Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
What's so bad about it?
-Klay Thompson is on it
-Andre Drummond is at 46, when he should be considerably higher
-Tobias Harris is on it
-Jrue Holiday and Cousins are in the top 40

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Exactly. Meanwhile, LeBron is quinessentially penalized for being the runner up two times
Exactly. Jordan got bounced in the first round his first three years in the league and was swept in two of them. He didn't make the Conference Finals until his fifth year and didn't make the Finals until his seventh year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brody is just mad cause Cousins >>> Drummond.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Brody is just mad cause Cousins >>> Drummond.
Probably. But if Sacramento offered Cousins for Drummond, Detroit probably hangs up.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Exactly. Jordan got bounced in the first round his first three years in the league and was swept in two of them. He didn't make the Conference Finals until his fifth year and didn't make the Finals until his seventh year.
People act like he played from 89-98 with a 2 year break.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Probably. But if Sacramento offered Cousins for Drummond, Detroit probably hangs up.
Which would never happen, that's why he's below on the list. Cousins has shown more and has just as much if not more (more imo) potential than Drummond does.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is this list? I wanna complain!

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which would never happen, that's why he's below on the list. Cousins has shown more and has just as much if not more (more imo) potential than Drummond does.
The list is theoretical. If a team calls and asks to trade player A for player B who hangs up.

I think the Kings would take Drummond and I think the Pistons don't want to make the trade. Drummond is on a better/longer contract and I think Drummond has a higher upside.

TJ, it's just Part One for now:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-column-part-1

Old 04-18-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I know the purpose of the list.. it's basically your opinion against mine. Both equally meaningless but fun to argue. Plus you're wrong.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
-Klay Thompson is on it
-Andre Drummond is at 46, when he should be considerably higher
-Tobias Harris is on it
-Jrue Holiday and Cousins are in the top 40
Your hatred of Tobias Harris is so weird. He's been putting up numbers similar to what Melo did his first first couple of years since he got traded to Orlando.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harris has been nothing short of awesome since the trade to ORL.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever, Klay Thompson being on there is still a joke. Inefficient shooting guard who doesn't get to the line at all while being a mediocre passer/rebounder/defender? SIGN ME UP.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-18-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
I know the purpose of the list.. it's basically your opinion against mine. Both equally meaningless but fun to argue. Plus you're wrong.
It's not about the value of the player either.

It's been proven Boogie cannot be a success in Sacramento, they would get real good value in Andre Drummond. Drummond is going to be a monster PnR guy. I think he has the ability to be a MUCH better Tyson Chandler.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
It's not about the value of the player either.

It's been proven Boogie cannot be a success in Sacramento, they would get real good value in Andre Drummond. Drummond is going to be a monster PnR guy. I think he has the ability to be a MUCH better Tyson Chandler.
You know when they were talking to Shaq after his jersey retirement - they asked him about big men and what they need to do to be considered great players. He said Phil Jackson said when he got to LA that he needed to avg. 28 and 12 to be legitimate and thats what he always went for after that.

Cousins is capable of 28 and 12. I'm not sure Drummond has the ability to do that. He definitely has a better offensive game than Chandler but not refined enough like Cousins.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-18-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Your hatred of Tobias Harris is so weird. He's been putting up numbers similar to what Melo did his first first couple of years since he got traded to Orlando.
He's a 6'8 20 year combo forward that had a mini hot streak on a hideous team. Andre Drummond is a 19 year old 7 footer that is already better than Tobias Harris. I WONDER WHO I'D TAKE.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a 6'8 20 year combo forward that had a mini hot streak on a hideous team. Andre Drummond is a 19 year old 7 footer that is already better than Tobias Harris. I WONDER WHO I'D TAKE.
I didn't say anything about Drummond, you said Harris shouldn't be on there at all.

He's younger than a lot of guys who are going to be drafted this year and he's already showing flashes of being a good player. Your expectations of 20 year olds in their first major role in the NBA are ridiculous. It's not his fault the Magic are rebuilding.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last few pages of this thread have been terrible. Please go back to not talking about the Heat/LeBron ty.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I didn't say anything about Drummond, you said Harris shouldn't be on there at all.

He's younger than a lot of guys who are going to be drafted this year and he's already showing flashes of being a good player. Your expectations of 20 year olds in their first major role in the NBA are ridiculous. It's not his fault the Magic are rebuilding.
He's still largely a chucker. He reminds me of a poor mans Josh Smith.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have such a romanticized vision of MJ, you can't even get the facts right. It's funny.

But, yeah, Klay Thompson should be nowhere near the top 50. I like Tobias, but I agree with Brody that he is too high....Tobias straight up for Josh Smith/Pau/Gallo/Bynum/Millsap/Conley/Faried/Drummond is a no brainer.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Also, I was reminded of something...as much as I don't like Melo, multiply that hatred by 1 billion and you have my hatred for Karl Malone.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, I was reminded of something...as much as I don't like Melo, multiply that hatred by 1 billion and you have my hatred for Karl Malone.
Malone is one of the worst human beings to ever grace this planet. Melo is awesomesauce.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Nothing wrong with Malone. He just told you how it was and a lot of people didn't like what he had to say. He was his own dude, spoke his mind and probably the best PF to ever play until Timmy came along.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-18-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

And he liked to rape teen girls.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Nothing wrong with Malone. He just told you how it was and a lot of people didn't like what he had to say. He was his own dude, spoke his mind and probably the best PF to ever play until Timmy came along.
He impregnated a 13 year old.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Clearly you know absolutely nothing about Malone as a person.