Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
As for hating LeBron...

Personally I find it very difficult to hate the player, his flopping is basically the only thing about his game that I don't love.

As a person/personality the list is a fair bit longer, I actually like him more now that he has embraced being a heel and run with it because to me he has always been a "douche" (for lack of a better term), his efforts to be the nice guy always seemed insincere to me, whether that is fair or not. I've never met him or anyone that has so it's purely on how I perceive him through media interaction.

The decision was pretty low, I have no problem with him going for a ring, hell I respect it and I wish more players would put the ring before money but the way he did it was spiteful and unnecessary towards a city that did nothing but support and admire him. There was no need to crush that city and be a genuine **** towards them.

The media obsession with him can also get nauseating at times, not his fault but still a part of "liking/hating" him.

I have to add, I don't hate LeBron but those elements all make me not like him as much as I could and probably should.

On top that he frustrates me a bit, most of the players that I "dislike" all have the "not as good as they should be" vibe. Probably harsh on Bron given how good he is but I dislike his refusal to add a genuine post game to his repertoire. Just like I always hated that Nash refused to just try on defense, he could have won a ring if he'd been willing to do that and I genuinely disliked that he wouldn't. Same for Dwight, before he went ***** mode and made me legitimately hate him I always disliked that he also refused to add any genuine post moves, that one hurt even more as a Magic fan though.

That said, I've liked LeBron more since he has sort of become more human and embraced that he often needs to be the bad guy.
Only part of this I really disagree with is I hate Cleveland more than I hate anything Basketball related, even the god damn heat, celtics and pacers, so him breaking Cleveland's hearts I actually like, the decision still annoys me on the whole, and I still hate that he picked Miami, but crushing Cleveland is always good in my book.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why? This is what I'll never understand. I guess it's the "cool" thing to act like you aren't impressed watching a Hall of Famer play on tv? I wish I had realized the magnitude of what I was watching when I was seeing MJ play but I didn't, all I knew at the time was he was just a really good player. I would have gotten so much more out of Bulls games if it dawned on me I was watching the greatest player to ever play the game.

So why does it bother people so much to enjoy watching history? I guess this is something I'll never understand.
This is a really good point and I suffer from it too. I remember watching the Bulls for MJ and realizing he was a really good player, but never realizing that I might never see something like that again.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, **** MJ to.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This is a really good point and I suffer from it too. I remember watching the Bulls for MJ and realizing he was a really good player, but never realizing that I might never see something like that again.
With Bulls glasses on, every game felt like watching the greatest player ever. I remember recreating some game winning shot he had against the Hawks in Mid-January for about 3 months. I am too biased on the Jordan love.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
With Bulls glasses on, every game felt like watching the greatest player ever. I remember recreating some game winning shot he had against the Hawks in Mid-January for about 3 months. I am too biased on the Jordan love.
I am the exact same way. But I'm now starting to watch LeBron with that sense that he's one of the all time greats so my disdain for him isn't going to change anything.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (5-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 06-21-2013 at 11:14 AM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone picture Lebron competing against Rodman?
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
Can anyone picture Lebron competing against Rodman?
I don't get why everybody assumed Rodman's quote was an insult against LeBron. Being an average NBA player in the 90's would have been a huge accomplishment for an early teenager.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never got the argument about certain players playing in certain eras. Great players adapt. They are the product of their environment. You are a fool to believe if Lebron wouldn't be able to compete in the Jordan, Rodman and Barkley "physical" era or even the Bird and Magic "Pure" basketball era.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just gonna add my two cents.

I love Lebron the player. I give him so much respect for what he has done and how he has developed since he was drafted. He is far and away the best player in the NBA right now.

However...

This thread is making me laugh... "humble," "professional," I don't know if one or multiple used this to describes Bron's personality. But the reason I am loathe Lebron the person is because he is extraordinarily pampered and immature. You can say that about most athletes but the media exposure Lebron gets certainly does him zero justice. Lebron needs a brand new PR team that's for sure.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Nah, **** MJ too.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron > MJ.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

poor tim duncan. he said the missed lay up over battier to tie the game will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Last edited by soybean : 06-21-2013 at 01:49 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Just gonna add my two cents.

I love Lebron the player. I give him so much respect for what he has done and how he has developed since he was drafted. He is far and away the best player in the NBA right now.

However...

This thread is making me laugh... "humble," "professional," I don't know if one or multiple used this to describes Bron's personality. But the reason I am loathe Lebron the person is because he is extraordinarily pampered and immature. You can say that about most athletes but the media exposure Lebron gets certainly does him zero justice. Lebron needs a brand new PR team that's for sure.
I disagree. Compare him to MJ, who was the biggest prick, poor sportsman, general douche bag, etc. I like LeBron. He's never come across as being a bad guy or really full of himself to me.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
poor tim duncan. he said the missed lay up over battier to tie the game will haunt him for the rest of his life.
Manu should haunt him for the rest of his life.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

The Oklahoma State Suns

Quote:
I’ve long contended that the current Suns uniforms are amongst the worst in the NBA. They’ve been wearing them since the 2000-01 season and they look exactly like something from the 2000-01 season. The orange PHX alternates are even worse, and this is coming from a fellow who claims orange as his favorite color. To put it simply, the Suns’ jerseys are boring and outdated, which is why those new-ish logos you see up there look like they might finally be a step in a new-ish direction.

The logos were leaked by an Arizona NBC affiliate, but considering you can buy t-shirts at the NBA store with the new logos on them, I’d say it’s pretty legit. And I’d also say that these new logos are fine.
http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2013/0...r-next-season/
Old 06-21-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
or really full of himself to me.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea what a douche. Getting drunk and celebrating after winning the Finals. ******* tool. Anyone else would be up in the room studying film and doing pushups

Trolls gonna troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Trolls gonna troll.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I disagree. Compare him to MJ, who was the biggest prick, poor sportsman, general douche bag, etc. I like LeBron. He's never come across as being a bad guy or really full of himself to me.
I hate comparing Lebron and MJ because it will never be a good argument, but how was Jordan a poor sportsman? A gigantic asshole, absolutely, but poor sportsman? I think you just want to add on because you hate Jordan and the Bulls from the 90s.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rachel Nichols getting Bosh'd.

And at least the Suns will be ready for Halloween..
Old 06-21-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
The internet must be desperate to bash Lebron if that's the best they can do. 7 Games? Really? That's what we're going with?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
The internet must be desperate to bash Lebron if that's the best they can do. 7 Games? Really? That's what we're going with?
Also his hairline is receding lol look at that headband omgzmgzmgzgmzg

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BACK TO BACK CHAMPS *************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bert is trying way too hard to replace bbd.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I know right? If anyone was serious they would bring up that Jordan only scored less than 20 in a finals game once out of 35. Or the fact that he averaged under 30 ppg in the playoffs once out of 13 seasons and in 10 seasons Lebron has averaged 30 ppg in 10 playoffs seasons once.

People just don't even try to troll anymore...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote