Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

messing around;

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I miss the NBA already, dammit. We are fast approaching the worst sports time of the year.
Not to mention Thrones is done and Mad Men will be by tomorrow night. Maaaan now we gotta figure out something to do with our lives n' sh*t.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe you assholes should watch baseball. And well done Communist.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
This thread is making me laugh... "humble," "professional," I don't know if one or multiple used this to describes Bron's personality. But the reason I am loathe Lebron the person is because he is extraordinarily pampered and immature. You can say that about most athletes but the media exposure Lebron gets certainly does him zero justice. Lebron needs a brand new PR team that's for sure.

Again, maybe we have a different definition of immature but for me when the buzzer sounds and I see guys with straight faces walking over to the opposing coach and players to give them their full respect before even trying to enjoy 1 minute of celebration says a lot. But that's still not enough. If the buzzer went off and he went to go dance to bring attention to himself, or stand on the scorers table beating his chest, people would call that immature and say "That's why I hate Lebron".

But instead he humbly walks over to Pop and Kawhai and gives his respect, same thing he did in the Pacers series, but somehow he's still immature to people. As for the pampered part, anytime your HS games are televised and your on the cover of sports illustrated before 18, you should expect a certain type of personality. Not everyone is gonna be Tim Duncan, Barry Sanders or Kawhai Leonard as their personality.

I don't know how many championship celebrations you've seen, but it's saying something when that is the very first thing a player does upon winning. There was no celebration with teammates, jumping around, or more or less cracking a smile until he paid respect to those guys. Last I checked that doesn't sound like immaturity to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Woj was just on a Boston radio talkshow talking about the Clips/Celts deal with Doc/KG

Basically he said that CP3 exerted pressure for the Clips to get Doc, but that the very real impression now is that this was done to create an illusion for CP3 that Clips wanted to get it done. In reality, Sterling likely isn't interested in paying Doc's $7mm/yr. contract, so instead they started leaking about how the Celtics were being unreasonable and that the league was an unavoidable obstacle to make it look like they tried.

Woj described the situation as "the most Clippers thing ever".

So if you ever had a doubt that the Clippers franchise had changed...

Last edited by pierce2walker : 06-22-2013 at 02:23 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I'd rather enjoy watching an all time great in his prime rather than be so negative about it. People act like he went to a team that bought championships when really he had to work his ass off to win these past two years. He just fought and won an incredibly great 7 series game and people still have things to complain about. The decision was a stupid event but I don't blame him to ditching a team that was never going to put enough of a team around him. He is a little pampered but he also is the biggest star in US sports. He surprisingly isn't a dick. He just went to 3 finals in a row and won 2 people still act like it isn't enough.

For him to even be in some level of a conversation with Jordan is amazing. We weren't supposed to get another player like that for a long while. Its a ******* delight that we get another transcendent talented player to marvel at. He has everything and is still working hard to develop his game. We have an NBA legend in his prime and people want to complain or only compare him to the full career of the best player ever.
Sort of agree with you here. The guy has done everything asked of him the last few years and should get credit for that.

As for comparing him to Jordan there are probably a good half dozen he needs to be compared to before he gets to that top level.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god I wish the Nets had a cool history so I could have a cool sig like that.

Oh man, maybe a Kidd NJ to Brooklyn sig would be something sweet. I have to start being in love with J-Kidd again

but god do i ******* love Dr. J.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
god I wish the Nets had a cool history so I could have a cool sig like that.

Oh man, maybe a Kidd NJ to Brooklyn sig would be something sweet. I have to start being in love with J-Kidd again

but god do i ******* love Dr. J.
NJ sig with Dr.J, J-Kidd, J-Collins, J-Hump, and Jay-Z,.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nevermind sorted it out myself.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
NJ sig with Dr.J, J-Kidd, J-Collins, J-Hump, and Jay-Z,.
needs some sean williams

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OH MY GOD I MISS SEAN WILLIAMS SO MUCH

I don't understand why he didn't make it in the league. could rebound, block shots, sexy goatee. ugh.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't understand why he didn't make it in the league. could rebound, block shots, sexy goatee. ugh.
He was a no good piece of crap.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
He was a no good piece of crap.
Have fun with Shabazz, jerk
Quote:
Old 06-22-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

-Average at best rebounder for his position
-Turned the ball over way too much
-Was a pitiful offensive player

He could block shots, but not much else.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-22-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
-Average at best rebounder for his position
-Turned the ball over way too much
-Was a pitiful offensive player

He could block shots, but not much else.
Mikki Moore hands.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Have fun with Shabazz, jerk
That's a low blow. Never wish Shabbazz on an NBA fan!!

Man card revoked.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

comahan inspired me to make some NBA classic sigs.

Should I go with my current Red Auerbach sig or this Red + Russell sig?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Red+Russell one

Old 06-22-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both are sweet, but personally, I like the one you have with just Red.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Both are sweet, but personally, I like the one you have with just Red.
Me too. Still hard to believe they used to let Red light up at the Garden. Surprised the place didn't burn to the ground.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Demarcus Cousins wants a max extension this summer or he may demand a mid season trade.

Fine. Whatever. Get picks and young players for Cousins. Send him to Houston for Parsons, Terrans Jones and a first.

Send Evans and Jimmer to LAC for Bledsoe and a pick.

Trash the roster. Suck for Ender.

Oldie but a goodie.

Last edited by nobodyinparticular : 06-22-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Demarcus Cousins wants a max extension this summer or he may demand a mid season trade.

Fine. Whatever. Get picks and young players for Cousins. Send him to Houston for Parsons, Terrans Jones and a first.

Send Evans and Jimmer to LAC for Bledsoe and a pick.

Trash the roster. Suck for Ender.
You really think that Houston, a team run by a guy obsessed with analytics, would trade for Cousins? Really?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-22-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

ewwwwwwwwwww.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A desperate cuban that may miss out on cp3 and dwight would do a sign and trade for cousins. Also drafting michael carter williams. I wouldn't mind actually because hes better than any center we have now anyways, Carlise will show the way.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My heart goes where Boogie goes. Will always love my Kings though. Anyway, i doubt they trade him, and i doubt he's gonna push for a max extension. Get him his money, he deserves it, he's improved every year and he still hasn't reached half his potential. Malone, D'Alessandro and Vivek all love Cousins, they aren't gonna Geoff Petrie him for a bunch of trash.