Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team USA is staaaaaaaaaacked

Quote:
Brian Mahoney ?@briancmahoney 8m

USA bringing the defense to the next Olympics: Thibodeau, Monty Williams joining Boeheim on Coach K's staff, per source.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Team USA is staaaaaaaaaacked
Are they going to bring in Mo Cheeks to sing the national anthem?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm late to the party, but I was camping this weekend. But that dunk? Wow.

I freaking love the way James just stood there and flexed while the play was still live. That was nice.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm just going to drop this right here...

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post

Quote from that youtube vid

"Splitter woke up and started training"

Awesome.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would have been a freaking monster jam by Splitter too. Love how LeBron just stood there mean muggin.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
That would have been a freaking monster jam by Splitter too. Love how LeBron just stood there mean muggin.
Splitter was definitely go up with force.

Not to toot my own horn, but I had a block a couple years back in a competitive league off a fully airborn shotthat I just swatted away like a volleyball spike.

The ball was fully in the air and had been for a couple feet and I flew in with a huge rejection.

That's type of rejection is the only type that I like better than full on block on a what would be a monster dunk.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Splitter was definitely go up with force.

Not to toot my own horn, but I had a block a couple years back in a competitive league off a fully airborn shotthat I just swatted away like a volleyball spike.

The ball was fully in the air and had been for a couple feet and I flew in with a huge rejection.

That's type of rejection is the only type that I like better than full on block on a what would be a monster dunk.
I hate when players do a full on swat when the ball is in the air. Grab it or tap it to your team. GET THAT BREAK GOING!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If the Heat win the title, I think it's a play that's gonna become part of NBA Finals lore with Dr. J on the baseline and Jordan switching hands in mid air among others.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
If the Heat win the title, I think it's a play that's gonna become part of NBA Finals lore with Dr. J on the baseline and Jordan switching hands in mid air among others.
It reminded me of the switching hands. Splitter should have switched hands and gotten an AND1. C'mon BIG MAN!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I just had to go watch the Dr. J baseline move again on youtube. Absolutlely love it. I'm going to drop it right here.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Speaking of NBA playoffs history, I want to understand everyone else's viewpoint.

As a Kings fan, the Robert Horry shot to win the game against the Kings is one of the top plays of the last 20 years in my memory. Is this seen as an iconic play to non-Kings/Lakers fans?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tayshaun's block was better!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just had to go watch the Dr. J baseline move again on youtube. Absolutlely love it. I'm going to drop it right here.

And on a related, well timed note, looking forward to the NBA TV documentary on Dr. J that comes out tonight. (I don't get NBATV but in the interwebz we trust.)
Old 06-10-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Speaking of NBA playoffs history, I want to understand everyone else's viewpoint.

As a Kings fan, the Robert Horry shot to win the game against the Kings is one of the top plays of the last 20 years in my memory. Is this seen as an iconic play to non-Kings/Lakers fans?
Most definately. I think I was like 17 when that shot happened, and my whole house erupted because the fam was watching the game. I loved that Kings squad and was really hoping they could win a ring with them together. During that time it was just uncanny how Horry would always hit the most clutch shots no matter the circumstances and all his rings validated that. Talk about an important piece to a championship run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Most definately. I think I was like 17 when that shot happened, and my whole house erupted because the fam was watching the game. I loved that Kings squad and was really hoping they could win a ring with them together. During that time it was just uncanny how Horry would always hit the most clutch shots no matter the circumstances and all his rings validated that. Talk about an important piece to a championship run.
Pretty much this. Although the way he ended his career hurts him a bit as the moniker "Cheap Shot Rob" is remember more so than the original "Big Shot Rob".

Horry was insanely clutch.

#2 was just insanity. Ice in the veins.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:

That play as well as the Kobe-to-Shaq alley oop vs Portland are the two signature plays of that team which is easily one of the top 3 most memorable teams of the last 20 years. Obviously Jordan game winner in 98 is the iconic moment of the last 20 years but Horry's shot is up there for sure. Trying to think of some other plays that fit that criteria...
Old 06-10-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe to Shaq dunk vs Portland is more iconic imo. Everyone remembers that play as game over for Portland and the lead into the first Laker Championship with that duo.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone notice how the Kobe dunk in the commercials is over Todd MacCulloch?

Todd. MacCulloch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Horry shot over Kobe and Shaq's lob.

Fisher's 0.4 would have been up there if it wasn't for Detroit.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maurice Cheeks??? Hahahahahahaa
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't think of a more uninspiring hire, sorry brody and wmd.

He's had two head coaching jobs, didn't make it out of the fourth year with either team, and never made it out of the first round of the playoffs.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I can't think of a more uninspiring hire, sorry brody and wmd.

He's had two head coaching jobs, didn't make it out of the fourth year with either team, and never made it out of the first round of the playoffs.
Keith Smart with the Kings a couple years ago?

Paul Westphal before him?

Reggie Theus?

Kenny Natt?

Eric Musselman?

It's about time someone else got a crappy hire.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I meant more uninspiring among their choices this year. But yes, the Kings have been a comedy of errors since Adelman.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Pretty much this. Although the way he ended his career hurts him a bit as the moniker "Cheap Shot Rob" is remember more so than the original "Big Shot Rob".

Horry was insanely clutch.

#2 was just insanity. Ice in the veins.
#2 was crazy for so many reasons. For one, it just seemed like he was a magnet for the ball, and it just seemed like fate to give him that kind of look on a tip out. He also didn't flinch at the moment, or the shot. Nothing was ever too big for him, I was in utter disbelief when he hit that shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote