Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I can't think of a more uninspiring hire, sorry brody and wmd.

He's had two head coaching jobs, didn't make it out of the fourth year with either team, and never made it out of the first round of the playoffs.
I always wonder why teams hire a Coach who is more then likely going to get fired again in a few years. I'd rather gamble on an unknown like Jason Kidd if that's the case, we know how this story is gonna end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Keith Smart with the Kings a couple years ago?

Paul Westphal before him?

Reggie Theus?

Kenny Natt?

Eric Musselman?

It's about time someone else got a crappy hire.
You guys finally got a good one in Mike Malone. Congrats.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Keith Smart with the Kings a couple years ago?

Paul Westphal before him?

Reggie Theus?

Kenny Natt?

Eric Musselman?

It's about time someone else got a crappy hire.
Uhm...

-Michael Curry
-Kuester (I seriously forgot his first name)
-Lawrence Frank
-Mo Cheeks

We have a booming frontcourt in a league with a serious lack of big man talent, and we hire Mo Cheeks?! I WANTED OBRADOVIC GODDAMMIT.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's cool. We're gonna hire J-Kidd and Larry Brown trying to be all ******* hipster-y like Brooklyn and try and make a splash and headlines and risks and **** instead of going with Brian Shaw, the obvious guy staring us in the face
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it's cool. We're gonna hire J-Kidd and Larry Brown trying to be all ******* hipster-y like Brooklyn and try and make a splash and headlines and risks and **** instead of going with Brian Shaw, the obvious guy staring us in the face
Is his name actually being linked to the Nets job?
Old 06-10-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if you've guys heard but the game 3 winner has a 92% chance of winning the series. /sarcasm

Let's also throw away the statistic for the game 1 winner, and we'll hold onto this 92% until it's tied up 2-2 and we get the game 5 statistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
#2 was crazy for so many reasons. For one, it just seemed like he was a magnet for the ball, and it just seemed like fate to give him that kind of look on a tip out. He also didn't flinch at the moment, or the shot. Nothing was ever too big for him, I was in utter disbelief when he hit that shot.
The thing about that one was as I was watching it, I saw Kobe take it to the hoop and I felt sick to my stomach. He missed it, but Shaq got the tip. Much to my surprise he missed it too. And Vlade got his hand on it to tip it out to kill the clock. But no. Horry was there for the huge 3.

Devastating.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The funniest to me are the team vs. team all-time records. I can't believe they really try to sell that **** to viewers.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing about that one was as I was watching it, I saw Kobe take it to the hoop and I felt sick to my stomach. He missed it, but Shaq got the tip. Much to my surprise he missed it too. And Vlade got his hand on it to tip it out to kill the clock. But no. Horry was there for the huge 3.

Devastating.
Probably one of my bigger pet peeves in sports - the swatting of the ball out of the paint off a shot attempt in an attempt to kill clock/more time. JUST GRAB THE DAMN BALL!

In this instance, I realize Vlade was just trying to get the ball away from Shaq but still just grab it man.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 06-10-2013 at 10:47 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't know if you've guys heard but the game 3 winner has a 92% chance of winning the series. /sarcasm

Let's also throw away the statistic for the game 1 winner, and we'll hold onto this 92% until it's tied up 2-2 and we get the game 5 statistic.
Studies show that teams that win games more often than not end up winning the series.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can we trade coaches? I'd be happy to give up Mike D for Rivers.

I believe you used to be able to do that? could be wrong.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Is his name actually being linked to the Nets job?
Yep, with Kidd so Kidd can have an uber experienced assistant while he coaches. Ugh.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep, with Kidd so Kidd can have an uber experienced assistant while he coaches. Ugh.
My sources on the inside are saying not to worry about Larry Brown

ie. Jalen Rose said on his podcast (which is the 3rd best hour of entertainment out there right now behind Mad Men and GOT and if you don't listen to it you really should get on it) said this was going to happen. Essentially he said that essentially Larry Brown is a manipulative shithead and that he has some people he's close within the Nets organization. He has those people/that person float out his name to the media as a possible candidate just to give him relevance/credibility/contract leverage/etc only for him to 'turn it down'. Who knows, maybe he will end up with the Nets but I just laughed when I saw his name connected to that job for that reason and it'd be funny if it actually did play out like that.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

well there've just been rumors he'd be assistant to show J-Kidd the coaching ropes. It's looking more and more likely that J-Kidd is going to be our coach and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. He could be hired by the end of the week, reports are saying. Not sure if want.
Quote:
Old 06-11-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

so the more I read the more I think I like it and like it. we need an experienced assistant alongside J-Kidd though. Like a former head coach.
Quote:
Old 06-11-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard the team that wins four games first usually wins the series...
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I heard the team that wins four games first usually wins the series...
60% of the time, it works everytime.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what happens to the team that loses the 1st 4 games?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
what happens to the team that loses the 1st 4 games?
I hear they usually lose the series and then Sports Center tells us that said team needs to be blown up.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
so the more I read the more I think I like it and like it. we need an experienced assistant alongside J-Kidd though. Like a former head coach.
Although the proposition of a first time coach is kinda scary (especially when Brian Shaw is out there), Kidd's pretty much regarded as one of the smartest, hardest working players throughout his whole career not to mention probably the most respected leader in the league and is said to be a guy who is a 'culture changer' wherever he goes so there's that.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Although the proposition of a first time coach is kinda scary (especially when Brian Shaw is out there), Kidd's pretty much regarded as one of the smartest, hardest working players throughout his whole career not to mention probably the most respected leader in the league and is said to be a guy who is a 'culture changer' wherever he goes so there's that.
Why is he still out there?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-11-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Everyone ready to get this on Heat train?!?

That means you too MS and the SiMS squad, R4L, and even Trog too.

Hit our 3's, come out aggressive on Def, and please let Dwades legs be alive tonite.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-11-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miss more shots!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parker is dribbling too much.

Miami needs to continue to feed Wade because it appears the knee is good so far tonight.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Miss more shots!
I just don't know if it is possible.

<3 Mike Miller

Sig by the King BK

Quote: