Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that would be nice. NBA really kills itself as one of the most exciting professional sports with its constant TV timeouts and video reviews at the end of games.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will never understand why any sport doesn't have a replay official at this point. Though college football has it and they totally **** it up by using it 18 times a game.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...130023488.html

So possible names: Toronto Hogs (to close to the reason for the Bulls), Something with Queen City: Queen City Monarchs (I love Golden State because it's not just a city name), or Toronto Not French Canadiens.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
As soon as i saw them replaying that Lebron reaction i knew it would be gif worthy. That and Mike Miller eating shoe.
I don't know what it says about the state of the world but my initial and overriding thought when I saw that was 'that's gonna make a great gif'. Didn't think about the sport, the occasion, the moment, the person. No, the fact it would make a funny gif...

But it sure as hell DID make a great gif.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't believe in replay in basketball. It unnecessarily slows the game down, and I always felt that borderline plays should go to the scorer anyway.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't believe in replay in basketball. It unnecessarily slows the game down, and I always felt that borderline plays should go to the scorer anyway.
Agreed for traditional replay. If they get a "real-time" system that doesn't become instrusive it wouldn't bother me. That or every time they announce a replay go to commercial. It would replace TV timeouts with someone potentially useful.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a great idea to have technicals assessed for flopping. Me and my buddy were discussing it yesterday after a few Heat flops where the play just went on with one dumbass laying on the floor on his back; there absolutely needs to be a harsher penalty. Even Stern came out and admitted that 5k is peanuts and it hasn't changed much at all. I definitely think it should go the route of the defensive 3 seconds call, where a team is awarded a technical FT without it counting against the player. Having a replay official at the scorers table to assess the play and enforce it on the following dead ball would be perfect.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then Ginobli would have gotten a few T's last night as well. So meh.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Ginobili was useless last night so it wouldn't have mattered. Spurs in 4.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As soon as the NBA toughens on flopping it'll mostly disappear. Can't fault players for taking advantage it just drives me absolutely nuts to watch.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

No you can't fault players for doing it, but it does make them look like advantageous little scrubs. Not to mention that defense overall would improve if guys were more worried about helping out on defense in a way that doesn't require them falling to the ground.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like this has been the thread for the past 2 weeks...

After Heat loss:
-Lebron/Heat haters: "Heat suck because they lack blah blah, Bosh is a *****, Wade is done, Lebron didn't do blah blah, look at these pathetic floppers, diminish Lebron accomplishments"
-Lebron/Heat apologists: silent

After Heat win:
-Lebron/Heat haters: silent
-Lebron/Heat apologists: "LOL at the Lebron haters, GOAT???, diminish accomplishments of past greats, other team stands no chance"
Old 06-07-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why he's the best

Quote:
It seems like simple, armchair-level, analysis. With your team up four in the final seconds of a game, you don’t foul. Don’t attempt to aggressively contest three-pointers, and don’t fall prey to shot fakes from tricky types like Dwyane Wade. Up four with under five seconds to go, you don’t need to risk a game-tying four-point play just to act all Bruce Bowen-y on defense. Any goofball could draw this up.

Not every NBA coach would let just any goofball draw it up, though. Which is why it was incredibly cool to watch San Antonio Spurs head man Gregg Popovich let Spurs guard Tony Parker run the team’s final huddle during Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Thursday, right after TP hit the game-sealing “jumper.” Watch:

Now, letting the players commiserate amongst themselves during the initial stages of a timeout is par for the NBA’s time out course. Usually coaches confer amongst themselves while giving the players a chance to catch their breath after the whistle blows, before walking into the scrum to dole out instructions. And with Game 1’s referees at the scorer’s table attempting to determine the legality of the shot Tony Parker just hit, the Spurs had extra time to go over what felt like the obvious.

NBA coaches are the type of guys that call plays after offensive rebounds, though. And while Coach Pop has always allowed his players extra helpings of play-calling freedom, it says quite a bit about the coach and his players that he would have the security to give up control of the huddle, and that the players would work amongst themselves to get it exactly right.

Tony Parker is perhaps the best point guard in the NBA, and possibly a future NBA head coach. The situation – up four with 4.2 seconds left against a much-studied Miami Heat team – called for an obvious breakdown. Parker and partner in crime Tim Duncan broke no new ground with their analysis of the situation at hand.

Still, they had it in hand, and Coach Pop was secure enough to hand over his huddle. Parker, covered in sweat after just eluding LeBron James to hit the game-winner, is to be championed for articulating that breakdown. And Gregg Popovich is to be lauded for allowing us one of the more impressive moments of the 2013 NBA playoffs.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...154400727.html
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post

After Heat loss:
-Lebron/Heat haters: "Heat suck because they lack blah blah, Bosh is a *****, Wade is done, Lebron didn't do blah blah, look at these pathetic floppers, diminish Lebron accomplishments"

After Heat win:
-Lebron/Heat apologists: "LOL at the Lebron haters, GOAT???, diminish accomplishments of past greats, other team stands no chance"
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 06-07-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert I lol'd....but as a Heat fan I'm obligated to say...

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 06-07-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post

After Heat loss:

After Heat win:
I'm fairly sure every Heat fan posted in here since the loss. Though it's fairly hard when the posts are all really, really bad. I usually just use irc when the Heat are involved since it's the only way to have a logical conversation about them with anyone here.

I'm suprised there wasn't more conversation about LeBron's 4th quarter with the TOs and passing so much. Just BoshBoshBosh nonsense over and over.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I love ya Baller but the greatest defender of all time has spoken.

Quote:
"If LeBron was playing in the late '80s or early '90s," Rodman said, "he'd be just an average player."

"If Michael played today ... really? If he played the game today at 28 years old, he would average 40 points a game, probably more."

"I'm just sick and tired of people always comparing him and Michael Jordan. It's a whole different era, man."

Pressed by Patrick about an "average" LeBron, Rodman said: "Look at those teams [when Rodman played]. Look at the Cleveland Cavaliers. Look at Golden State when they had Chris Webber and all of those guys. If those teams then could play now, they would kick anybody's ass today. Are you kidding me?"

"If I was 28 years old guarding LeBron ... are you kidding me?" Rodman said. "If he scored on me, I would be like, OK, thanks. Guess what, though? Sooner or later, somebody's gotta win, somebody's gotta lose, and most of the time I don't lose."
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/7...average-player
Old 06-07-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I wish Rodman would shut his face.

The unfortunate part is that his defense of Jordan being the greatest is very reasonable, but saying LeBron would just be "Average" is bananas.

He should prob go pay his child support now. (Low blow but I felt it was needed)

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-07-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D Wade's flops annoys me the most, it's up there with Ginobli's flops.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

This is true

Quote:
"LeBron came into the age of the game at a perfect time. Michael came into the game when back then you could hit people, knock him down, shoot a free throw and get back up," Rodman said. "And LeBron can't do that. All they do today is (complain) about a foul. All they do is (complain)."
So is this

Quote:
"It would be no contest. The Heat has better talent than we had, but we had smarter players," Rodman said. "That's the only thing we had, smarter players. ... I would take Bosh out of his damn game easy. That's not even a problem. And how would Dwyane Wade match up with Scottie Pippen? Really? And Scottie Pippen would guard LeBron easy. And how are you going to cover those two guys (Jordan and Pippen)?"
Old 06-07-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dennis Rodman talking about anything, even basketball is irrelevant to me because I underestimated how much of an idiot he actually was when I heard some of his North Korea comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I wish Rodman would shut his face.

The unfortunate part is that his defense of Jordan being the greatest is very reasonable, but saying LeBron would just be "Average" is bananas.

He should prob go pay his child support now. (Low blow but I felt it was needed)
Pretty much. I mean, he was asked and really pressed to answer and compare Lebron to MJ, but to say Lebron would be average is ridiculous.

Also, the whole thing about it being more physical is true, but Lebron definitely has the build and skill that he could adjust his game to that. It may have been physical and I don't care if you're Bill Laimbeer waiting in the lane, good luck knocking down Lebron driving at full speed and "scaring" him from coming back. Just because he doesn't have to adjust for a physical game today doesn't mean he couldn't.

That all said, I would love to see Rodman play D on any number of players today. Bosh, Dwight, hell even Lebron if he had to. He would get inside all their heads just for the fun of it.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I lol'd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I'm fairly sure every Heat fan posted in here since the loss. Though it's fairly hard when the posts are all really, really bad. I usually just use irc when the Heat are involved since it's the only way to have a logical conversation about them with anyone here.

I'm suprised there wasn't more conversation about LeBron's 4th quarter with the TOs and passing so much. Just BoshBoshBosh nonsense over and over.
People talk about it because it was a stupid shot to take at a crucial point in the game. Lebron's turnovers came as a result of the Spurs absolutely locking down on D in the fourth, so i can't really blame him for that. Somebody else had to step up there and help, they were hounding Lebron as soon as he was in a 18ft radius of the basket.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I noticed how on that play when Parker made that absurd shot, that Pop didn't call a timeout and draw a play up or anything. Just let them go. Obviously it wasn't uhm, pretty, but it worked. More than anything, it's the faith he has in his guys and it speaks volumes about those dudes on the court.

also, on the Bosh shot, yeah, he's shooting nearly 50%...on 35 3s. He was 0-3 that game. Most of his makes have been stockpiled. And for the most part, just wide open. It's just not his game. I'm sure if you asked Pop if he'd be okay with that shot before it happened, he would be.

well, except the defensive breakdown that left him wideopen. Pop'd be maddddd at that. I mean, I understand the shot. I understand putting Bosh out there, kinda. It's now he's trying to be used as a 3 point shooting big when he's really not. PF posted the 28% for his career. Yeah, he was on fire that game against the bucks and had like 3 games with 2 threes against Indy but it's not his strength and people can't be acting like that's his bread and butter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote