Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty Cool

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phil mentions in his book that Kobe was very obsessive with MJ, trying to copy moves and what not and just trying to surpass him.

Quote:
“Kobe was hell-bent on surpassing Jordan as the greatest player in the game. His obsession with Michael was striking,” Jackson said. “When we played in Chicago that season, I orchestrated a meeting between the two stars, thinking that Michael might help shift Kobe’s attitude toward selfless teamwork. After they shook hands, the first words out of Kobe’s mouth were, ‘You know I can kick your ass one on one.’”

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad LeBron is better than Kobe ever was, and he never had the psychotic obsession Kobe did.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron has unquestionably reached the higher highs when compared to Kobe (w/ the exception of best individual game.....have to give Kobe's 81 a tip of the cap there). Overall though, from a general full season contribution perspective, it is no contest.

Whether he has passed him all time is a matter how much you value rings/drop Kobe for playing with Shaq and being a clear 2nd banana for some of said rings. Regardless, it is just a matter of time barring injury or a Space Jam like loss of talent for Lebron.

Last edited by Rob S : 08-08-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Too bad LeBron is better than Kobe ever was, and he never had the psychotic obsession Kobe did.
Is there a point to this post?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Regardless, it is just a matter of time barring injury or a Space Jam like loss of talent for Lebron.
Honestly though, it really isn't a matter of time. He could retire today and he'd still be ahead of Kobe.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lebron has unquestionably reached the higher highs when compared to Kobe (w/ the exception of best individual game.....have to give Kobe's 81 a tip of the cap there). Overall though, from a general full season contribution perspective, it is no contest.

Whether he has passed him all time is a matter how much you value rings/drop Kobe for playing with Shaq and being a clear 2nd banana for some of said rings. Regardless, it is just a matter of time barring injury or a Space Jam like loss of talent for Lebron.
There's zero question he passed him all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Is there a point to this post?
Kobe's a ******* prick and doesn't deserve the credit he gets.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-08-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Honestly though, it really isn't a matter of time. He could retire today and he'd still be ahead of Kobe.
For me, absolutely. But I could see the argument I guess.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

There isn't really an argument. LeBron has been the best player in the league for around 5-6 years now. Kobe MIGHT have been the best for a year or two, that's it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-08-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe may be a douche, and Lebron is probably already past him in terms of legacy, but he still will go down as an all-time great.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe may not be as great as Lebron, but I'd say copying Michael has worked out pretty well for him.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Kobe's a ******* prick and doesn't deserve the credit he gets.
Umm he deserves all of it.

Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could see the argument I guess.
Sam Jones > Jordan
Old 08-09-2013, 05:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Umm he deserves all of it.
No he doesn't. Pau Gasol was the best player of his fifth title, and Shaq was the best player of his first three.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-09-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are greatly diminishing how great Kobe was in his prime. Further proving to me you all don't know **** about basketball.

Yeah he was a douche. So what. He's still a legend. Wake me up when LeBron drops 70.

LeBron will be better than Kobe by the end of his career. To say he already has passed him is just ridiculous.

Funny how a Ray Allen 3 pointer changes perception. Without that shot, we're talking about how LeBron is still an underachiever today.

Sit your asses down. This is why I troll all of you.

Oh and Kevin Durant is a clown.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron against Detroit in the Eastern Conference finals > Kobe's 81 against the Raptors.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You guys are greatly diminishing how great Kobe was in his prime. Further proving to me you all don't know **** about basketball.

Yeah he was a douche. So what. He's still a legend. Wake me up when LeBron drops 70.

LeBron will be better than Kobe by the end of his career. To say he already has passed him is just ridiculous.

Funny how a Ray Allen 3 pointer changes perception. Without that shot, we're talking about how LeBron is still an underachiever today.

Sit your asses down. This is why I troll all of you.
100% this. The fact I'm 100% agreeing with BBD makes me wonder if I have been drinking this morning.

It is also comical that in every "Kobe is overrated" post it is pointed out that played with one other superstar during his ring years. Why is it excused that Lebron teamed up with TWO superstars in order to win his rings.

Last edited by Trogdor : 08-09-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The fact that you are comparing a less than prime Wade and Chris Bosh to probably the most dominant player ever is absurd. Prime, in shape Shaq was unmatched. IF he actually worked out during the summer we would probably be talking about him as the best big man of all time.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
100% this. The fact I'm 100% agreeing with BBD makes me wonder if I have been drinking this morning.

It is also comical that in every "Kobe is overrated" post it is pointed out that he played with Shaq or Pau. So Kobe had one other superstar on his team when he won his rings but Lebron clearly didn't sign with TWO other superstars in Miami.

lol Shaq is better than anyone Lebron has ever, or likely will ever play with.

I don't even care or want to analyze who is better at this point, but that point is just pure hilarity.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
lol Shaq is better than anyone Lebron has ever, or likely will ever play with.

I don't even care or want to analyze who is better at this point, but that point is just pure hilarity.
Did I say "Bosh and Wade are better than Shaq?". Or did I say the complaint for Kobe was that he played with one other superstar during his rings while no one questions Lebron's needing to grab two superstars for his team.

Just saw Rob as well. The point I was making is you can't use the need of a star supporting player as a negative for one player and not the other. I'll edit the original post so as to reflect this. I never made a comparison between Shaq vs Old Wade + Bosh.

I do 100% agree that Shaq is easily better than Lebron's supporting cast/future supporting cast. Honestly if Shaq applied himself throughout his career he would be in the greatest conversation over both the aforementioned Kobe/Lebron debate.

Last edited by Trogdor : 08-09-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that makes sense except for the fact that Kobe won 2 rings without Shaq.

His #2 was Pau Gasol. Last time I checked Pau isn't 50% Dwayne Wade let alone Wade + Bosh.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man. Let me grab my popcorn

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Did I say "Bosh and Wade are better than Shaq?". Or did I say the complaint for Kobe was that he played with one other superstar during his rings while no one questions Lebron's needing to grab two superstars for his team.

Just saw Rob as well. The point I was making is you can't use the need of a star supporting player as a negative for one player and not the other. I'll edit the original post so as to reflect this. I never made a comparison between Shaq vs Old Wade + Bosh.

I do 100% agree that Shaq is easily better than Lebron's supporting cast/future supporting cast. Honestly if Shaq applied himself throughout his career he would be in the greatest conversation over both the aforementioned Kobe/Lebron debate.
I don't like using teammates either. I also think rings are pretty overrated in general. I just watch them play basketball and then apply some modern statistical thinking. Lebron is a much better player than Kobe ever was and that's that.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Pretty Cool

I remember watching the 1996 McDonald's All-American Game. After one of Kobe's dunks, the commentator exclaimed "Oh my god! That was Jordan-esque!"
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Rings are not overrated. Especially in basketball where a superstar can take over games.

Baseball yes. Football...somewhat. Not basketball. Rings matter in basketball.