woman in a hotel room. After the fact she accuses rape while admitting she consented to police. Then when it comes time to go to trial and for her to take the stand she refuses and forces the DA to drop all charges.

She then turns to civil court where you do not have to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and settled out of court.

Since you took a go at my character I'll return the favor. Please read the entire conversation and try to understand the underlying points because when you single out solitary point in order to chastise others you make yourself look like an uneducated tool.

Good day sir.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

read the white text :/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Cool story. That wasn't supporting rape culture.

This was a high profile athlete having consensual sex with a woman in a hotel room. After the fact she accuses rape while admitting she consented to police. Then when it comes time to go to trial and for her to take the stand she refuses and forces the DA to drop all charges.

She then turns to civil court where you do not have to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and settled out of court.

Since you took a go at my character I'll return the favor. Please read the entire conversation and try to understand the underlying points because when you single out solitary point in order to chastise others you make yourself look like an uneducated tool.

Good day sir.
The fact misogyny like this can be allowed to stand on a public forum is absolutely disgusting. If a woman regrets sex later, it is rape. Period. If you try to blame the victim of rape for anything, you are a member of rape culture.

Please read the entire post and try to understand that people like you are why 98 percent of rapists never see a day of jail.

I wonder if you guys even read the white text.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damnit white text. I hate you Alex! :D

I still hate you.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, she almost definitely asked Kobe to stop and he kept plowing away.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Damnit white text. I hate you Alex! :D
I'm sorry, I had to do it, rape culture needs to end.

Tumblr social justice culture needs to end first.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

#KnicksIn2013
Old 04-13-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
#KnicksIn2013
reaction.gif

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Well, she almost definitely asked Kobe to stop and he kept plowing away.
That's cause back in those days Kobe was unstoppable when he got just a little penetration...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote