Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carmelo Anthony is a better and more productive player than Kevin Durant.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Since Dwight is the subject and I'm horrendously bored, I'll throw in that I have Dwight as a top 50 player of all time right now (#48), even though I'm torn on even wanting him on the Rockets next year. Orlando-Dwight was a monster. From age 21-26 he was the best defender in basketball while averaging 20 pts and 14 rebs on 60% shooting. Also a top 5 PER and Win Shares guy every year.

Shame that hes, well, him. Ugh.
Let's see the whole list.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Carmelo Anthony is a better and more productive player than Kevin Durant.
In an alternate universe, perhaps.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Iman > Butler
You have some funny jokes, I'll give you that Baller.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
You have some funny jokes, I'll give you that Baller.
Both are players that each fan base loves. They are in similar positions in the fact that both can be a core piece of championship contenders and both play their asses off on defense.

Oh and Chris is always watching.....

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 05-17-2013 at 03:21 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Both are players that each fanbase loves. They are in similar positions in the fact that both can be a core piece of championship contenders.
*non-homer moment*

No, you're right. It will be interesting to see how Iman comes back from his injury, and to see if Jimmy can take the next step next season. With Rose back, it should help Jimmy's offensive game immensely. I think we see him assume a similar role to Deng from the last couple years.

I didn't watch a lot of Shumpert last year, but I know he's going to be a really good defender. However, I feel like Jimmy has a better ability to play both SGs and SFs very tough, whereas I don't think Shump can body-up against bigger players. I could be wrong and just haven't watched enough of him, though.

*homerism back on*

EDIT: And I'll give Shump this much, he has probably the best hair in the league. I'm pretty jealous of that.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
In an alternate universe, perhaps.
In the universe where he's playing another playoff game and Durant isn't.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Butler>Shump.

But Shumpert shooting 40% from 3 this year was unexpected and is a good sign for him. The rest of his offensive game needs to catch up though.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Butler is better bc his offensive game is lightyears ahead of Shumpert right now.

I think Shump is a better defender, but only slightly. If Shump can develop his offense he can be special. Shump's problem is he's not confident in his game right now, and he doesn't demand the ball. When you're playing with Melo and JR you need to demand the ball if you want your touches.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Let's see the whole list.
50 Tracy McGrady, SG
49 Clyde Drexler, SG
48 Dwight Howard, C
47 Jason Kidd, PG
46 Gary Payton, PG
45 Dolph Schayes, PF
44 Artis Gilmore, C
43 Dominique Wilkins, SF
42 Elvin Hayes, PF
41 Kevin Durant, SF
40 Isiah Thomas, PG
39 Walt Frazier, PG
38 Dave Cowens, C
37 Willis Reed, C
36 Bill Walton, C
35 Kevin McHale, PF
34 Steve Nash, PG
33 Patrick Ewing, C
32 George Gervin, SG
31 Chris Paul, PG
30 George Mikan, C
29 Rick Barry, SF
28 Dennis Rodman, PF
27 Bob Cousy, PG
26 Scottie Pippen, SF
25 John Stockton, PG
24 John Havlicek, SF
23 Dwyane Wade, SG
22 Dirk Nowitzki, PF
21 Elgin Baylor, SF
20 Charles Barkley, PF
19 Bob Pettit, PF
18 Kevin Garnett, PF
17 Julius Erving, SF
16 Karl Malone, PF
15 David Robinson, C
14 Moses Malone, C
13 Jerry West, SG
12 Kobe Bryant, SG
11 Hakeem Olajuwon, C
10 Oscar Robertson, PG
09 Tim Duncan, PF
08 Larry Bird, SF
07 Shaquille O'Neal, C
06 LeBron James, SF
05 Bill Russell, C
04 Magic Johnson, PG
03 Wilt Chamberlain, C
02 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, C
01 Michael Jordan, SG

Walton would be top 20, no doubt, if he had a few more healthy seasons under his belt. When he was right, he was Tim Duncan, but a better passer, and maybe even a better defender. Same for T-Mac really. If we just judge his prime years, hes better than Clyde, but Clyde had so many more good seasons. So hard to rate.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Timmy in the top 10, but I'm not sure I could put him over Hakeem.

And I'm guessing this would be Kobe's response to being outside Top 10.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-17-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer Jimmy Butler as well. Looks like a younger Tony Allen.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe >>>>>> Oscar.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rating Hakeem was hard for me since I'm such a huge homer for the guy. Maybe I tried so hard not to overrate him that I underrated him, I dont know.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
50 Tracy McGrady, SG
49 Clyde Drexler, SG
48 Dwight Howard, C
47 Jason Kidd, PG
46 Gary Payton, PG
45 Dolph Schayes, PF
44 Artis Gilmore, C
43 Dominique Wilkins, SF
42 Elvin Hayes, PF
41 Kevin Durant, SF
40 Isiah Thomas, PG
39 Walt Frazier, PG
38 Dave Cowens, C
37 Willis Reed, C
36 Bill Walton, C
35 Kevin McHale, PF
34 Steve Nash, PG
33 Patrick Ewing, C
32 George Gervin, SG
31 Chris Paul, PG
30 George Mikan, C
29 Rick Barry, SF
28 Dennis Rodman, PF
27 Bob Cousy, PG
26 Scottie Pippen, SF
25 John Stockton, PG
24 John Havlicek, SF
23 Dwyane Wade, SG
22 Dirk Nowitzki, PF
21 Elgin Baylor, SF
20 Charles Barkley, PF
19 Bob Pettit, PF
18 Kevin Garnett, PF
17 Julius Erving, SF
16 Karl Malone, PF
15 David Robinson, C
14 Moses Malone, C
13 Jerry West, SG
12 Kobe Bryant, SG
11 Hakeem Olajuwon, C
10 Oscar Robertson, PG
09 Tim Duncan, PF
08 Larry Bird, SF
07 Shaquille O'Neal, C
06 LeBron James, SF
05 Bill Russell, C
04 Magic Johnson, PG
03 Wilt Chamberlain, C
02 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, C
01 Michael Jordan, SG

Walton would be top 20, no doubt, if he had a few more healthy seasons under his belt. When he was right, he was Tim Duncan, but a better passer, and maybe even a better defender. Same for T-Mac really. If we just judge his prime years, hes better than Clyde, but Clyde had so many more good seasons. So hard to rate.
Interesting. Not a whole lot of complaints tbh. Maybe Hakeem a bit higher (you're a Houston fan, c'mon). I would put him over Oscar just because the pace of play in his day did a lot to inflate his numbers. I like KG and Barkley both over Malone personally but we've already had that discussion in here.

I think both Durant and Paul end up higher eventually but having them where they are makes sense at the moment.

Kobe at #12 looks weird at first glance but it's tough to put him in front of the other guys except maybe Oscar.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I'm not sure I could look Kobe in the eye and tell him he is not top 10.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Dream Shake 4 lyfe.

I do think Hakeem tends to get underrated in general. There's just a bunch of Cs that you can group together after the top 3 or so and can be placed in a number of different orders.

Also, love the Pippen rating. Was my favorite Bull growing up and such a good player, just got his panties in a bunch when one play wasn't called for him and has (maybe had?) no idea what to do with money.
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
In the universe where he's playing another playoff game and Durant isn't.
Uhhh, that's a terrible reason considering we have a much better team right now than what Durant had. Plus he's going up against a MUCH better team.

Talk to me when Melo averages over 50% shooting once in his career. There's literally nothing Melo can do better than Durant.

Scoring = Durant
Rebounding = Durant
Passing = Durant
Defense = Durant (probably not as good as a post/on-ball defender but Melo isn't stellar either. Plus Durant is a much better shot blocker and generates steals at a higher rate)

Durant is a better shooter. Better from three. Better from the free throw line. Better at getting to the free throw line. Etc. etc.

Oh, and Durant has also actually made it to the finals...unlike Melo.

So stop being such a troll.
yo123
Legend

Goddamnit Forenci.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

DWade > Pippen

Come here you!

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-17-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at that list once again makes me so bummed King blew out his knee right as he was settling into being the NBA's scoring champion and a simply unstoppable 3.

As for Buckets v Shump, I can't argue that Buckets is more refined offensively and he is a little bigger, but Shump has the handles to do so much more than he's shown, especially if his 3 ball remains a weapon.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, seriously Forenci. That wasn't even a good attempt at a troll.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Not only is Wade not even outright a better player than Pippen, he can't even play 2nd fiddle better than Pippen.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Not only is Wade not even outright a better player than Pippen, he can't even play 2nd fiddle better than Pippen.
Maybe the 2nd fiddle needs some work, but he did win a championship as Batman. Pippen couldn't even get to the Finals as batman.

Come at me bro.

Sig by the King BK

Quote: