Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
MWP to be amnestied...

What team would he fit best on?
Not a fan of his, but he should go to Memphis. They're sporting Quincy Pondexter at SF. eeegh.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Not a fan of his, but he should go to Memphis. They're sporting Quincy Pondexter at SF. eeegh.
Pondexter is much better than MWP.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Became a Pondexter believer after the playoffs.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the Heat's window is quickly closing. Wade looked like a shell of his old self... and Bosh well... he's not been immunte to trade talks for nothing... with their upcoming FA in 2014, it's gonna be really interesting to see what happens if the Heat don't win again.
It only looked that way because Wade was hurt. If he's still gonna be hurt then yea most definately, but if he isn't they'll win another championship. It all really depends on Wade but it's hard for me to think their window is closing until I know the old Wade is never coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't really mind Artest with the Wolves in a bench role. He has the connection with Adelman.

We need a guy to guard bigger wings now that AK47 is gone. :(
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the Heat's window is quickly closing. Wade looked like a shell of his old self... and Bosh well... he's not been immunte to trade talks for nothing... with their upcoming FA in 2014, it's gonna be really interesting to see what happens if the Heat don't win again.
Wade was playing his best basketball in years when healthy. Even during the playoffs we saw flashes of "vintage" Wade. Sure, he probably won't stay healthy for a whole season but if he gets healthy at the right time the Heat will be fine. Also, it will be hard for Chris Bosh to play as poorly in next year's playoffs as he did in this year's. I don't expect them to win again next year, but I don't think they're necessarily done after next year either.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention that Lebron has gotten better pretty much every single season of his career thus far.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

21/5/5 on 52% is a shell I'll take.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would definitely be worried about Wade staying healthy and being productive, but they have the flexibility to reconstruct that team whenever...
Old 07-08-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God i really hope we don't sign Monta.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
God i really hope we don't sign Monta.
lulz. The best part of the article: "The Kings currently have about $6 million in cap space, which is almost certainly not enough to sign Ellis".

Clear that cap space!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
lulz. The best part of the article: "The Kings currently have about $6 million in cap space, which is almost certainly not enough to sign Ellis".

Clear that cap space!
Pete and Vivek are both huge analytics guys, so i don't understand why they would want him for more than 6 mil, unless for some reason they think he can turn back into GSW form.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Will Bynum to the Pistons for 6m.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Will Bynum to the Pistons for 6m.
Bynum was actually kinda decent at the end of last year, but this is still absolutely comical. The Pistons never fail to deliver. Hilarious.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bynum isn't bad, I don't mind that deal.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely not the worst deal for a good backup guard.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Bynum isn't bad, I don't mind that deal.
6 million is definitely too much, especially the way their team is currently constructed. They all but cement the fact that none of their PG rotation can shoot. That is death in the modern NBA, especially when both your starting SF and PF can't shoot either. They will have no spacing whatsoever and be a horrific offense.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

It's only 2 years 6 million, not exactly cap killing. He averaged like 10 and 4 last year in 18 minutes a game, he's a perfectly good backup guard. Guys like JJ Barea are making 5 million a year, I don't see the issue.

The shooting thing is an issue, but the value is fine. There is still some shooting out there to be had for cheap.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
It's only 2 years 6 million, not exactly cap killing. He averaged like 10 and 4 last year in 18 minutes a game, he's a perfectly good backup guard. Guys like JJ Barea are making 5 million a year, I don't see the issue.

The shooting thing is an issue, but the value is fine. There is still some shooting out there to be had for cheap.
I assumed it was 6 million per. MS confused me.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
6 million is definitely too much, especially the way their team is currently constructed. They all but cement the fact that none of their PG rotation can shoot. That is death in the modern NBA, especially when both your starting SF and PF can't shoot either. They will have no spacing whatsoever and be a horrific offense.
It's 2 years/5.75. That ain't too bad. Plus, I don't like Jennings or Teague shooting the ball that much either.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
It's 2 years/5.75. That ain't too bad. Plus, I don't like Jennings or Teague shooting the ball that much either.
Yeah, that's not bad. Still doesn't make any sense for the Pistons whatsoever, but fine value wise.

What do Jennings and Teague have to do with anything?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, that's not bad. Still doesn't make any sense for the Pistons whatsoever, but fine value wise.

What do Jennings and Teague have to do with anything?
Was just mentioning the other PG options.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
You guys would hate early-mid 80s basketball so much. No one took 3's the first few years the 3P line was introduced, cause no one had the range (due to no one practicing long shots as they grew up because there was no reason to). It was 20 foot jumper after easy layup after 20 foot jumper.
It was a little scarce in the early 80s but picked up by the middle of the decade. The two guys i would have loved to see when the 3 pt shot came into vogue was Pistol Pete in college and Rick Barry at the NBA level.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Was just mentioning the other PG options.
Well, he isn't in Teague's stratosphere and Brandon Jennings is probably getting $10M per even though he is terrible. They were never really options for the Pistons anyway.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, we re-signed Will Bynum. My theory is that he'll be our starting PG while we tank this season to draft Wiggins.. after the year, we'll trade for Rondo. Not now.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote