Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a great move by Stevens. He is gonna get paid out the ass. He's super young, so if this doesn't work out he can retreat to a high-profile college job. He is coaching one of the two premier franchises in the league. Can't see why he would have turned it down.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suns supposedly offered as well so it seems he wasn't gonna leave for any NBA job

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I think it's a great move by Stevens. He is gonna get paid out the ass. He's super young, so if this doesn't work out he can retreat to a high-profile college job. He is coaching one of the two premier franchises in the league. Can't see why he would have turned it down.
Agreed. I think it's a win-win. Low risk, high reward for both sides.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

Free agent guard J.R. Smith is nearing an agreement to re-sign with the New York Knicks, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Life is good in the NBA forum.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take JR back. Hopefully it is for 2 years.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or, for laughs, it's like 5 years for 50 mil
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice there were rumors that the suns were interested, they made no sense thank glob they aren't true

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
For commie...

we need this but with the kansas locker room dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
this was my exact thought. stevens wasn't getting paid that much at butler (relative to this, at least) and this is an ideal scenario. now the question is trade rondo or not? i'd at least give the two some time to work together before shipping him off
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks are having a horrible offseason, Jesus.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't care as long as it doesn't hurt us 2 years down the road.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really have no idea what the Knicks are trying to do, but I like it.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
this was my exact thought. stevens wasn't getting paid that much at butler (relative to this, at least) and this is an ideal scenario. now the question is trade rondo or not? i'd at least give the two some time to work together before shipping him off
Id say start fresh and trade him. You could get something for him now, rather then wait and see if he pulls a diva and demands to be traded. He is almost 30 right? I doubt he will be there when they are playoff caliber again. Plus, tanking is the cool thing to do nowadays.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rondo is definitely not 30. I think he is 26 or 27. Either way, he is not a guy you want to trade.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Id say start fresh and trade him. You could get something for him now, rather then wait and see if he pulls a diva and demands to be traded. He is almost 30 right? I doubt he will be there when they are playoff caliber again. Plus, tanking is the cool thing to do nowadays.
he's 27 so you have a bit of time to see if they mesh and maybe you have a bad season and get lucky in the lottery. if they manage to be bad enough to get wiggins or even jabari parker, you have no reason to trade rondo.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

This is THE year to tank. So I would just give Rondo the D-Rose treatment and sit him most of the year. Then you just pray for #1 to pair Wiggins with a top 5 PG.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as OJ Mayo gets to Detroit I'm happy.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

what if the Pistons offer Monroe + expiring (maybe a draft pick too) for rondo? do you take it?
Old 07-03-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
what if the Pistons offer Monroe + expiring (maybe a draft pick too) for rondo? do you take it?
No. The goal is to stink next year. Rondo is going to help you with that. Add in that he is clearly the superior player and it makes no sense.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
As long as OJ Mayo gets to Detroit I'm happy.
He isn't coming here, get over it you stupid piece of Canadian ****. Hell, even Canada is ashamed of your province.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, what prock said. Rondo needs D-Rose on speed dial and its all good.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He isn't coming here, get over it you stupid piece of Canadian ****. Hell, even Canada is ashamed of your province.

I love you so much Brody <3

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
No. The goal is to stink next year. Rondo is going to help you with that. Add in that he is clearly the superior player and it makes no sense.
This. Plus Monroe is a RFA after the year and will likely be overpaid. That's not what you need in a rebuild.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
This. Plus Monroe is a RFA after the year and will likely be overpaid. That's not what you need in a rebuild.
Cousins is going to get the max and Monroe will be overpaid? Yeah okay buddy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-03-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I honestly don't care as long as it doesn't hurt us 2 years down the road.
So we're just giving up on the next two years? That should tell you how ****** this team has been managed that we need to do this.

This off-season has been brutal. We're making terrible additions that pretty much kill any flexibility we have in the next two years. JR Smith is also ******* terrible, so there's that.

And like I said, if we're giving up on the next two years, we should not be taking on absurd salary for multiple years. We also should not be giving away draft picks. And we should considering trading Melo. We could get a premium haul for him, more than likely. He is overrated but teams are dumb enough to overreact to his scoring totals.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Cousins is going to get the max and Monroe will be overpaid? Yeah okay buddy.
Just because one player is overpaid doesn't mean others can't be.