Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Bulls aren't better than the Heat, and KG/Pierce won't just randomly come.
Meh, Pierce is from compton and a free agent. The Clippers need someone to fill that position. I don't know why Boston wouldn't take Deandre for KG, unless they can get a better deal but a 37 year old on a team that is trying to rebuild seems kind of worthless.

In terms of the bulls, early odds have bulls the 3rd most likely to win the ship (1st Heat, 2nd OKC) Link

With Wade's health, and the difficulty of making to the finals 4 times in a row, I don't think there's a good chance, bulls make it. (Lebron could obviously debunk the whole thing by going Ham again and improving even more)

I guess depends on the moves Riley makes this off season.

Expect Bledsoe and Butler for Afflalo soon.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Meh, Pierce is from compton and a free agent. The Clippers need someone to fill that position. I don't know why Boston wouldn't take Deandre for KG, unless they can get a better deal but a 37 year old on a team that is trying to rebuild seems kind of worthless.
Pierce is not a free agent unless Boston buys him out.

It's possible the league could block a KG deal to the Clips because it could possibly be considered contingent on the Doc deal. I think the league is being a bit inconsistent by taking this firm stance, but they do have the grounds to make such a ruling.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Pierce is not a free agent unless Boston buys him out.
oh yeah, that's what it was. Hmm guess they'll probably take that cavs deal then unless they respect pierce's wishes enough to buy him out.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh yeah, that's what it was. Hmm guess they'll probably take that cavs deal then unless they respect pierce's wishes enough to buy him out.
I'd love that Cavs deal, but I'm not sure if it has any validity.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard that Doc only agreed with a guarantee from CP3 that he'd stay. He can obviously renege on his commitment but doubt he will. If KG and pierce come, I would think the Clips have as good of a shot as anyone to make the finals next year.
Well then the league clearly should not allow the Clippers to sign Paul, as the deal would be contingent on Doc going to LA. It's only fair...
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the C's don't get hosed on not being able to make the KG trade.

Rondo, Jordan, and Green would be a solid base to build around for a running defensive team. Absolutely have to get rid of the Jason Terry contract. Probably the Brandon Bass one, too.

There's no way Pierce accepts a trade to any team that isn't right in the mix of title contention. So anything involving Cleveland is just...he'd retire. San Antonio has the cap space to make a deal if Duncan wants to make one last run. Wondering also if OKC can make the cap room necessary.

Last edited by nepg : 06-23-2013 at 10:07 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul, Pierce, Butler, KG, Griffin is ridiculous, though
Old 06-23-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over/Under on games together before KG chewing out Griffin for his pathetic rebounding and defensive efforts? Or does he just punch him in training?

The idea of KG showing Griffin what he needs to do is equal parts awesome and scary.

I could live with Afflalo for Bledsoe, means we are more likely to draft McLemore, which I like.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Over/Under on games together before KG chewing out Griffin for his pathetic rebounding and defensive efforts? Or does he just punch him in training?

The idea of KG showing Griffin what he needs to do is equal parts awesome and scary.

I could live with Afflalo for Bledsoe, means we are more likely to draft McLemore, which I like.
Griffin's rebounding dipped this year but he was averaging 10.9 a couple seasons ago and 12.1 a year before that. I think Deandre being there was responsible for his dip this past year.

Defense needs work, he's really undersized, though.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Griffin's rebounding dipped this year but he was averaging 10.9 a couple seasons ago and 12.1 a year before that. I think Deandre being there was responsible for his dip this past year.

Defense needs work, he's really undersized, though.
DeAndre's rebounds actually dropped by 1 per game this year and he averaged the same amount of rebounds this year as he did in the year Blake had 12 per game so it really has nothing to do with Jordan.

And since when is Blake really undersized?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
He's got good size, is very strong and has freakish athleticism, I don't understand how that's not at least translating into rebounds and on ball defense. There's guys who can't play much defense and won't contest many shots but because of that they are in a better position to get rebounds (Love) and there are guys who contest a lot of shots but because of that it makes it tougher to be in position to get rebounds (Hibbert). Somehow Blake is struggling to accomplish either.

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-23-2013 at 10:57 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blake should be good to very good on defense. Either KG is going to start getting it out of him or it will get ugly.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I mean...look what KG did for Perkins. He gets the most out of his teammates. Which really speaks to how ****** he had things in Minnesota.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I'm not even sure the league will allow a KG to the Clips deal. We will see though.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
DeAndre's rebounds actually dropped by 1 per game this year and he averaged the same amount of rebounds this year as he did in the year Blake had 12 per game so it really has nothing to do with Jordan.
i know it's not a big difference but he averaged four less minutes a game this year.

Still him not being a good rebounder is a myth. he has it in him to rebound.

And I know Griffin is listed at 6'10 but I think he's closer to 6'9
Old 06-23-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brody, when will you be cutting your CM Punk promo?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Brody, when will you be cutting your CM Punk promo?
Draft night.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers to Clips for a 2015 1st rounder... huh?

That's all they got?
Old 06-24-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They saved themselves 21M in salary for a coach that knew that team was toast and gave up. It's time to nuke the Celtics and getting an unprotected first from the Clippers, who are always prone to doing Clipper-y things, is pretty a pretty good prize for them doing you the favor of reducing overhead costs.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
They saved themselves 21M in salary for a coach that knew that team was toast and gave up. It's time to nuke the Celtics and getting an unprotected first from the Clippers, who are always prone to doing Clipper-y things, is pretty a pretty good prize for them doing you the favor of reducing overhead costs.
yeah, this.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just spitballing (this will never happen)

Tyreke and #7 for Rondo. Do you do it?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...lol no

pass that ****

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would do that in a second for Rondo.

Then again, I'm not a big Tyreke fan either.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Just spitballing (this will never happen)

Tyreke and #7 for Rondo. Do you do it?
I'd personally drive Tyreke to the airport. Rondo is a top five PG and a top 10-15 player in the NBA.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd personally drive Tyreke to the airport. Rondo is a top five PG and a top 10-15 player in the NBA.
Okay. Cousins + #7 for Rondo.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...no **** the Kings would do that, do Kings fans actually think Reke still has value?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote