Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Faried does pro *** marriage commercials, so he wins this round.
Jason Collins is ***. He's still a worse basketball player than Blake Griffin.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Jason Collins is ***. He's still a worse basketball player than Blake Griffin.
To be fair they probably play the same caliber of defense.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
To be fair they probably play the same caliber of defense.
Collins is probably a better defender than Griffin is.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Collins used to be really good on D. He doesn't play enough now/I don't watch him enough to properly evaluate where he's at currently.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good point Rob. He was a very good defender back in his New Jersey days.

I was always amazed at how bad of a rebounder he was for a 7 footer.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-08-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Good point Rob. He was a very good defender back in his New Jersey days.

I was always amazed at how bad of a rebounder he was for a 7 footer.
Well, he's not as bad as Bargs.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

How awesome is Pop?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-09-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lolcats

Quote:
Even if the Bobcats can't manage to attract a big name free agent this summer, they can target expensive veterans via a trade with all of their cap flexibility. In a draft that isn't considered to be very top heavy, the Bobcats are reportedly looking to move their pick (the fourth pick) and bring in a veteran player. Could that player be Miami Heat big man Chris Bosh? The Boston Globe is reporting Bosh could be a prime candidate.

The Charlotte Bobcats are looking to make a splash this summer and are open to trading their first-round pick in a package for an All-Star-caliber player. There are rumors the Heat will be looking to deal Chris Bosh, and the Bobcats, who are under the salary cap and could accept Bosh's near-maximum deal, could be a prime candidate.
(Via HoopsHype)

I'm not really sure why the Heat would be thinking about trading Chris Bosh while they're in the middle of the NBA Finals, and once the Finals are over, they could be sitting on back-to-back championships if they find a way to beat the San Antonio Spurs four times. If that's the case, it doesn't seem likely they'd break up a core that has the potential to three-peat the following season.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...rst-round-pick
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if we lose, I don't think we'll trade Bosh.

Riley isn't afraid of the big move, but I don't see it.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th overall and Biyombo for Chris Bosh. Do it lolcats.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take the 4th overall pick over Bosh if I were Miami.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-09-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd take the 4th overall pick over Bosh if I were Miami.
Free up 20 million in cap space and get a lottery pick? Yeah jump I that ****.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I probably would too. The value of shedding Bosh's horrendous contract alone is worth it, and getting one of McLemore, Noel, Porter and Oladipo would be the cherry on top. You could find a way to substitute Bosh's production.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if im the Heat id go all upside, either bennett or len, they can sign solid players for the mle/minimum every year

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th pick? **** I'd buy his plane ticket to Charlotte.

And I would want Bennett.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 06-09-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joey Crawford will be one of the three officials Sunday in Game 2 of the NBA Finals, marking the first time that the veteran referee will call a Finals game involving the San Antonio Spurs since his controversial ejection of Tim Duncan during the 2006-07 season.

The NBA revealed its officiating crew for Game 2 on Sunday afternoon, announcing that Crawford would work the game with Ed Malloy and Ken Mauer.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Well, the Heat should cover tonight.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Why the **** would they let him ref a Spurs game? Jesus Christ.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-09-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well, the Heat should cover tonight.
Hasn't Crawford officiated the two playoffs game in which LeBron has fouled out of?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Hasn't Crawford officiated the two playoffs game in which LeBron has fouled out of?
They weren't playing the Spurs though.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Why the **** would they let him ref a Spurs game? Jesus Christ.
If the Spurs actually converted like they normally do on open outside looks this series was in danger of being 2-0 going to San Antonio. The league makes more coin from 7 games.

To be honest though he did T-up Lebron and then foul him out with a minute remaining in the game against the Pacers. I hate the guy and both teams have something to fear from him. Especially if the game is boring because he will make something happen just to get some camera time.

Crawford does have some legit hatred for the Spurs. Ejecting Duncan for laughing with teammates on the bench was hilarious though.

Last edited by Trogdor : 06-09-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'm expecting it will be the opposite of game 1 now.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Guess it just depends how the Spurs come out tonight. If they pick up the slack from the three point line, they'll still be able to keep it close, but with the Heat losing game one and Joey Crawford doing Joey Crawford things, i fully expect the Heat to win tonight.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I would expect the Heat to force more than 4 TO's as well tonite.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-09-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Guess it just depends how the Spurs come out tonight. If they pick up the slack from the three point line, they'll still be able to keep it close, but with the Heat losing game one and Joey Crawford doing Joey Crawford things, i fully expect the Heat to win tonight.

By the way make your way to the exit MetSox that one earned a double technical and the "little Joey" dance.