Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
So we're just giving up on the next two years? That should tell you how ****** this team has been managed that we need to do this.

This off-season has been brutal. We're making terrible additions that pretty much kill any flexibility we have in the next two years. JR Smith is also ******* terrible, so there's that.

And like I said, if we're giving up on the next two years, we should not be taking on absurd salary for multiple years. We also should not be giving away draft picks. And we should considering trading Melo. We could get a premium haul for him, more than likely. He is overrated but teams are dumb enough to overreact to his scoring totals.
Tyson Chandler is still awesome, so **** you Alex.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

carmelo for the matrix get it done knicks

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gave up once we traded picks for teh Bargs.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
he's 27 so you have a bit of time to see if they mesh and maybe you have a bad season and get lucky in the lottery. if they manage to be bad enough to get wiggins or even jabari parker, you have no reason to trade rondo.
With Rondo, Green, and Wallace they could still end up the 8th seed in the East.

Think about it. Atlanta crashing and burning from the 7th seed, Milwaukee loses Ellis and Reddick, Philly is straight tanking, Toronto may be getting rid of their best player, Cleveland, Charlotte, and Orlando still have a ways to go.... They very well could end up the 8th seed.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
With Rondo, Green, and Wallace they could still end up the 8th seed in the East.

Think about it. Atlanta crashing and burning from the 7th seed, Milwaukee loses Ellis and Reddick, Philly is straight tanking, Toronto may be getting rid of their best player, Cleveland, Charlotte, and Orlando still have a ways to go.... They very well could end up the 8th seed.
Rondo will not play for at least half the season and Gerald Wallace is ******* terrible. The Celtics will blow.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand how Green is seen as a centerpiece.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-03-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't understand how Green is seen as a centerpiece.
He is going to regress so hard.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Rondo will not play for at least half the season and Gerald Wallace is ******* terrible. The Celtics will blow.
Considering the other teams I mentioned, they have the best team.... Someone HAS to be the 8th seed.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tyson Chandler is still awesome, so **** you Alex.
Tyson is fine. I personally believe he's overrated for what he is paid, but he is certainly not close to being our biggest issue.

Quote:
I gave up once we traded picks for teh Bargs.
Me too. I hate how this team is managed. First, we get insanely older. Now we're trading for ****** players and signing crappy ones under the premise we just have to hold out until 2015. If you're going to have to do that you should blow the team up. Don't play this middle of the road thing. As BBD has said himself, being stuck in the middle of good and bad is the worst thing possible in the NBA. Either suck or make a balls to the walls effort to improve.

We are not beating the Heat. We're not beating the Pacers. Hell, if Rose comes back and plays well, we're not beat the Bulls either.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Considering the other teams I mentioned, they have the best team.... Someone HAS to be the 8th seed.
If Rondo misses the entire season, I honestly believe the Celtics can compete for last in the East.

Mentioning them in the same vein as the Hawks is laughable.

The Cavs with Kyrie, Varejao and an improved Tristan Thompson is a nice core not to mention Bennett. Clearly better than Boston.

Philly definitely sucks.

Raps still have Calderon (rumor has it he will resign) and Jonas....that is better than Crash and Jeff Green, regardless of your thoughts on Rudy Cool.

Bobcats suck.

Orlando should suck, but Dipo and Harkless is going to be so nasty defensively and Vucevic/Tobias Harris can keep improving.

The Bucks are going to lose Monta, this makes them better. A Sanders-Ilyasova-Jennigs trio is far better than the C's.

Last edited by Rob S : 07-03-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Tyson is fine. I personally believe he's overrated for what he is paid, but he is certainly not close to being our biggest issue.

Me too. I hate how this team is managed. First, we get insanely older. Now we're trading for ****** players and signing crappy ones under the premise we just have to hold out until 2015. If you're going to have to do that you should blow the team up. Don't play this middle of the road thing. As BBD has said himself, being stuck in the middle of good and bad is the worst thing possible in the NBA. Either suck or make a balls to the walls effort to improve.

We are not beating the Heat. We're not beating the Pacers. Hell, if Rose comes back and plays well, we're not beat the Bulls either.
The problem is that the team is not viewing this as holding out until 2015....hence the trades for terrible guys that apparently are still well regarded in some circles (ie: Dolan's office).
Old 07-03-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Dude, Jennings sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-03-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Dude, Jennings sucks.
Dammit, Brody. I was going to put the same disclaimer I did with Mr. Cool, but I was lazy.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
If Rondo misses the entire season, I honestly believe the Celtics can compete for last in the East.

Mentioning them in the same vein as the Hawks is laughable.

The Cavs with Kyrie, Varejao and an improved Tristan Thompson is a nice core not to mention Bennett. Clearly better than Boston.

Philly definitely sucks.

Raps still have Calderon (rumor has it he will resign) and Jonas....that is better than Crash and Jeff Green, regardless of your thoughts on Rudy Cool.

Bobcats suck.

Orlando should suck, but Dipo and Harkless is going to be so nasty defensively and Vucevic/Tobias Harris can keep improving.

The Bucks are going to lose Monta, this makes them better. A Sanders-Ilyasova-Jennigs trio is far better than the C's.
But two of the playoff seeds that was last year were the Hawks and Celtics.

Youre right about the Cavs, but Varejao only played like 30 games last year and is a expirer. Could be traded so they play Tristan and Bennett more (pretty sure they resigned Gee, so small ball could be in play).

It depends on IF Jose signs and IF they dont trade Rudy Cool... They could be the playoff team that replaces the Hawks.

Bucks stay in the playoffs.

Who do you see as the 8 seeds in the East?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That ping pong ball is going to magically land for Toronto no matter what. I'm not holding out any kind of hope for Wiggins. He's going to Toronto.
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Dude. The Hawks are fine. Definitely good enough to make the playoffs.

My guess:

Miami
Chicago
Indiana
New York
Brooklyn
Atlanta
Washington
Milwaukee, Cavs or Raptors

Last edited by Rob S : 07-03-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people know who alonzo gee is?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
He's pretty decent.
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washington will be the 6 seed

Miami
Chicago
Indiana
Brooklyn
New York
Washington
Atlanta
Boston

would be my guess if Rondo plays at all

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Yeah, that dude from Baylor.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Washington will be the 6 seed
Totally forgot about them. Good call.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Dude. The Hawks are fine. Definitely good enough to make the playoffs.

My guess:

Miami
Chicago
Indiana
New York
Brooklyn
Atlanta
Milwaukee
Cavs or Raptors
The Hawks? One of their best players is coming back from his own ACL surgery. They have Horford, Teague..... But then they drafted PGs in the draft?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's pretty decent.
Yeah, he wouldn't bother me as much if he could realize his severe offensive limitations. His defense is valuable at least.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
The Hawks? One of their best players is coming back from his own ACL surgery. They have Horford, Teague..... But then they drafted PGs in the draft?
Teague and Horford are really good. And Horford should have his best season yet without Josh Smith chucking.

Not to mention that they have a fuckton of cap room and will signing a bunch of people; even if they just poach some leftovers on 1 or 2 year deals.

They will make the playoffs.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Teague and Horford are really good. And Horford should have his best season yet without Josh Smith chucking.

Not to mention that they have a fuckton of cap room and will signing a bunch of people; even if they just poach some leftover on 1 or 2 year deals.

They will make the playoffs.
The caproom yes, but it seems like the main person I hear consistent with them is Andrew Bynum. Who is still injured and some NBA execs thinking he wont go back to top level again because his knee.