Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Jennings is better than Knight at least.
Yea, I guess I don't get all the lollzzz. You mean to tell me it's a terrible move to ship off Brandon Knight for Brandon Jennings? I really fail to see how that isn't an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Philly is in the lead. Suns can pull ahead if they deal Dragic and start Cool Beas at PG.
Crazy thing is that it's a win-win for them if they give heavy minutes to Beas. Maybe he can shareef abdur rahim-it up and be a decent stats bad team guy. The Suns still blow horrendous amounts of dick and they can flip him for a pick from someone desperate enough to believe he can control his stupidity on the court.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea, I guess I don't get all the lollzzz. You mean to tell me it's a terrible move to ship off Brandon Knight for Brandon Jennings? I really fail to see how that isn't an upgrade.
It's about adding Jennings to an already inefficient offensive squad at 8 million a year.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Again, purgatory, plus what they might pay him. In the grand scheme of things it does absolutely nothing for them other than decrease their chance at a high lottery pick. Plus you force the two young building blocks they have to play with basketball retards.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Knight costs $2.7 million and you can let him walk at the end of the year. They just committed $24 million to Brandon Jennings. I'd rather have Knight for 1/$2.7 (or 2/$6.2 if you don't think you can upgrade next year) than Jennings for 3/$24, even if Jennings is an upgrade.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Contenders for what?
You have a lot more there than Lebron had when he got to Cleveland. Unless we're totally overhyping Wiggins they should have enough there with ***, Jonas, DeRozan to be right there in the East.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Wait, people still think the lottery is rigged?
I think its too coincidental on some of the picks for it to be legit.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
You have a lot more there than Lebron had when he got to Cleveland. Unless we're totally overhyping Wiggins they should have enough there with ***, Jonas, DeRozan to be right there in the East.
Lebron wasn't even good enough right away to make a team like that a legit contender, if that's what we're expecting Wiggins to do right away we're setting him up for failure.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Lebron wasn't even good enough right away to make a team like that a legit contender, if that's what we're expecting Wiggins to do right away we're setting him up for failure.
So it took Lebron 3 years to get to the finals, that would seem a pretty good gauge for Wiggins with a more talented supporting cast. Besides he'd have Tyler Hansbrough on his side.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rudy Cool and DeRozan suck and Jonas still needs a ton of development.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
So it took Lebron 3 years to get to the finals, that would seem a pretty good gauge for Wiggins with a more talented supporting cast. Besides he'd have Tyler Hansbrough on his side.
The Cavs supporting cast sucked but at least the pieces around him fit. *** and Derozan don't even fit together, much less with another swing man in the mix.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rudy Cool and DeRozan suck and Jonas still needs a ton of development.
Still better than the Suns or 76ers

but you don't want to be the worst team unless you're Orlando

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PGs: Calderon, Mekel, Larkin
SG: Ellis, Carter, Ellington, Ledo.
SF: Marion, Crowder.
PF: Dirk, Wright.
C: Dalembert, Blair, Sarge

One thing Cuban was always good at was creating a deep bench, but we keep missing out on Superstar players.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NBA is ridiculously difficult to navigate.

Yes it's wiser to tank than compete for a playoff spot, but that's easy for us to say without tickets to sell or anything at stake.

So while the Pistons might never win a title with this group, they've collected some talented players and will try to coach them together, make the playoffs, and see what happens.

It's a title-less proposition but winning a title at some point in time at the expense of showing some pride with a decent product is not the only goal in pro sports - even one as polarized as basketball.

I don't hate the move.

They're DEFINITELY in contention for the playoffs.

But my team is WASHINGTON this year.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda scared to ask but... What's next?

We still have Villanueva and Stuckey's expiring deals.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of now 76ers need to get salary to get to the salary cap. 16 mil to be exact.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sounds like you could use some Gortat and Dragic

Old 07-31-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a question for those laughing at the Pistons (for both moves, really).

What would you have done?

You set yourself up with cap space so you can sign free agents. That's what they did - and they got arguably the best possible players they could have.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

They set themselves up with cap space and pissed all over themselves last time. They gave crippling contracts to Gordon and Villanueva and it blew up in their face nearly immediately. Clearing cap space does not mean go spend it all in one offseason. My guess is Dumars knows he is on his last life there and just threw **** at the wall to see what would stick. He won't be around to see what happens in two years.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

So, again. What should he have done?

Trotted out the same **** team as last year? Signed X, Y, and Z?

I'm not talking about the bad Gordon and V moves. Those are over and done with. I want to know what else he should have done this offseason.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fired Dumars on the spot after signing Gordon and Villanueva

Old 07-31-2013, 01:28 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Nothing. You don't HAVE to spend your money. They could have stood where they were, sucked another year while developing Monroe and Drummond and gotten a high pick next year. If they somehow manage to stay competitive for the 8th seed, it will take them out of the valuable picks in the draft and not taking them anywhere. Dumars is worried about his job more than the future of the team.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Nothing. You don't HAVE to spend your money. They could have stood where they were, sucked another year while developing Monroe and Drummond and gotten a high pick next year. If they somehow manage to stay competitive for the 8th seed, it will take them out of the valuable picks in the draft and not taking them anywhere. Dumars is worried about his job more than the future of the team.
It's just not as easy as this. That's all I'm saying.

"Eh **** it - let's just suck again." Blood, sweat, and tears go into an NBA season. The players, coaches, management - the entire operation - isn't comprised of robots...

It's easy for us to say tank. But it also completely undermines the spirit of competitiveness and significance of each game as an event.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New owner wants to sell tickets is what I gather. Maybe he wants to see if he needs to move the team to the new Red Wings arena.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Again, purgatory, plus what they might pay him. In the grand scheme of things it does absolutely nothing for them other than decrease their chance at a high lottery pick. Plus you force the two young building blocks they have to play with basketball retards.
I thought they were in purgatory already when they got Josh Smith, if Jennings sucks as bad as everyone here thinks he shouldn't contribute much to their wins total anyway. I just never liked Knight, and honestly don't understand why Jennings gets so much hate. Every PG can't come in like Kyrie Irving or Chris Paul, if you throw a young scorer on a bad team with bad coaching and no help, he's going to develop bad habits and become a chucker.

He's very talented though and once you signed Josh Smith I don't see why you don't keep making moves. At least this one actually made some sense, Knight wasn't even a PG. Jennings may not be a pass first guy, but he's a PG and Knight has no business running an offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote