Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
All the cool kids are tanking next year. Seriously though tanking next year is the smart play for many teams.
Apparently not the Kings. They are going to win just enough games that they get 7-10 next year.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
They could, but I don't think he matches the impact of the other jerseys. If you retire KG then you are close to retiring Ray's number. But it seems Boston fans in general got sucked in by the KG experience.
The whole thing became meaningless the day they retired Cedric Maxwell's number because he was mad Ricky Davis was wearing it. They need to take that one the **** down.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be mad if Ricky Davis was wearing my number too
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Allen coming back to win another ring.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's ecstatic.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll tell you this Scotty, regardless of talent, fit, or age, you will love Pierce and Garnett for the time they are around. These guys epitomize veteran confidence and swagger. They will get up for big games. They will do great things for the locker room, work ethic, and team culture. These guys are truly old school.

The age thing is definitely difficult though and can be frustrating at times. They will be best if you can limit them to a 20-30 minute role. They can't play in long spurts of games, especially KG, which can make rotations a bit more difficult. They need games off. Small injuries last weeks. You hold your breath when they go down.

But as I said, their impact will be just as big off the floor as it is on it. I have monstrous respect for these guys and it was an honor to get to watch them put on a green uniform.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gonna be awfully hard to root for Doc and KG moving forward. Any other coach would be getting crucified doing what Doc has and going about it in kind of a facetious way in order to save face. Abandoning a team he was unwilling to go through adversity with (he wasn't very effective at elevating lesser teams in the pre-KG/Ray era) and leaking a year and a half old story about some alleged almost-fight with Rondo in an attempt to get people on his side. Somehow he's getting a pass for all this because he's been so media-friendly over the years and he's built up enough equity with the media that no one (sans BS) is blasting him for being selfish and misleading. This whole situation and the way he's handled it makes him come seem very image-sensitive which makes him come across contrived, to me at least.

And Scumbag KG....goes went out of his way to treat Ray like sh*t for choosing to leave to join a contender. Chooses to leave his team for a contender the next year.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
And Scumbag KG....goes went out of his way to treat Ray like sh*t for choosing to leave to join a contender. Chooses to leave his team for a contender the next year.
Yeah, um, those scenarios are not even REMOTELY similar.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problem with KG leaving and nobody should. The Ray situation is completely different. We wanted to resign Ray and he decided to sign with out biggest rival, the team that had just knocked us out of the playoffs in 2 straight years, for less money. I think if Ray had chosen to move on elsewhere KG and the rest of the players would have had no issue with it. But the fact that it was to Miami was what really rubbed people the wrong way.

KG is being traded. Management approached him and said, "hey we have this deal in place, will you okay it?". Him saying "okay" benefits the franchise because we can get some return for him. He never demanded out. He didn't bail on the franchise. We wanted to trade him and he simply said yes.

Doc is a bit of a different story. I understand why people are upset with him. When he signed his 5 year deal, surely he knew a rebuild would be coming soon and he decided to force his way out. For some reason, I'm not that mad about it (I moved on quickly), but I do understand why others are quite irritated about it.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I'll tell you this Scotty, regardless of talent, fit, or age, you will love Pierce and Garnett for the time they are around. These guys epitomize veteran confidence and swagger. They will get up for big games. They will do great things for the locker room, work ethic, and team culture. These guys are truly old school.

The age thing is definitely difficult though and can be frustrating at times. They will be best if you can limit them to a 20-30 minute role. They can't play in long spurts of games, especially KG, which can make rotations a bit more difficult. They need games off. Small injuries last weeks. You hold your breath when they go down.

But as I said, their impact will be just as big off the floor as it is on it. I have monstrous respect for these guys and it was an honor to get to watch them put on a green uniform.
I like you as a person a lot. Like a lot a lot.

I also know barely anyone read my massive write up. That's the last time I ever try and do smart people things and real write ups ever again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's gonna be awfully hard to root for Doc and KG moving forward. Any other coach would be getting crucified doing what Doc has and going about it in kind of a facetious way in order to save face. Abandoning a team he was unwilling to go through adversity with (he wasn't very effective at elevating lesser teams in the pre-KG/Ray era) and leaking a year and a half old story about some alleged almost-fight with Rondo in an attempt to get people on his side. Somehow he's getting a pass for all this because he's been so media-friendly over the years and he's built up enough equity with the media that no one (sans BS) is blasting him for being selfish and misleading. This whole situation and the way he's handled it makes him come seem very image-sensitive which makes him come across contrived, to me at least.

Except KG was traded and Ray left as a FA.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KG did not choose to leave. Neither did Pierce. They both would have gladly stayed in Boston for one more go with Rondo, Green, Bradley, et al. That New Jersey team isn't much better than what they would have had in Boston had they been kept.

Ray, to me, has always been kind of a self-absorbed piece of ****. But I looked past it with the C's because he can shoot.

But, yeah, Doc is a scumbag and gets away with being a scumbag because the media likes him.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nets>>>>>>>>Boston. In theory anyway. Deron/JJ/Pierce/KG/Bropez is an awesome starting 5.

It's kinda like the Karl Malone Lakers though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

meh. Deron, JJ, Pierce and Bropez all need shots; a lot of shots. I don't see it ending well. They will get wayyy better on defense though.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Were you people somehow unaware that KG had a no-trade clause? You do realize how that works, right? There is no trade unless he decides he wants to leave his team and decides he'd rather play for the specific team he is being traded to. He could've comeback if he wanted to but decided to leave for greener pastures, just like Ray did.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Were you people somehow unaware that KG had a no-trade clause? You do realize how that works, right? There is no trade unless he decides he wants to leave his team and decides he'd rather play for the specific team he is being traded to. He could've comeback if he wanted to but decided to leave for greener pastures, just like Ray did.
He didn't turn down more money. He didn't leave to the team that knocked them out of playoffs 2 years running. He didn't leave the team worse off by leaving; they were clearly wanting to rebuild.

Don't get me wrong, I am fine with what Ray did, but don't pretend like these situations are even close.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference between Ray and Doc/KG & PP is the fact that he was mad that he got benched and made a 6th man. Only to turn around and join The Celtics rivals to be a 6th man for less money.

That is pretty much why Allen will always be the most hated of the 4.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
He didn't turn down more money. He didn't leave to the team that knocked them out of playoffs 2 years running. He didn't leave the team worse off by leaving; they were clearly wanting to rebuild.

Don't get me wrong, I am fine with what Ray did, but don't pretend like these situations are even close.
They are close. Just because Ray had foresight doesn't make KG's cuntyness towards him this past season less hypocritical.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
KG did not choose to leave. Neither did Pierce. They both would have gladly stayed in Boston for one more go with Rondo, Green, Bradley, et al. That New Jersey team isn't much better than what they would have had in Boston had they been kept.

Ray, to me, has always been kind of a self-absorbed piece of ****. But I looked past it with the C's because he can shoot.

But, yeah, Doc is a scumbag and gets away with being a scumbag because the media likes him.
One of the dumbest things I've ever read in ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
meh. Deron, JJ, Pierce and Bropez all need shots; a lot of shots. I don't see it ending well. They will get wayyy better on defense though.
Bropez doesn't need his shots ego wise. It's a shame because he's our best player. I really feel they'll all mesh on offense, I don't see egos getting in the way much, really. But we'll see. Definitely a potential concern
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

What everyone else said. Not even close to comparable situations.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't bother listening to nepg for anything even remotely intelligent. KG has a no trade clause, so he CHOSE to leave the team.

Also, he thinks Ray is self-absorbed and KG isn't? Hahahaha.

KG is incredibly into himself.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

How do people think this is the same?

The team wanted to keep Ray. He chose to sign with their biggest rival and competition for less money. This hurts the team trying to make one last push and helps their biggest competitor.

The team wanted to trade KG because the team wants to rebuild. KG simply said it was ok. He didn't demand to be traded. Him saying yes helps the team collect assets in their rebuild. Him saying no hurts the team more than it helps.

Not even close.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Yeah, um, those scenarios are not even REMOTELY similar.
They're virtually identical.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

So is it cool for Rondo to shun KG when his medicore team plays the blossoming Nets?

Then again, no one else on the Celtics really openly expressed resent towards Ray and they seemed understand that this is a business. Maybe KG was just being a c*nt because he is a c*nt but we already knew that so maybe all that narrative justification doesn't really matter.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
How do people think this is the same?

The team wanted to keep Ray. He chose to sign with their biggest rival and competition for less money. This hurts the team trying to make one last push and helps their biggest competitor.

The team wanted to trade KG because the team wants to rebuild. KG simply said it was ok. He didn't demand to be traded. Him saying yes helps the team collect assets in their rebuild. Him saying no hurts the team more than it helps.

Not even close.
You're talking to a lot of the same group that thinks KG leaving MN is the same as James leaving Cleveland.