Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He had it all in Orlando. It's been like watching a slow train wreak. Really sad. His reputation will never be the same.
At least Orlando got the best of the trade. That's their saving grace.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had it all in Orlando. It's been like watching a slow train wreak. Really sad. His reputation will never be the same.
Unless he wins...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Unless he wins...
Not even if he wins. Lebron won. His reputation was better in Cleveland. He's still among the most hated athletes.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not even if he wins. Lebron won. His reputation was better in Cleveland. He's still among the most hated athletes.
Yeah, but it's a different kind of hate. People respect his game more than ever now. Same thing with Kobe, you would have thought his reputation would have never been the same after the Denver fiasco. He won 2 more championships, they don't even mention that stuff anymore.

Winning fixes the majority of all problems.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 07-10-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know that he had IT ALL. He never really had a legit title worthy team around him. I mean, Rashard Lewis was decent, but hes not a #2 on a contender.

He'll definitely be forever known as a frustratingly indecisive whiny child though, and for good reason. Could have handled things SO much better.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I dont know that he had IT ALL. He never really had a legit title worthy team around him. I mean, Rashard Lewis was decent, but hes not a #2 on a contender.

He'll definitely be forever known as a frustratingly indecisive whiny child though, and for good reason. Could have handled things SO much better.
Hedo was the #2 on that team.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fair enough, point still stands.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
At least Orlando got the best of the trade. That's their saving grace.
Dwight left LA
Iggy Left DEN
Bynum didn't even play a minute

While Orlando now has Vucevic, Harkless, and drawer full of draft picks. They came out like frickin bandits.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bropez>>>>

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Bropez>>>>
Don't encourage Scotty.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-10-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all of the magics good players will just end up leaving, there needs to be a documentary about that or something sucks to be a magic fan

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why either. Great weather, great women, property is dirt cheap, property tax is dirt cheap, no income tax.

If I was an NBA player, I'd play for NY (bc its close to home) or Florida or California.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
all of the magics good players will just end up leaving, there needs to be a documentary about that or something sucks to be a magic fan
We got a new sheriff in town. Otis Smith is gone. Those days are over. I got full confidence in Rob Hennigan.

It was pretty dang bad in the past though. Lots of facepalm for sure. All that said... Otis still got this team to the Finals with Dwight. ...and had a run being among the top teams in the East. So I can't say that I didn't have fun cheering for those teams.

It certainly hasn't sucked to be a Magic fan when I look around the league at other teams.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Yea, id rather be an Orlando fan than a fan of a lot of other teams. Much better to have stars there and watch them walk than to go 20 years without a legit star at all like several franchises.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I don't understand why either. Great weather, great women, property is dirt cheap, property tax is dirt cheap, no income tax.

If I was an NBA player, I'd play for NY (bc its close to home) or Florida or California.
When they've been able to dish out Max Contracts there never was a big problem there. Attracting FAs hasn't been that hard. The problem is filling out the rest of the team to build a complete winner. We've had a GM who would constantly try to go "All in" and came out losing it all.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The income tax thing only affects 41 games a year (and whatever is pro-rated in the playoffs).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The income tax thing only affects 41 games a year (and whatever is pro-rated in the playoffs).
That's still a lot of money.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So half your fat paycheck....

Old 07-10-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:

Why California? We know you'd come play for CHICAGOOOO!
#BBD4TheBulls

Old 07-10-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Are the Bulls-Knicks going to start a rivalry to win the opportunity of losing to the Heat?

DaBears? BBD? Thoughts?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Why California? We know you'd come play for CHICAGOOOO!
#BBD4TheBulls
Weather and women. I'd prefer the Bay area bc I like their lifestyle more than Southern California.

I'd burn my chest if a Bulls jersey was ever on it.
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
``Ive got to cut down on the turnovers or my last name is going to change from Oladipo to Mr. Turnover, he said with a chuckle. ``Ive got to fix that, definitely. Oladipo said he would also attack his struggles with the best way he knows how hard work. His work ethic at Indiana University was legendary what with his willingness to work before and after practices and even on off days. Even with the Magic scheduled to be off on Wednesday, Oladipo said he planned to find a gym to get up shots and do ball-handling drills.

``Ill be in the gym, shoot some shots, work out and try to get some rest after that, he said. ``I know that they want us to take a break, but I just have to keep that rhythm going. Again, its a whole new position for me and Ive got to put some type of work in so I can be confident going into there on Thursday.
Irresistably cute!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Are the Bulls-Knicks going to start a rivalry to win the opportunity of losing to the Heat?

DaBears? BBD? Thoughts?
We owned you in the 90s. Enjoy your moment in the sun! It's coming to an end very soon!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
We owned you in the 90s. Enjoy your moment in the sun! It's coming to an end very soon!
Keep talking **** and we'll have Zo bring PJ BRown out of retirement and flip JR Smith over his shoulders into the front row.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-10-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan's first return to the NBA robbed us of a potential Magic dynasty with Shaq and Penny. God dammit Michael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote