Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Has anyone ever started off their career 1-21 before?

Who are we referencing here?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Who are we referencing here?
I am assuming the immortal Anthony Bennett.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we discuss this another day?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I just realized that was a pretty obvious question.

I'm going to assume that this is a first, so congrats to Anthony Bennett!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
The Kings continuing to start Vasquez over IT is befuddling.
It has to do with wanting some height in the backcourt to be able to feed the ball to Cousins. Then the 2nd team backcourt will be scorers with IT and Ben McLemore.

Vasquez is coming off injury, so he's really not full strength at all. It will be interesting to see what he can do when he can really move.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bigger problem for the Kings is starting John Salmons who is just really awful.

And Marcus Thornton has just failed to provide any positive offense.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You aren't giving Jimmer a chance to play :(

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
The bigger problem for the Kings is starting John Salmons who is just really awful.

And Marcus Thornton has just failed to provide any positive offense.
Salmons blows.

But, that's what I don't get. With Thornton blowing and Mac clearly not ready to start, why not bump IT up to get some scoring juice in the lineup.
yo123
Legend

Probably because Jimmer sucks ass.
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dejuan blair and jae crowder <3

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait, why is Shane Larkin listed as the backup center for Dallas on Yahoo?
We're really thin at the 5?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably because Jimmer sucks ass.
Jimmer isn't that bad, he contributes more than Salmons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
We're really thin at the 5?
I can go with this.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-09-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:

I can go with this.
Jimmer isn't that bad if you value 3 point shooting as more important than being below replacement level at every other basketball skill.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Well you know, he is pretty good at threes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-09-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I don't understand this MCW being a good shooter thing. It honestly makes no sense.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Uncle Drew, don't hurt 'em.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't understand this MCW being a good shooter thing. It honestly makes no sense.
All you can do is give credit to the kid. I think he's shooting well above how he will for the rest of the year, but the kid can flat-out play. He's going to be a good one. It's just a case where you can't measure how hard a kid is going to work. He looks thinner, quicker, more confident - just better.

I thought he was an obvious bust and touted Larkin over him. Larkin has yet to play a game but that prediction is at least half wrong already.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Third time's a charm, I guess.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Probably won't last, but I think we all undestimated his rebounding/passing/defending abilities. He's kinda Rubio-lite in a way.

The most important part of the year by this rookie class so far however is that the Bucks have already recognized that Nate Wolters is going to be better than Brandon Knight.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Probably won't last, but I think we all undestimated his rebounding/passing/defending abilities. He's kinda Rubio-lite in a way.

The most important part of the year by this rookie class so far however is that the Bucks have already recognized that Nate Wolters is going to be better than Brandon Knight.
Everyone's better than Brandon Knight...except Anthony Bennett. And I don't really see the Rubio-lite thing with MCW. MCW is nowhere near the defender or passer, but is a much better shooter.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-09-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Bennett cannot be this bad.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Everyone's better than Brandon Knight...except Anthony Bennett. And I don't really see the Rubio-lite thing with MCW. MCW is nowhere near the defender or passer, but is a much better shooter.
MCW kinda has the same defensive strategy as Rubio though, where playing the passing lanes and roaming is valued more than strict man to man defense. He's not as good of a passer but pretty much no one is, and that's why I said Rubio-lite.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Only if you think a 3-point shoot-out contestant with no other NBA-level skills can play basketball.

He has no agility, no speed, poor passing, poor dribbling and no hops.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Only if you think a 3-point shoot-out contestant with no other NBA-level skills can play basketball.

He has no agility, no speed, poor passing, poor dribbling and no hops.

That's exactly why Jason Kapono was such a valued NBA player. Wait....
Old 11-09-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
That's exactly why Jason Kapono was such a valued NBA player. Wait....
The way the Kings are starting, they may have a real shot at landing Ender Wiggins.

Wiggins and McLemore to go with Cousins and IT wouldn't be awful, right?

Right?

Oldie but a goodie.