Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That's pretty much the most famous mock draft pick around here.
It was quite infamous at the time. Now famous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I can't believe Beasley is so terrible. He was so damn good at KSU.
I was literally just thinking that. Like, he was SO good. It's weird how guys can be SO good at basketball in college and then just so so terrible
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Bill Walker that draft.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I was literally just thinking that. Like, he was SO good. It's weird how guys can be SO good at basketball in college and then just so so terrible
26 & 12 on 53% with 3 STL+BLK. Where did it all go wrong?
Old 07-03-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's play the game that is Sweeping the Nation!!!!!!

NBA Free Agent Freeeeennzzzzyyyyy!!!!!

All you have to do is fill out the list below, stating where you think each player will end up. They are broken down in to tiers based on their relevancy/difficulty to predict. The higher the tier, the more points you get. PM me your answers, get them in asap!

Tier 1 - 6 Points
Dwight Howard:
Josh Smith:
Andre Iguodala:
Al Jefferson:
Monta Ellis:

Tier 2 - 8 Points
Brandon Jennings:
Andrew Bynum:
Paul Milsap:
Nikola Pekovic:
OJ Mayo:
JR Smith:
Andrei Kirilenko

Tier 3 - 10 Points
Jarrett Jack:
Jeff Teague:
Tyreke Evans:
Carl Landry:
Nate Robinson:

Each day late is docked 1 point from the Tier total.

Last edited by D-Unit : 07-03-2013 at 09:09 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Brad Stevens... I think it's a terrible move for Stevens, but a great move for the Celtics.
Why? Triple your money and you live near salt water. I'm not getting your comment.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Monta Ellis in Tier 1?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I picked Derrick Rose. It was a hard pick to make.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Why? Triple your money and you live near salt water. I'm not getting your comment.
More of a legacy thing. He could have had what Coach K has at Duke. He's going to a team that isn't going to be very good...on purpose. Can he even handle that? He's used to taking what he can find and winning with it.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
How is Monta Ellis in Tier 1?
Based on what I expect him to get paid at.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Doc Rivers is a fool for not playing him. Worst coach ever.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Based on what I expect him to get paid at.
i've read he isn't expected to break the MLE. about 22 over 4 is his max
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
More of a legacy thing. He could have had what Coach K has at Duke. He's going to a team that isn't going to be very good...on purpose. Can he even handle that? He's used to taking what he can find and winning with it.
He's always going to be limited at Butler as far as recruits and salary goes. Something for me says the Celtics jersey holds a little more swag than the Butler jersey does.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much per year do you think is reasonable for Jack?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
How much per year do you think is reasonable for Jack?
i would guess something in the 6-7 mil/year range
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
is there an archive of it somewhere? I wanna relive all the glory
Quote:
Old 07-03-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I thought he'd at least keep trying for his first max contract. I guess he was happy enough with the rookie contract money.

Honestly, he treated college like the job audition it was, got paid and stopped caring about anything basketball related.

Also... what in Gods name are the Pelicans doing? I just don't understand their game plan this offseason, the best way I could describe it is they want to be perennially average. This year being average will cost them their pick and they will just hover at that range unless Davis can go super saiyan.

Evans doesn't look like ever being a good player, I don't get that offer. Why not just take the 20 games of Gordon and tank the **** out of this year. Then again, I don't get trading for an above average PG when you could have gone for the potential of McLemore or Noel and already have a decent PG. Mostly I just don't get why they aren't tanking this year and setting themselves up for this draft and then next years FA crop. Maybe Evans/Holiday can prove me wrong but I just didn't see the need at those positions to sacrifice everything?

I actually like that the Magic haven't actively tried to get better, we were the worst team and we've done just about as much as possible to not compromise that status, basically we've added a project who shouldn't improve us too much immediately and positioned ourselves for another run at the top of the lottery. It's time for that 4th #1 pick in franchise history methinks!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I thought he'd at least keep trying for his first max contract. I guess he was happy enough with the rookie contract money.

Honestly, he treated college like the job audition it was, got paid and stopped caring about anything basketball related.

Also... what in Gods name are the Pelicans doing? I just don't understand their game plan this offseason, the best way I could describe it is they want to be perennially average. This year being average will cost them their pick and they will just hover at that range unless Davis can go super saiyan.

Evans doesn't look like ever being a good player, I don't get that offer. Why not just take the 20 games of Gordon and tank the **** out of this year. Then again, I don't get trading for an above average PG when you could have gone for the potential of McLemore or Noel and already have a decent PG. Mostly I just don't get why they aren't tanking this year and setting themselves up for this draft and then next years FA crop. Maybe Evans/Holiday can prove me wrong but I just didn't see the need at those positions to sacrifice everything?

I actually like that the Magic haven't actively tried to get better, we were the worst team and we've done just about as much as possible to not compromise that status, basically we've added a project who shouldn't improve us too much immediately and positioned ourselves for another run at the top of the lottery. It's time for that 4th #1 pick in franchise history methinks!
I can't wait for Summer League!!! July 7th!

O-LA-DI-PO *clap clap* clap clap clap!
Old 07-04-2013, 03:49 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kings apparently close to a S&T with Evans for Vasquez and Lopez.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:18 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

Noel & McLemore fell for a reason, who knows if either would have even been New Orleans' pick

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:40 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Kings apparently close to a S&T with Evans for Vasquez and Lopez.
Pelicans must have another trade lined up for Gordon. I don't know how else Jrue Holliday, Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon jive together and make sense financially speaking.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Duke is not Butler. This is the Boston Celtics. If this is a hard decision for you to understand then not really sure it's worth explaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JR Smith's deal is 4 years, $24.7 million.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
JR Smith's deal is 4 years, $24.7 million.
Last year is a PLAYER option. 2 years at 6 per would jive a lot more with their other moves. If they get regular season JR it is certainly worth it but if playoffs JR shows his head this is going to be a looooonnnngggg deal for the Knicks.

His playoffs were just ugly.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Pelicans must have another trade lined up for Gordon. I don't know how else Jrue Holliday, Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon jive together and make sense financially speaking.
Can someone explain to me how they don't work together?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote