Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is a pig's pu$$y pork?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Brody is just mad cause his coach is gonna be Mo Cheeks. Parker is ridiculously clutch, but i'd still take Curry over him. And Russ is a god damn boss, his two way game is insane. Until Rose can get on the court and show me he won't play scared, i can't put him on my list.
Hey, remember that time you guys kept failing to beat the Lakers and then we beat the **** out of them to win a title? Fun times.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hey, remember that time you guys kept failing to beat the Lakers and then we beat the **** out of them to win a title? Fun times.
The Lakers needed a prime Shaq, prime Kobe, Robert Horry, 7 games, Overtime and David Stern to beat my Kings.

Your coach is still gonna be Mo Cheeks, Joe Dumars will still be in charge and you will probably overpay OJ Mayo. How's it feel?
Old 06-07-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The Lakers needed a prime Shaq, prime Kobe, Robert Horry, 7 games, Overtime and David Stern, Peja Choking, and C-Webb disappearing in crucial mmoments to beat my kings

I FIFY - You're Welcome.

Edit: I rooted so hard for the Kings that series because I was completely sick of the Lakers at that point....which is probably similar to people with the Heat now.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 06-07-2013 at 08:25 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I can't find it on my phone, but something like 76% of game 1 winners end up winning it all.

Combine that with Pop's and Duncan's 4-0 record and I feel strongly enough about it that I can say its almost a lock that the Spurs win it all.
Those numbers are always so misleading. A lot of the time the team that wins game one is a clearly better team, so of course they're going to win more often than not. If the Spurs are better than the Heat, it's by a very, very slim margin.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And about the Tony Parker as the best PG in the league thing-

Why do we seem to give Chris Paul a free pass for never even making a conference finals? We never gave one to guys like McGrady or Garnett when he was with the Wolves. Why is CP3 different?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read an article once comparing D12 to CP3 and their situations and how they're pretty much the same. The big difference though is that CP3 somehow remains liked and gets a pass while D12 gets hammered.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I read an article once comparing D12 to CP3 and their situations and how they're pretty much the same. The big difference though is that CP3 somehow remains liked and gets a pass while D12 gets hammered.
It is amazing how nobody gives him **** for this. He didn't whine about it as much as Dwight, but he still pulled the "trade me, but only to these 2-3 teams" ********, which basically bends your team over. And as yo said, nobody gives him the "his team never won" argument. CP3 is very good at managing his public image though, where Dwight is pretty much the opposite.

Overall, I'd put CP3 above Parker, but if we are talking about this season, Parker has a legit argument. He was awesome during the season and has been completely dominant in the playoffs thus far.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://nba.si.com/2013/05/24/chris-p...lakers-rumors/
That's the article.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 06-08-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
And about the Tony Parker as the best PG in the league thing-

Why do we seem to give Chris Paul a free pass for never even making a conference finals? We never gave one to guys like McGrady or Garnett when he was with the Wolves. Why is CP3 different?
I think it's a fair question. I know he's been stuck in the West but you'd think the guy who's been generally regarded as the 3rd best player in basketball since Dwight's back injury would've made to the conference finals at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Overall, I'd put CP3 above Parker, but if we are talking about this season, Parker has a legit argument. He was awesome during the season and has been completely dominant in the playoffs thus far.
I feel pretty comfortable in saying that TP has been the 3rd best offensive player in basketball this year His decision making and ability to make that offense go is just amazing right now.

As for overall rankings, I'm still having a tough time determining how much defense should be factored in. I think it should be a much bigger factor than most fans and media like to think simply because a player spends half his time on the floor playing defense so it seems silly that people talk about defense like it's a bonus, not a major component of what makes a good player. At the same time, it can't be 50/50 because great offense will beat great defense. Chris Paul is nowhere near as good defensively as his 1st team all-defense would indicate but he's still better than Parker. So when you're like me and aren't exactly sure how much to weight defense, it's hard to judge who is better OVERALL right now.

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-08-2013 at 01:52 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:52 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I think it's a fair question. I know he's been stuck in the West but you'd think the guy who's been generally regarded as the 3rd best player in basketball since Dwight's back injury would've made to the conference finals at least once.

I feel pretty comfortable in saying that TP has been the 3rd best offensive player in basketball this year His decision making and ability to make that offense go is just amazing right now.
Agreed on both. As far as the CP3 winning thing goes, its not like the Clippers have no talent. Its weird how that knock on him is never brought up.

As for TP, he just seems to be in that zone where everything seems so simple and easy. When he can take it to the basket he does, when he has space he takes the jumper, when he draws attention he hits the open guy. He makes lightening quick decisions and never forces anything. It's a beautiful thing to watch.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
i know little about basketball and nothing about basketball 20 years ago, but that is just a fundamentally flawed argument.

1) there is no way of knowing lebron james wouldn't be as good back then. absolutely no way. if lebron james was playing 20 years ago he would've been brought up playing the way the game is played back then. he'd be used to the contact and would be on the same level playing field as everyone else. so why can those guys do it and lebron apparently cant? thats not something you can project. its how someone is taught to play the game and the experience they gain from playing a certain way.

2) suddenly the talent level drops off as soon as the game changes? that is so so so stupid and it makes zero sense. as long as nothing drastic happens to participation numbers, the talent level is generally going to stay about the same. the more people you have playing basketball, the more talented players there will be. did participation numbers massively drop off as soon the rules changed? that would be the only explanation for everyone after a certain point sucking at basketball.

comparing careers is fine...but saying that the most talented player in nba for the last however many years, would be anything other than the same 20 years ago, is beyond ridiculous.
I will say this about LeBron and the 80's;

-Put him in a time machine and send him back to the 80's, and he'll get bullied. By that I mean the rougher style of play will affect him and his performance will probably be on par with the likes of Magic Johnson "before" he shed his clutch-choker status in the early 80's.

-However, have him be born so that he hits his prime in the 80's, and he'd be a much stronger and destructive version of Magic, even right down to running the offense like a Point Guard. Add in his defensive talents, and Magic would probably be an afterthought.

-Rodman versus LeBron is a 'Pay-per-View' type of battle.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:27 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Old 06-08-2013, 02:29 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
People need to learn to guard Danny Green from 3. Dude can shoot.....realize it.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

solve a drunk debate, more talent Nuggets or Clippers?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:41 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll use Simmons terminology to answer that one (i'm shithoused too so forgive any poor sentence structure that may ensue); Clips have two, one dollar bills. Chris Paul and Blake are legitimate stars, despite the fact that you can argue Blake's status as one. While their team structure may create $2.20, with pennies and nickels sprinkled in (jordan, barnes, odom, etc.), the Nuggets have lots of big coins. Lawson is a silver dollar with Iggy (if he re-signs), Faried and Gallo as half dollar coins, with their role players sprinkling in the rest of the change in that equation that would probably take you somewhere along the $2.50 line.

No one wants the loose change. Two stars are worth more than four borderline ones and that's really the basics of it. While the Clips talent is very top heavy, their two guys are vastly superior to what the Nuggets have that it makes the Denver depth negligible. At least that's my $.02
Old 06-08-2013, 06:15 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Faried > Griffin

The only vastly superior player Clips have is CP3

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 06-08-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Faried > Griffin

The only vastly superior player Clips have is CP3
Faried is not better than Griffin. It isn't close. I don't even think Brody would go there.

Last edited by Rob S : 06-08-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lolbucks. Just offered Monta a 3yr./$36M extension. Dumars can't even beat that.

EDIT: Just reported that he is still going to opt out. His agents have to know something. This could be a hilariously bad contract from somewhere.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Faried is not better than Griffin. It isn't close. I don't even think Brody would go there.
Faried > Griffin.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-08-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree Blake's better but I'd argue it actually is pretty close
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I agree Blake's better but I'd argue it actually is pretty close
No it isn't. Faried is absurdly overrated on defense. Nugs would probably snap the Clippers hand off if they dangled Blake for Faried and that's taking the massive difference in pay into consideration (and ignoring making salaries work or whatever).

Last edited by Rob S : 06-08-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
No it isn't. Faried is absurdly overrated on defense. Nugs would probably snap the Clippers hand off if they dangled Blake for Faried and that's taking the massive difference in pay into consideration (and ignoring making salaries work or whatever).
They probably would because of how much better Blake is on offense, but their rebounding is really even, both are incredible rebounders. But while Faried's defense may be over-rated (i don't really think it is) he's way better on D than Blake. Blake's the more polished and better basketball player and talent, but Faried's D and equal rebounding really make it not "not even close"
Quote:
Old 06-08-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
They probably would because of how much better Blake is on offense, but their rebounding is really even, both are incredible rebounders. But while Faried's defense may be over-rated (i don't really think it is) he's way better on D than Blake. Blake's the more polished and better basketball player and talent, but Faried's D and equal rebounding really make it not "not even close"
Faried is decidedly average on defense right now. The potential is there, but the intricacies of NBA defense are flying right over his head right now. Griffin is probably equal to Faried defensively right now....Blake is maybe slightly below average with that same **** ton of potential. The frustration with Blake's defense lie in how good he could be if he applied himself. Considering the chasm separating them on offense, it isn't close.

Hell, just the fact that you say the Nugs would do the deal proves it. Look at the contracts! If it was even close, no way Denver would do it.

Now I have to take a shower. Defending Blake makes me feel dirty.

Last edited by Rob S : 06-08-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Faried does pro *** marriage commercials, so he wins this round.

RIP TheManInBlack