Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't think its close, people get way to carried away with ring count, who cares if it's 4 or 5, Duncan is just a far superior player, the ******'s career average is 20 11 3 2 1

along with being one of the better post defenders ever

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Forget the silly LeBron-Kobe debates. If the Spurs win, does that put Duncan ahead of Kobe?
but why? they'd have the same number of rings but kobe would have brought his team to two more finals.

He was runner up for the scoring title last year and 2nd runner up this year.

better head to head record.

not to mention so far in this series Duncan has been the third or fourth most important player on the team.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Timmy just as much as anyone (except when he is destroying the Heat), but I really don't think it is so clear cut for him over Kobe.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it is clear cut either, but I agree with yo. I would take Timmy over Kobe regardless of how this series ends up.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I love Timmy just as much as anyone (except when he is destroying the Heat), but I really don't think it is so clear cut for him over Kobe.
Not clear cut at all to me. I see clear arguments on both sides. They're definitely 1 and 2 from their generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
but why? they'd have the same number of rings but kobe would have brought his team to two more finals.

He was runner up for the scoring title last year and 2nd runner up this year.

better head to head record.

not to mention so far in this series Duncan has been the third or fourth most important player on the team.

Duncan was the best player on every one of his four finals teams (I know Parker won one of those finals MVP's, Duncan was still the best player on the team though), Kobe was only the best on two of his.

Kobe's defense has been living on reputation for the better part of a decade too, Duncan is still more than solid there and was elite until very recently.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In his prime, Kobe's scoring was elite and he was one of the best ever on that side of the floor. I think it's pretty even, i wouldn't mind either one.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
In his prime, Kobe's scoring was elite and he was one of the best ever on that side of the floor. I think it's pretty even, i wouldn't mind either one.
Kobe, Duncan, C-Webb, Cousins in what order?!

GO!

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 06-12-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stupid question. Greg Monroe >>>

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-12-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Stupid question. Greg Monroe >>>
I was way off.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so doc rivers is pretty much done in boston. Clippers already said if he becomes available he'd be their first priority.

Guess that would push Shaw to Boston. I think that'd be a good fit for him since there's no pressure to win right away like there would be with the clippers.

also, if that happens, I guess you can see Paul Pierce in a clippers uniform next season too.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think Brian Shaw is just the worst interviewer ever.

His interview was today and they hired a guy with zero coaching experience, like, less than an hour later.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Doc might be waiting to see if the Heat job opens up.........
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I think Doc might be waiting to see if the Heat job opens up.........

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duncan > Shaq > KG > LeBron > Dirk > Kobe for the naughts. Deal with it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duncan ruled. and rules.

and i'm just so...i don't even know what to think about the Kidd hiring. Like actually confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Hey, it's sorta kinda halfway like what the Warriors did with Mark Jackson, and that's worked so far.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Yeah I don't know if I should be happy or sad for you. I just have no ******* idea how it happened and if it was a good hire. The only way I can articulate this is like a teenage girl: like, what?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-12-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it was a good move. Jackson had A LOT of time to learn when he was in the booth, getting to pick the brains of coaches and learning how to coach from there.

Kidd hasn't. And I don't care what anyone says, just because you're a great leader, smart, etc doesn't mean you can just jump into being a coach. I think this is going to crash and burn for the Nets.

This is why the NBA has a lot of crappy teams. They do dumb things with coaching and GMs with little to no experience.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's worth a shot, it beats the hell out of retreads or George Karl.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-12-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Yeah I don't know if I should be happy or sad for you. I just have no ******* idea how it happened and if it was a good hire. The only way I can articulate this is like a teenage girl: like, what?
this is exactly how I feel.

I mean, it hurts with Shaw RIGHT there, too.

I see the upside. I sure as hell see the negatives. It's just so...i don't even know.

Typical Brooklyn fashion. Make a splash, I guess. Looking for the brand
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

You're overrating Shaw a little bit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-12-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
yes and no. the raves from him by Paul George and other pacers players are hard to ignore though.

Whatever, hopefully Kidd frees MarShon. And be ready to the Tyshawn Taylor revolution next year
Quote:
Old 06-12-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
How do you even know that? Is it that clear what each individual assistant coach is even responsible for?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
How do you even know that? Is it that clear what each individual assistant coach is even responsible for?
Because I like to say what I want to say. Either way, I don't think giving Kidd a shot is the worst idea in the world.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-12-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liberius Booker ftw

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote