Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
The problem is giving up picks and the fact that we clearly are looking to play Bargs big minutes, which is awful. Giving one of the worst players in the league the ability to be terrible for 30 mpg is really awful.
Yep. No need to give those picks up. I mean, sure, we'll probably not be in the lottery, but you never know. And first round picks are very worthwhile. Most people like to pretend like mid/late first round picks don't matter but they do. That's how you can get cheap and REALLY good roleplayers under contract for a while.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gonna suck to see Tyreke go if we do refuse to match, but something tells me we just might do it. D'Alessandro might finally strap up and do what Petrie never could/wanted to and that's amnesty Salmons and get rid of some of the dead weight on the team. With McLemore, we can now look to move Thornton and give more PT to Tyreke at the 3 spot. Fingers crossed we are done making stupid moves.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The problem is giving up picks and the fact that we clearly are looking to play Bargs big minutes, which is awful. Giving one of the worst players in the league the ability to be terrible for 30 mpg is really awful.
I don't like that we gave up a draft pick. It's a high draft pick though so it's not the end of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
you also don't play those guys 20+ mpg. bargnani will bring his suck all over the court for more than you can handle
Who says we have to play him that many minutes? If he sucks he won't play as much. I look at this as bench scoring. We have no scorers on our team and we're about to lose Copeland and JR. We needed a bench scorer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Camby is not that far off from being a very useful player, and it's not Novak's fault that he got no PT in the playoffs.
Camby is ancient. His footspeed is completely shot. I wanted to believe in the guy, but he's just done. Age is age, he couldn't even see the court when Chandler and Martin went down. That's how useless he is now.

And Novak didn't see any playing time bc he can't play defense, and in the playoffs when ppl actually play defense his spot up shooting is useless. Every time he saw the court in the playoffs he was completely useless for the past 2 seasons. He's nothing more than a regular season floor spacer who will get you some corner 3s. At his price, that's not worth it.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bargs can't play defense either..
Old 07-01-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Another point I will bring up is Andrea Bargnani's rebounding issues. Bargnani was recently interviewed by an Italian television station and was asked about his rebounding woes. Guess what he said.
"I play basketball, not rebound-ball."
How can you not love this man?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

DAMN IT BRODEUR! You will make me cry.

Seriously, I can't see why anyone would like this deal. You're giving up players and picks to, AT BEST, stay the same. Possibly get worse. In what universe is that a good thing?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a scorer and we need scoring. We can't expect Melo to score 40 a night, our only 2nd scoring option was JR and he's gonna be gone. We needed some points off the bench.

He gives us that. I don't see the problem with it. Grunfeld is a good GM, he knows what he's doing.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're paying him 23 million over the next two years. That's not smart.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

He's worse at scoring than Steve Novak. And he's paid infinitely more. I just can't see how you like this or approve of this in anyway.

But, also, love to see you back posting here BBD! I missed it in some strange ways.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no defending a Bargs trade. He's horrible. 1st round picks are increasingly valuable under the new CBA. If you hit on a draft pick you have him locked up for super cheap long term.

Reke for $11M per is also bad.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'd rather have Reke at 11m than Iguodala at 13+. Apparently we are meeting with Iggy as well. As much as i like him and his talents, i just don't think he has any place here. Of course we could use his athleticism and defensive ability but this isn't the place to give him his last big contract. I do have growing fear he will deteriorate soon.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iggy definitely makes me nervous.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm afraid he'll very soon turn into Tony Allen (all defense, no offense), and that is absolutely not worth the money he will probably get. Also, i never noticed how truly awful his shooting splits are. 45/31/57 last year.. barf.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iggy on a big contract would scare me as well. Never was a #1 scoring option, relies heavily on his athleticism, will be 30 next year. I like Iggy, but I feel like the last 2 or so years of his contract could be ugly.

Apparently the Celtics are likely to sign Italian Gigi Datome. Boston: where tanking means accumulating long haired white dudes.

But seriously from what I've seen/heard he seems like a decent guy to have around down the road if we can get him for cheap.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm afraid he'll very soon turn into Tony Allen (all defense, no offense), and that is absolutely not worth the money he will probably get. Also, i never noticed how truly awful his shooting splits are. 45/31/57 last year.. barf.
He is an always will be a great passer. But, I just worry with him the same way I do with all athletic wings that can't shoot. Once they fall off, the decline is rapid and harsh. See: Wallace, Gerald.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
He is an always will be a great passer. But, I just worry with him the same way I do with all athletic wings that can't shoot. Once they fall off, the decline is rapid and harsh. See: Wallace, Gerald.
That's great and all, and i love the guy (good passing and elite defense is always something you want), but the amount of money he's gonna command will be way too much for what he's gonna contribute in the grand scheme of things. I think he is a perfect fit for a contending team, but on a rebuilding one looking to cut salary and develop their youth, it would be pretty awful.

Let's please just have Josh Smith to the Pistons. That would make my day.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Iggy on a big contract would scare me as well. Never was a #1 scoring option, relies heavily on his athleticism, will be 30 next year. I like Iggy, but I feel like the last 2 or so years of his contract could be ugly.

Apparently the Celtics are likely to sign Italian Gigi Datome. Boston: where tanking means accumulating long haired white dudes.

But seriously from what I've seen/heard he seems like a decent guy to have around down the road if we can get him for cheap.
Like Rick Pitino once said, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, the Chief aren't walking through that door....(to that affect) so might as well just tank it for Wiggins or a handful of stars for the next couple of years.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And Novak didn't see any playing time bc he can't play defense, and in the playoffs when ppl actually play defense his spot up shooting is useless. Every time he saw the court in the playoffs he was completely useless for the past 2 seasons. He's nothing more than a regular season floor spacer who will get you some corner 3s. At his price, that's not worth it.
Bargnani's lack of rebounding and defense at the four will likely be more detrimental than Novak's lack of defense at the three. Bargnani is also among the least efficient players at his position. Considering he costs more than 2.5 times more money, I'm not you could've defended the deal had it been Bargnani for Novak straight up.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shooting sub .400 as PF is a travesty.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Like Rick Pitino once said, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, the Chief aren't walking through that door....(to that affect) so might as well just tank it for Wiggins or a handful of stars for the next couple of years.
I agree, but please don't mention Pitino. That man was horribad in Boston.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for BBD to ***** about Bargs next season.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2013...-howard-pitch/

Quote:
According to sources, the Warriors are willing to offer Andrew Bogut along with Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes. But the sell is to lure Dwight Howard with the prospect of a loaded lineup that features Curry, Thompson AND Barnes.
I don't know how Lakers would feel about trading him to a division rival, but getting Barnes out of a deal would be better then losing Dwight out right.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Curry, Klay and Dwight has the potential to be very scary.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I really hope Dwight just signs with Houston. I don't wanna see the trio of Steph/Klay/Barnes broken up.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^It didn't feel like a trio until Lee got hurt and Barnes was a super stretch 4.

I personally think they need to get rid of Lee.

Barnes had a great playoffs but he's expendable if it means getting Dwight.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote