Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You're asking for facts to rationalize something that is based purely on subjective opinion. Am i the only one that sees the obvious paradox here? People will either agree on that or they won't, there isn't anything that makes you any more right than they are.
But what is an actual rational explanation for Lebron having a greater advantage than Jordan based solely on the way their teams happened to be formed?

If we both formed our teams separately and ended up with teams with identical talent, except you drafted all of your players and I signed all mine through free agency what is the difference? Is my team somehow more likely to win than yours? Because that's what this argument implies.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
DG, Yoda and Baller, I fully expect you to turn in your fan cards immediately. Or turn in your man card.

Oh c'mon....he just showed up. No one invited him.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Monroe > Cousins
That's not even original. It's just stupid.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Oh c'mon....he just showed up. No one invited him.
Sounds like rationalizing to me.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
That's not even original. It's just stupid.
Our team doesn't have any wings either and we had more wins.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Our team doesn't have any wings either and we had more wins.
And......?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Accept superiority.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-04-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
But what is an actual rational explanation for Lebron having a greater advantage than Jordan based solely on the way their teams happened to be formed?

If we both formed our teams separately and ended up with teams with identical talent, except you drafted all of your players and I signed all mine through free agency what is the difference? Is my team somehow more likely to win than yours? Because that's what this argument implies.
I didn't wanna get sucked into this discussion because it wasn't mine to make, but there is a difference when teams have significant financial advantages over other teams. If i gave you the option of choosing between two teams, all other things constant, would you say there's a bigger advantage and/or commodity to live in a city like LA/Miami/Chicago, or Cleveland/Milwaukee/Minneapolis?

There IS a difference when you build your team strictly through free agency, because some teams are able to spend more money, thus having a better opportunity at building a supporting cast, and some destinations are just more attractive overall, so in the long run you're more likely to attract players there.

If OKC had Laker money, they'd have three top five players in the NBA right now signed to long term extensions.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all know Cousins is better than Monroe....

but putting that aside - Monroe/Drummond is nasty and I just feel like if you give Knight one more year to show what he's got (the dude can ball I swear!) and add that wing player. I kind of like the Detroit future.

Exception : If you sign OJ Mayo, I take all of this back.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 06-04-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
None of that matters in terms of debating who was the best basketball player of all time.
The best basketball player of all time must transcend beyond the game.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't wanna get sucked into this discussion because it wasn't mine to make, but there is a difference when teams have significant financial advantages over other teams. If i gave you the option of choosing between two teams, all other things constant, would you say there's a bigger advantage and/or commodity to live in a city like LA/Miami/Chicago, or Cleveland/Milwaukee/Minneapolis?

There IS a difference when you build your team strictly through free agency, because some teams are able to spend more money, thus having a better opportunity at building a supporting cast, and some destinations are just more attractive overall, so in the long run you're more likely to attract players there.

If OKC had Laker money, they'd have three top five players in the NBA right now signed to long term extensions.
That might be a fair point to an extent in a different situation, but in the Lebron/MJ context where is the location/financial advantage between Chicago and Miami? Both teams are in big markets and in locations where players historically like to play.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:

So Steph Curry isn't > Harden anymore?
Old 06-04-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh nevermind I'll leave you boys to it.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Meh nevermind I'll leave you boys to it.
Yeah sounds about right for a Rondo lover. : )

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-05-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That might be a fair point to an extent in a different situation, but in the Lebron/MJ context where is the location/financial advantage between Chicago and Miami? Both teams are in big markets and in locations where players historically like to play.
I wasn't involved in that discussion. I was just pointing out that there IS a difference between the two. Whether there is or isn't in that particular situation is really not my concern.

Quote:
So Steph Curry isn't > Harden anymore?
I was mostly embellishing. Curry is clearly superior and my #4. Harden is somewhere between 6-10.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
We all know Cousins is better than Monroe....

but putting that aside - Monroe/Drummond is nasty and I just feel like if you give Knight one more year to show what he's got (the dude can ball I swear!) and add that wing player. I kind of like the Detroit future.

Exception : If you sign OJ Mayo, I take all of this back.
Knight is dogshit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-05-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Knight is dogshit.
Fits in perfectly with the rest of the Pistons.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Fits in perfectly with the rest of the Pistons.
If you had a franchise cornerstone like Drummond, you'd understand.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-05-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need to set the mood for the finals

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah sounds about right for a Rondo lover. : )
Old 06-05-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post

Bert....it's going to happen....ring #2 is being fitted right now on the King.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-05-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bynum is a free agent? .........................
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Bynum is a free agent? .........................
Bynum also can't feel his legs.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-05-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes. The Suns will sign him, pump him full of HGH and he will dominate again.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post

No no no. THIS is how you do it.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote