Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Anyone else catch when Lebron was talking to Stevenson after the game Stevenson responded to him "yes sir". Obviously couldn't hear but pretty positive that's what he said. Just thought that was an interesting display of respect.
I took something else from it.

LeBron, for all the MINDLESS **** he takes from borderline idiots, is a genuinely good person. He's got his flaws, he can be a baby, he's entitled and arrogant, but he's not amoral.

He is a mentor to guys like that and I'm sure his words were to motivate him not only to stay working on his game, but to stay on the right path because LeBron knows his history.

My favorite line is still this. For all the assholes in sports - guys who did really bad ****, LeBron his hated almost as much as ANY because of the way he handled "The Decision" - an EVENT THAT RAISED MONEY FOR CHARITY.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I took something else from it.

LeBron, for all the MINDLESS **** he takes from borderline idiots, is a genuinely good person. He's got his flaws, he can be a baby, he's entitled and arrogant, but he's not amoral.

He is a mentor to guys like that and I'm sure his words were to motivate him not only to stay working on his game, but to stay on the right path because LeBron knows his history.

My favorite line is still this. For all the assholes in sports - guys who did really bad ****, LeBron his hated almost as much as ANY because of the way he handled "The Decision" - an EVENT THAT RAISED MONEY FOR CHARITY.

Not only that, but Stevenson really seems like a young guy who wants to improve and get better, so I'm sure he was taking to heart whatever he said. I thought it was a good show of signs from him also because he runs his mouth and comes off like a hot head but that's just in the heat of the games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aside from the fouls, i don't know why these guys were resting on the bench. The rapeage occurred as soon as Vogel sat Hibbert, George and Hill. Heat never looked back. Gotta admit their defense was lights out tonight, and it helps when the opposing team doesn't have an elite scorer.

Go Spurs.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:40 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pacers just looked like a team that wasn't ready for the moment. They'll grow and learn from this, but their inexperience showed last night.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Pacers just looked like a team that wasn't ready for the moment. They'll grow and learn from this, but their inexperience showed last night.
I guess. But they are clearly flawed.

They have no true play-making PG and their Perimeter shooting is mediocre.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ew George Hill makes 8 mil a year. And Granger makes 14 next year. And Gerald Green some how makes 3.5.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-04-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I guess. But they are clearly flawed.

They have no true play-making PG and their Perimeter shooting is mediocre.
Right. But we knew that before this series, that's nothing new. The important thing is their core looks bright with George and Hibbert. You can always build around those 2.

Perhaps you move Granger for a PG. Chris Paul won't go to Indy so I wouldn't waste my time going after him.

Maybe you use Granger as trade bait to move up in this draft for a PG? There's options. You have a decent bargaining chip with Granger.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Ew George Hill makes 8 mil a year.
He's a SG in a PG's body. He won't break down the D and create open shots for his teammates very often.

He can play D and play off the ball well, but Pacers also have Stephenson and George for that.

I think PG should be a big priority in the off-season for this team.

Last edited by MaxV : 06-04-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

When is Granger's contract up?

If he has only 1 year left, then yes he could be a good trading chip, otherwise I don't know if they can move him.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Someone could bite. He doesn't have Stat's injury reputation just yet. There's a lot of bad GMs in basketball.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
He's a SG in a PG's body. He won't break down the D and create open shots for his teammates very often.

He can play D and play off the ball well, but Pacers also have Stephenson and George for that.

I think PG should be a big priority in the off-season for this team.
I really like Hill as an off guard, he's an attacker, athletic, can shoot and create his own shot. He just isn't the guy that will make that offense run. They need to get creative in terms of finding a PG but it doesn't have to be a superstar, just somebody who can run the offense and make sure the bigs get their touches.

I think Bledsoe is out there but I think he may be more of a hybrid type as well but he still runs an offense better then George Hill.

Quote:
Old 06-04-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Someone could bite. He doesn't have Stat's injury reputation just yet. There's a lot of bad GMs in basketball.
Who would you want, Danny Granger or Luol Deng?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Deng is so much better than granger.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I'm gonna go with Deng. But I'd probably choose neither bc Deng's body is getting run into the ground and Granger's already is run into the ground.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I also think Deng is a better team fit bc he doesn't need to be the alpha like Granger does.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Granger makes this a different series...
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

So does a healthy Wade. So it's a wash as far as I'm concerned.

A healthy Knicks team would have beat the Heat though. That's the unfortunate part about this. They blew it.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Deng is so much better than granger.
I only ask this question because Granger is making the same money as deng and is two years older, but people have been saying Deng would be tough to trade because of his contract.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Knicks wouldn't have won a game.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Granger hasn't shot above 43% in 4 years and plays very average defense. He isn't useless or anything, but Deng is clearly better when he isn't being raped by Thibs.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Heat have been playing down to their competition almost all season long. Even during their streak, they had a handful of close games against bad teams. Against the Bucks, most of those games were close through 2 1/2 or 3 quarters. I don't think it's fair to say that there would have been a different result had they faced a fully healthy Bulls or Pacers team.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Speaking of which, if the Heat lose (I don't expect them to, I think Heat win in 6), I don't want to hear the Dwayne Wade excuse.

Bc during their streak when everyone was slobbing their knob, Wade was injured then too. So it's not like this is some new found issue that they can't play around. They've been playing with a hobbled Wade pretty much all season anyway. Not an excuse.

Bosh just needs to tuck in his ***** and play better and they'll be fine.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I don't think so.

He would have just taken minutes away from George or Stephenson and would have taken shots away from West or Hibbert.

As bbd mentioned, Granger needs to be a star on the court.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
You must be talking about a different Granger. Somehow him getting injured has made people think he's better then what he was.

Quote: