Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's worth a shot, it beats the hell out of retreads or George Karl.
I actually agree with this. Kidd might have a greater downside compared to the retreads (though not by a much) but has the biggest upside of all them.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Duncan > Shaq > KG > LeBron > Dirk > Kobe for the naughts. Deal with it.
You have said some really dumb things...

...however this takes the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Duncan > Shaq > KG > LeBron > Dirk > Kobe for the naughts. Deal with it.
Lol no one has been more dominant in their prime than Shaq. No one.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm starting to think Brian Shaw is just the worst interviewer ever.

His interview was today and they hired a guy with zero coaching experience, like, less than an hour later.
This is exactly what i was thinking earlier. Teams, for the most part, are stupid, but if a guy keeps getting interviews and never gets the main gig.. there has to be a red flag. People always wondered why Mike Zimmer was always a successful DC that got a ton of interviews but never landed a job, until news started trickling out about how much of a douche he was during interviews. The Shaw situation reminded me of this earlier today.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I think Doc might be waiting to see if the Heat job opens up.........
We have a coach......and Doc wouldn't go to South Beach. My guess is he will be back in Boston or in LA with the Clips.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lakers need to can Pringles and get Doc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm starting to think Brian Shaw is just the worst interviewer ever.

His interview was today and they hired a guy with zero coaching experience, like, less than an hour later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This is exactly what i was thinking earlier. Teams, for the most part, are stupid, but if a guy keeps getting interviews and never gets the main gig.. there has to be a red flag. People always wondered why Mike Zimmer was always a successful DC that got a ton of interviews but never landed a job, until news started trickling out about how much of a douche he was during interviews. The Shaw situation reminded me of this earlier today.

We're on the exact same page here. There's gotta be more to the picture than meets the eye.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was talking with some friends about this, not saying it will happen at all, but just speculation. Doc Rivers leaves the Celtics, we (Thunder) fire Scotty Brooks, and hire Doc. I'm not the biggest fan of Scott Brooks and would think the level that Doc could take us would be even higher than what Scotty could do. Plus we lost our whole offense with Mo Cheeks going to Detroit and him hiring another one of our assistants.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Brooks blows.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Scott Brooks blows.
Indeed. Not a very good game manager and runs one of the most vanilla offenses in basketball which is more just a collection of plays rather than a system.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spo haters can gtfo though.....he's been great this year.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coaches will always get either too much hate, or too much credit. Spo did a great job of implementing an offense that best utilized the talent on his team, but i don't think he's a world beater by any stretch of the imagination. It's easy to look good when Lebron is doing Lebron things. And that's not hate, just not overly impressed with most of the head coaches in the league. Mark Jackson was being raved about so much when all he ever did was give Tom-Tom speeches.

Except Pop. Pop is amazing.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Spo haters can gtfo though.....he's been great this year.
He got destroyed in the 2011 finals by Carlisle, but what he has done the past 2 seasons is definitely beyond solid. No problems with Spo.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

He's definitely a good coach and infinitely better than the majority of the clowns with jobs. I still can't believe we had Keith Smart as long as we did... Ugh, that list NIP posted....Paul Westphal...Reggie Theus....REGGIE ******* THEUS. DUDE WAS THE COACH ON HANG TIME...... *shivers*
Old 06-13-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Coaches will always get either too much hate, or too much credit. Spo did a great job of implementing an offense that best utilized the talent on his team, but i don't think he's a world beater by any stretch of the imagination. It's easy to look good when Lebron is doing Lebron things. And that's not hate, just not overly impressed with most of the head coaches in the league. Mark Jackson was being raved about so much when all he ever did was give Tom-Tom speeches.

Except Pop. Pop is amazing.
While I don't know if he's an amazing coach who could turn any team into a winner and we don't really have any idea on how well he develops talent but I will say he has done as good if not better job at adapting his system to the players he has as well or better than any coach in the league. Not saying he invented Small Ball but Miami is the first modern era team to really commit to being a full-time small ball team and the first team to be very successful doing so. Hard to know how much of that to attribute to Spo and how much is his assistants (I don't think it's really Pat Riley because it's counter-intuitive to the way he built his teams in the past). Spo kind of has tried to be the Chip Kelly of basketball. It seems pretty odd to say but with the amount of success Miami's had doing it their own unique way and as we see more and more teams adapt that approach, one could credit him as being an 'innovator' who 'changed the game' (a bit).
Old 06-13-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
While I don't know if he's an amazing coach who could turn any team into a winner and we don't really have any idea on how well he develops talent but I will say he has done as good if not better job at adapting his system to the players he has as well or better than any coach in the league. Not saying he invented Small Ball but Miami is the first modern era team to really commit to being a full-time small ball team and the first team to be very successful doing so. Hard to know how much of that to attribute to Spo and how much is his assistants (I don't think it's really Pat Riley because it's counter-intuitive to the way he built his teams in the past). Spo kind of has tried to be the Chip Kelly of basketball. It seems pretty odd to say but with the amount of success Miami's had doing it their own unique way and as we see more and more teams adapt that approach, one could credit him as being an 'innovator' who 'changed the game' (a bit).
I agree fully, but as outsiders, we'll never really know just HOW much to credit him for that. For all we know, they could have a crack team of stat nerds that basically told him how ridiculously efficient they were during their spurts of small ball, to the point that he learned to implement it full-time. Let's not forget that they struggled a lot to begin with and Spo was openly criticized by his own players. Like in most situations, the guy in charge takes most of the heat and he takes most of the credit. Don't have a problem with that and i respect him as a coach, just difficult to gauge how good a coach he really is. At the end of the day, he has the best player in the world on his team and he once made Mike Brown coach of the year.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:54 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thibs interviewed with quite a few teams before getting the Bulls gig.

Also, Doc is not going to coach the Heat or Lakers. He may (understandably) not want to be part of a rebuild, but he's still loyal and takes those rivalries very seriously. It's also not a lock he leaves. It's certainly possible, but there's been a whole lot of speculation off of very little at this point.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 06-13-2013 at 03:11 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know a lot of of the offense has been credited to David Fizdale, I'm not sure how much the big plan he was involved in, but the players have noted in the past how much work he's done for the offense. The defense since Spo took over has always been top notch (even when Jermaine O'Neal and Michael Beasley were starters) and player development was something that he's been known for his whole career (Norris Cole and also 3 pt guys in the past, mainly Keyon Dooling, if I'm remembering correctly). The offense his first year wasn't good at all with all the new parts moving and the 3 pt shooting not being near what it's been the last 2 years, but the coaching staff as a whole has done a great job with the system in place now. The fact that someone mentioned a replacement coming in for Spo after he's gone to THREE STRAIGHT NBA FINALS is beyond ridiculous.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Kings have interviewed Chris Wallace of the Grizzlies for a 3rd time now. They have been checking out a lot of other candidates in the meantime so that tells me he's not their first choice.

My impression of Wallace's work is that it is subpar at best. What does everyone else feel?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spo will get the Joe Torre treatment in Miami; "Awesome you are winning, but hey, you have the best players, you should win."

Not to take away from what hes done, he definitely faced early animosity well and I respect that. I'd probably put him in the 7-10 range as far as coaches go. The bottom half are all terrible, so I'd consider Spo an above average coach with amazing talent.

Not the best, but much better then most. I believe thats the best way to put it
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Spo will get the Joe Torre treatment in Miami; "Awesome you are winning, but hey, you have the best players, you should win."

Not to take away from what hes done, he definitely faced early animosity well and I respect that. I'd probably put him in the 7-10 range as far as coaches go. The bottom half are all terrible, so I'd consider Spo an above average coach with amazing talent.

Not the best, but much better then most. I believe thats the best way to put it
Joe Torre ruined arms in the pen and generally was mediocre all around (not that baseball managers even matter).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Kidd ftmfw
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have we fired Maurice Cheeks yet?
Old 06-13-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joe Torre ruined arms in the pen and generally was mediocre all around (not that baseball managers even matter).
And probably handled the media better then any manager in baseball history. He was never one of the top 3 while he managed like some put him, too many faults, but he also was above average is most facets of the game.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nervous about tonight - I'm hoping LeBron comes out with the Boston game 6 mentality.

They are saying Spo might be inserting Miller into the starting lineup.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote