Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks are a #6 seed in the West. If they pull off a miracle and beat Miami, they'll lose the finals in five games.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Knicks took us to 6, I'd be shocked.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
They should fire their GM since he traded Tobias Harris away for a JJ Redick rental.
Harris is a talented player but he was odd man out in their log jam at the 3/4. Hammond has done a decent job as GM.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
The Knicks are a #6 seed in the West. If they pull off a miracle and beat Miami, they'll lose the finals in five games.
Ok, explain this logic to me.

If we're good enough to beat the Heat in that hypothetical situation, why couldn't we beat whichever team came out of the West, considering that we just took the Heat out?
Old 05-01-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Houston was 24-28 against the west and 21-9 against the east. The east is brutal outside of Miami. Absolutely terrible.
This cannot be overstated. BBD is obviously delusional/drunk... he said that Melo can defend Z-Bo effectively in the last few pages. I hope for his sake he was drunk because that's just turrible.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
If that is hot, what do you call Miami's 41-2 record in last 43 games including playoffs??

Oh BBD......it's on man...IT IS ON.
I like you. I will not troll you. Bc I like you.

But #KnicksIn2013 is happening bro. It's happening.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
This cannot be overstated. BBD is obviously delusional/drunk... he said that Melo can defend Z-Bo effectively in the last few pages. I hope for his sake he was drunk because that's just turrible.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278781

The last game the Knicks played vs the Grizzlies when they got into "get ready for the playoffs" mode.

Melo guarded ZBo the whole game.

ZBo: 25 minutes. 3 points

#KnicksIn2013
Old 05-01-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brah, didn't you hear? Scal is taking off the headset and lacing them up. KNICKS CAN'T HANDLE THE WHITE MAMBA.

#whitemambain2013
Old 05-01-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I like you. I will not troll you. Bc I like you.

But #KnicksIn2013 is happening bro. It's happening.
lol I'm coming for you BBD

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You want me to make a conclusion based off a game where JR Smith scores 35. Knicks allow 50(!) points to opposition point guards while Randolph played 25 minutes and Gasol was in his first game back from an abdominal tear. Mmkay.

Using that box score can I also make the claim that Knicks would be unable to contain the dominating presence of Conley, Bayless, and Allen?

FYI - Melo ended that game -2 on 8/20 shooting.

#CharlesBarkley'sGolfSwing>MeloIn2013
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Harris is a talented player but he was odd man out in their log jam at the 3/4. Hammond has done a decent job as GM.
Hammond doesn't have an easy job, so I probably was too harsh on him. What's really going to be interesting is to see how he handles this offseason.

If Monta opts out, he'll have left the team high and dry. Should then had it been better for Hammond trade trade Ellis at the deadline? Or will Monta receive an extension? If so, how much? Max? *eeesh*

Jennings is sure to get his qualifying offer, but will Hammond deal him now before he hits FA next summer?

In the NBA the worst place to be is mediocre. 1st round playoff elimination is like the worst of the worst positions to be in. Difficult to build through the draft and most teams face cap issues. Luckily for you guys, you don't have cap issues, so that is a good handling by Hammond there. But attracting stars has typically been a tough thing for the Bucks to do unless they overpay or trade for one. It's a tough job for sure.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just really hope the nets rally, beat chicago and then win at least one game in Miami
#Betterthat12and70
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i just really hope the nets rally, beat chicago and then win at least one game in Miami
#Betterthat12and70
Hinrich might still be out so there is a chance, but do you except them to win IN Miami or just 1 game against them?

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hammond doesn't have an easy job, so I probably was too harsh on him. What's really going to be interesting is to see how he handles this offseason.

If Monta opts out, he'll have left the team high and dry. Should then had it been better for Hammond trade trade Ellis at the deadline? Or will Monta receive an extension? If so, how much? Max? *eeesh*

Jennings is sure to get his qualifying offer, but will Hammond deal him now before he hits FA next summer?

In the NBA the worst place to be is mediocre. 1st round playoff elimination is like the worst of the worst positions to be in. Difficult to build through the draft and most teams face cap issues. Luckily for you guys, you don't have cap issues, so that is a good handling by Hammond there. But attracting stars has typically been a tough thing for the Bucks to do unless they overpay or trade for one. It's a tough job for sure.
We have seen time and time again this is a superstar league. No superstars want to go to teams like Milwaukee or Minnesota, so unless they luck up and draft one it is very rare they will be successful in landing a guy. It sucks for them but with the new CBA agreement it makes it really hard for big market cities like Miami and LA to keep 3 max deals. So that may help smaller markets in sense of more parity and less super teams.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Hinrich might still be out so there is a chance, but do you except them to win IN Miami or just 1 game against them?
Scotty knows better, he meant 1 whole series.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-01-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If we're good enough to beat the Heat in that hypothetical situation, why couldn't we beat whichever team came out of the West, considering that we just took the Heat out?
His logic is Memphis is the 5 seed. Yes, I believe it is no doubt its the Knicks-Heat in the ECF, but everyone is right, the east besides the Heat and Knicks are hurt and/or dogshit. But his logic is Memphis is the 5 seed. Memphis>Knicks. Therefore, the Knicks are the 6 in the west, which I agree with.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278781

The last game the Knicks played vs the Grizzlies when they got into "get ready for the playoffs" mode.

Melo guarded ZBo the whole game.

ZBo: 25 minutes. 3 points

#KnicksIn2013
Z-Bo was in the midst of a massive, massive funk. And he beat up the Knicks earlier in the year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Because I don't believe a team can pull off a miracle in back-to-back series.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, I meant the Nets win one game in a miami series. I think we definitely CAN. We're capable of it. Especially with the Brookie monster. Him and a healthy D-Will give us a shot in every game. It depends how the cast plays, honestly. And that's not just Miami, that's every game. We should just be up 3-2, not down, and it's so frustrating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the refs call a foul after seeing the shot not go in. nba wants to elongate this series.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
the refs call a foul after seeing the shot not go in. nba wants to elongate this series.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-01-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday I found Lebron Jame's long lost father in a 1982 national geographic magazine lol

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've only seen the 4th cuz work, but Melo is playing some of the laziest defense I've ever seen right now. He is doing an AWFUL job closing out.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

If the Celtics do this, I will force myself to become a fan forever. Well, not really. But it'd be the best.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-01-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Boston isn't losing game 6 in Boston.

Let's just get that out of the way right now.

Sig by the King BK

Quote: