Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buffalo will win the rust belt, dammit.

Also, I do not actually believe in Oden at all. But I just love him so, so much.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-was...0156--nba.html

How does this bleacher report crap end up on yahoo sports?
Old 10-22-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
You have Snakey the Snake. No room for Faried. Also, Jan Vesely needs more PT so he can achieve the more fouls than points thing while hurting the team as much as possible.
Vesely is the best. And no, the Wiz should not sign Melo. I'd rather have Otto Porter at the 3 than Melo for the next 5 years.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Otto Porter handle is terrible. Im hoping we move him to a stretch 4 judging how he can pass out of the high post, stretch the floor and rebound real well. With Oakafor out indefinetly with back problems Im not expecting us to make the playoffs. Maybe we grab Glenn Robinson 3 with a mid-late lottery pick. I would love Wall/Beal/Robinson/Porter/whoever small ball line ups.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:20 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

99% of the time id absolutely trade Bosh and his contract for Faried, but Faried is a terrible fit on the heat. I know Bosh isnt popular, but the dude is perfect in that system, on that team, and with those players.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:34 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
99% of the time id absolutely trade Bosh and his contract for Faried, but Faried is a terrible fit on the heat. I know Bosh isnt popular, but the dude is perfect in that system, on that team, and with those players.
I was actually thinking the same thing. While the nuggets would've do that, m not sure the heat would either. Faired is younger and a better talent at this point (IMO) but wouldn't fit well as that center spot that bosh fills for Miami, especially with his mid range game clearing out the lane for wade and bron
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bosh is gonna dominate this year.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No he's not.

Only reason you don't trade Bosh for Faried or a comparable player is bc of Wade's health.

If you get healthy Wade, you're better off getting a rebounder/enforcer in the middle. If he's still a shell of his former self, then you need Bosh to be the #2 option on the team.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both are better than Melololol so whatevs.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-23-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop it.

You know that's not true. Would you trade Bosh for Asik?

It gives Miami the defensive center they need, and Houston probably would love that too bc it gives them a stretch 4 to open the floor for Dwight.

You probably wouldn't want to make your enemy stronger though so I doubt that happens.

But in a hypothetical world, it would improve both teams.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

The only reason I would move Bosh is the money, but he's such a perfect fit both offensively and defensively for the team. Asik would help rim protection a lot and low post defense to an extent but the team overall would be worse.

We just won back to back titles and have been to three straight championships, why would I even consider trading a major piece of that?

And Wade is better than Melo and Bosh will be better than him this year too. :)

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-23-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's a fair point. I wonder though, if the Spurs win Game 6, do we have the same viewpoint?

I think for Miami, the key is to set the team up in a way so LeBron would want to stay. Right now, at the end of this year, he has options elsewhere that are more lucrative for championships.

Bosh is overpaid, and Wade is breaking down. How do you keep LeBron for the next 6 years? Maybe shaking it up wouldn't be a terrible idea for the long term future of the team.

Wade is untouchable. That's just not happening. But Bosh is the red headed step child of the team, he's a movable piece that can bring back some returns.

Someone will pull the trigger and overpay for a stretch 4. Those guys are commodities. I think Asik would definitely improve the Heat, Birdman can only do so much for you guys.

It's just a thought. I wouldn't trade him unless the deal makes sense but I think Miami should be open to the idea for the right price.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

But we won game 6 because of Bosh's clutch rebound and assist. :)

Also Wade being a shell of himself is ******* stupid, dude put up 20/5/5 last year shooting over 50%, he's the still one of the best SGs in the league, he just gets banged up. The injuries are a concern, but it has nothing to do with his talent degrading, just him being healthy enough to perform at a top level.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-23-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I agree, Wade is still a beast when healthy, but at this point, isn't it a concern that he hasn't been consistently healthy for 2 years in a row?

If you can't stay healthy you're not useful.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who's better than all the above mentioned players? Reggie Evans.

His rebounding numbers last year were beyond absurd
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Also, this:

http://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/st...898241/photo/1
Quote:
Old 10-23-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Finals going to 2-2-1-1-1 format wooooo!

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-23-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice. Finally.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picture is a little big, deal with it.

yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Evans is funny at anything that's not rebounding.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Reggie Evans is funny at anything that's not rebounding.
And he'll grab your balls when you go up for a rebound.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 10-23-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DRose looked real good driving the ball. Good to see him looking confident.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oden wins more rings than d12?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Really nice to see Oden dunking and blocking shots out there last nite. Heat bench was going nuts.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-24-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Maybe him and Stat can go out to lunch together some time when both of them are in suits on the bench in 3 weeks.