Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I really hope Dwight just signs with Houston. I don't wanna see the trio of Steph/Klay/Barnes broken up.
But then James Harden may win a title. Isn't that your worst nightmare?
Old 07-01-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I agree, but please don't mention Pitino. That man was horribad in Boston.
Hey man, Larry Bird wasn't walking through that door!

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys that shot up my list after the playoffs (in no particular order):

Kawhi Leonard, Steph Curry, Harrison Barnes, Klay Thompson, Chandler Parsons, Omar Asik, Paul George, Roy Hibbert

Guys that dropped: James Harden (still top 10ish), Tony Parker (still top 12ish, soured on him in the finals), Thiago Splitter, Ty Lawson, Serge Ibaka, George Hill, Marc Gasol, Carmelo

If i didn't mention someone it's probably because they stayed exactly where they were ranked or in the general vicinity of it.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did George Hill drop? Pacers play dropped dramatically (not positive if statistically but at least to the viewer's eye) when he was taken off the floor.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 07-01-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
But then James Harden may win a title. Isn't that your worst nightmare?
Golden State's small ball will dominate the West. Also, no it wouldn't be my worst nightmare considering the Rockets were my favorite team as a child and i don't hate James Harden, i just hate how overrated he is on here.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Why did George Hill drop? Pacers play dropped dramatically (not positive if statistically but at least to the viewer's eye) when he was taken off the floor.
His impact was ambiguous and/or inconsistent from game to game.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Press defense gobbled him up. He is supposed to be the kick start for the Pacers offense and he was pretty much useless against the Heat. His complete inability to create for himself or others off the dribble as a PG is pretty startling. I love his intensity and his defense, and he can occasionally get to the basket, but he was severely exposed as a limited offensive player in the playoffs.

Their offense went from bad and stagnant to horribad and pathetic when he was off. Not that big of a difference.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Parker should have risen if anything, being that he made yet another finals while Chris Paul lost another first round series that no one will talk about.

It's not Parker's fault the best perimeter defender in the world was put on him in the finals, let's not forget what he did to Mike Conley in the previous series.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Mmmmm. I guess he looked so much better than his backup that I didn't notice his lack of production in some games or ability to produce for others consistently.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-01-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Tony Parker should have risen if anything, being that he made yet another finals while Chris Paul lost another first round series that no one will talk about.

It's not Parker's fault the best perimeter defender in the world was put on him in the finals, let's not forget what he did to Mike Conley in the previous series.
Agree with CP3 dropping - he needs to be held accountable and not just VDN or Blake being soft.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with George Hill. My opinion of him really didn't change much.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

I still pegged him down a spot or two because of the Finals. ( and Lebron wasn't on him until the 4th q's, he was mostly shut down by Bosh's surprisingly good pick and roll coverage and Chalmer/Cole hounding him in the press). The Heat made him useless most games and he lost all confidence in his jump shot that series.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TP was insane all playoffs until he hurt his hammy and LeBron said **** this ****.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Mmmmm. I guess he looked so much better than his backup that I didn't notice his lack of production in some games or ability to produce for others consistently.
That's pretty much it, kind of like the 5 that looks like a 6 or 7 because she's hanging around with a bunch of 3s. DJ Augustin had no business being on the floor (and that hurts to say).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm fine with George Hill. My opinion of him really didn't change much.
My opinion went from him being solid to, maybe he should be coming off the bench because the Pacers offense got stagnant way too much when he got pressured.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron shot up from "Best in the Game" to "He Put in a Cheat code"
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Lebron shot up from "Best in the Game" to "He Put in a Cheat code"
See, i don't know about all that. He was having an awful game in g6 before he finally turned it on and it took some funky bounces, Ray Allen and bad decisions on the Spurs side for them to pull it out and not lose the title.

He really did show what he's capable of (and that's being completely and utterly unstoppable) but he was way too passive at times, still.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's gonna suck to see Tyreke go if we do refuse to match, but something tells me we just might do it. D'Alessandro might finally strap up and do what Petrie never could/wanted to and that's amnesty Salmons and get rid of some of the dead weight on the team. With McLemore, we can now look to move Thornton and give more PT to Tyreke at the 3 spot. Fingers crossed we are done making stupid moves.
When did Tyreke get good? Honestly haven't followed him but I was always under the impression that he was an inefficient ball hog that ruined team chemistry.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
When did Tyreke get good? Honestly haven't followed him but I was always under the impression that he was an inefficient ball hog that ruined team chemistry.
When they started making him play off the ball a lot more. His efficiency has improved and he's still one of the best in the league at getting to and finishing at the basket, even though he still has a streaky jumpshot. He's a good rebounder and overall a very solid player to have, and he still has a lot of room for improvement. He needs to accept a role and a coach that will utilize him in a manner that can maximize his contributions without hurting the team. I don't believe he should be a number one scoring (because that in turn sky rockets his usage), but he could be a very solid number two or a great third option. Motivate him to play defense and it's a steal at 11/per.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2013...-howard-pitch/

I don't know how Lakers would feel about trading him to a division rival, but getting Barnes out of a deal would be better then losing Dwight out right.
It's all in Dwight's hands now. Dwight would have to choose GS in order for the Lakers to take that deal. Lakers have no power to trade Dwight. They can only work something out with whatever team he chooses.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since we're on the subject, Pacers got a upgrade at the backup PG with CJ Watson. Chris Copeland looks to be next on their list.

Their starting 5 is pretty much set, depending on David West's decision, but a bench with Watson, Copeland and Granger (if not traded) would be a huge improvement for them.

Last edited by Paul : 07-01-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

That's great, seeing as how **** second units against the Heat were the downfall for both the Pacers and the Spurs.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we just ban BBD from this thread he clearly doesn't know wtf he is talking about.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

When Psycho T (as serviceable as he is) and Augustin are the main guys off your bench , you're in some ****. Kind of shows how good the 1st unit was though.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
When they started making him play off the ball a lot more. His efficiency has improved and he's still one of the best in the league at getting to and finishing at the basket, even though he still has a streaky jumpshot. He's a good rebounder and overall a very solid player to have, and he still has a lot of room for improvement. He needs to accept a role and a coach that will utilize him in a manner that can maximize his contributions without hurting the team. I don't believe he should be a number one scoring (because that in turn sky rockets his usage), but he could be a very solid number two or a great third option. Motivate him to play defense and it's a steal at 11/per.
OK, thanks. I dunno about a steal at $11M/per. That's a hefty chunk of change. As for defense... I think he is what he is at this point. I say let him go. You got McLemore and Thornton, so moving Evans to SF sounds like a bad idea. Especially defensively.

The guy I like for the Kings is Josh Smith. But then again, I don't get the Kings. Should've traded Evans before the deadline. Even if for a future pick to help rebuild. Team was going nowhere and it was obvious he would explore FA.

Really thought they should've taken Trey Burke.

PG Trey Burke
SG Marcus Thornton
SF Josh Smith
PF Patrick Patterson
C Demarcus Cousins

McLemore was the one player in the draft that I didn't want the Magic to take. How does he add anything to your team? His best skill is 3pt shooting and you already have a SG who can do that and you're paying him $8M a year.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Since we're on the subject, Pacers got a upgrade at the backup PG with CJ Watson. Chris Copeland looks to be next on their list.

Their starting 5 is pretty much set, depending on David West's decision, but a bench with Watson, Copeland and Granger (if not traded) would be a huge improvement for them.
Don't forget Solomon Hill.