Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Teague can only fetch $8M per, I wonder what the market for Jennings looks like. He's looking at Jarret Jack type money probably. It's ugly out there for PGs.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawks had better match that Teague offer, I just for God sakes don't want Brandon Jennings. Honestly I'd rather S&T Teague for Ellis if he signs the same contract as Teague than S&T for Jennings. I'd rather start Schroeder than get Jennings.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, really solid deal for Teague. I still have a feeling Jennings will get overpaid and somehow Monta will too.

As far as the Celtics tanking goes, I think its a TBD situation at this point. We have a **** load of players on the roster right now, so I'm betting Ainge plans to make a few more moves once the Nets deal is finalized.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kelly Olynyk for Rookie of the Year!
Old 07-11-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who's available, ghetto? Brandon Knight! Well, technically he's not but you can have him for the low, low price of a roll of paper towels.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Hawks had better match that Teague offer, I just for God sakes don't want Brandon Jennings. Honestly I'd rather S&T Teague for Ellis if he signs the same contract as Teague than S&T for Jennings. I'd rather start Schroeder than get Jennings.
Absolutely. Schroeder is gonna be a stud and Jennings is well...

Also, Brandon Jennings to the Knicks needs to happen ASAP.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Knight will forever be a Pistons.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Knicks had any money Brandon Jennings would have already had happened.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Kelly Olynyk for Rookie of the Year!
Oh you best believeeeeee. But seriously I think he has a chance to put up some decent stats on this year's roster. The opportunity will certainly be there.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Brandon Knight will forever be a Pistons.
Nope, he's taking his talents to Boston
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are way too high on Olynyk.
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Don't you ******* dare.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You drafted Tim Hardaway Jr, shut up.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monta Ellis to the Bobcats ?

Pleaseeeeeeee let it happens I changed my mind on him to the Kings

#MoncriefArmy
Old 07-11-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Impossible. The Monstars already took his talent.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
People are way too high on Olynyk.
I understand marginalizing Summer League but I mean he was the most efficient offensive player in college basketball last year. He's awkward and white but he got game.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I understand marginalizing Summer League but I mean he was the most efficient offensive player in college basketball last year. He's awkward and white but he got game.
There is a reason why he wasn't a very high pick.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gerald Henderson leaving the Bobcats, apparently. I think he could be a nice rotation piece for someone once he gets out of that hellhole. Good defender.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree the media hype is stupid, but this isn't a very good reason as to why someone won't be good. He went 13th overall, it's not like he was a 2nd rounder.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Did you miss the part where I said he was awkward and white?

I do think he could become a Bropez type. Maybe more of a PF than a C and he might not be a marginal rebounder/defender on his best night but he is super skilled offensively for a 7 footer out of college.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

He's no Byron Mullens.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 07-11-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Gerald Henderson leaving the Bobcats, apparently. I think he could be a nice rotation piece for someone once he gets out of that hellhole. Good defender.
Yep, I've always been a fan. He really improved his jump shot last year, too.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I agree the media hype is stupid, but this isn't a very good reason as to why someone won't be good. He went 13th overall, it's not like he was a 2nd rounder.
He already looks better than a handful of those taken before him.

As far as ROY he'll be in an ideal situation to do that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:14 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
He already looks better than a handful of those taken before him.

As far as ROY he'll be in an ideal situation to do that.
Meh, I'm not going to judge who is better or worse just after Summer League, but I am happy to he is showing that he has some game.

I still wouldn't bet on him being ROY, but as you said his situation is pretty good for him to put up some stats if he continues to play well.

I'm encouraged, but I'm certainly not jumping to any conclusions.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:17 AM    (permalink
bolts2388
Rookie

bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe targeting mid August for full activity

Quote:
Kobe on his rehab: "I'm progressing faster than everybody expected so I'm very happy with it." He is targeting mid August for full activity
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/355103905639698433

Quote:
KOBE to be at full activity in 4 weeks. That means no restrictions but later stages of tendon recovery still remain. Will see him at Game 1.
https://twitter.com/DrRobertKlapper/...05027779608576

Quote:
Dr. Robert Klapper ‏@DrRobertKlapper 8 Jul
The new advance for sewing the Achilles involves a special way to LOCK the sutures together as you weave the 2 ends together.Will not retear

Quote:
The Kevlar like sutures we use to sew the Achilles together is NOT as strong as the Scar the body makes. KOBE will not tear it again!

Quote:
When you tear your Achilles you cannot stand. KOBE shot 2 free throws. He is recovering in record time! We will see something special!
Quote:
KOBE was right! Having his surgery immediately after tearing his Achilles does speed up his recovery. Less muscle atrophy to rehab

Quote:
Dr. Robert Klapper ‏@DrRobertKlapper 21h
The Scar that forms around the Achilles repair is 360 degrees around the tendon. The body remodels and smooths this down over time=painful
Quote:
Dr. Robert Klapper ‏@DrRobertKlapper 20h
Sutures in skin for Achilles we remove after healing. Sutures below skin body will absorb. Stitches in the tendon for repair stay forever
Quote:
Dr. Robert Klapper ‏@DrRobertKlapper 20h
@trips82288 not a partial tear but a complete/full tear. How KOBE could walk unassisted and shoot 2 free throws is a mystery. MAMBA MYSTER