Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Wiggins do last night?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

16 points I think

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
The way the Kings are starting, they may have a real shot at landing Ender Wiggins.

Wiggins and McLemore to go with Cousins and IT wouldn't be awful, right?

Right?
Getting Wiggins is never a bad thing.

Cousins is not good at professional basketball though. Well, he is okay, but he is nowhere near as good as you and MS think he is.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas/Duke on Tuesday. That's going to be fun.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, MCW and Oscar Robertson are the only players in NBA history to have 130 points and 50 assists in their first 7 career games. It's early, but not a great moment for this thread's scouting abilities.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Alex Len sucks and we appear to be right on Dipo.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wrong about Drummond, Jae Crowder, and Thomas Robinson the year before. **** happens...Brow is still a star though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What kind of money do you throw at Turner, if any? He hasn't looked this ridiculous so early in a season in his career. Do you throw him something huge in hopes this isn't a fluke? Or do you assume it's a fluke and let him walk to pursue something bigger?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
What kind of money do you throw at Turner, if any? He hasn't looked this ridiculous so early in a season in his career. Do you throw him something huge in hopes this isn't a fluke? Or do you assume it's a fluke and let him walk to pursue something bigger?
Let's see how the season unfolds first.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Ask me 2 months from now. I really liked Turner coming out but improving to this extent 4 years into a career without any real positive changes to his situation....I don't really know what's happening right now.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I was wrong about Drummond, Jae Crowder, and Thomas Robinson the year before. **** happens...Brow is still a star though.

RT @SherwoodStrauss: Anthony Davis dunked this pass. No dribble involved.

Dude is going to be amazing.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://vine.co/v/hI9zVV2Q6jq

Well then.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:29 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really did not need to see that.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:45 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not sure which more I'm suppose to be concerned by the guy slapping his ass not once, but twice or the brows reaction at the end.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:48 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
RT @SherwoodStrauss: Anthony Davis dunked this pass. No dribble involved.

Dude is going to be amazing.
I think this is what you wanted

Or the youtube video

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
How did Wiggins do last night?
The general consensus is you won't be impressed by his stat sheet, and really have to watch him play to understand how good he is.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm trying to figure out which Celtics players I give a **** about.

1. Jeff Green
2. ****. that's it.
Awesome game last night. As many have speculated, this team is too good to tank. They've had trouble figuring things out, but that's to be expected with a lot of turnover and a first year coach. It seems like Jeff matches up against LeBron as good as anyone. Really bugs me that they blew the team up, still...especially since they made their cap situation worse in the long-run and are only a late-lottery team because the guys they couldn't get rid of are too talented.

Was nice to see Pressey in action. He's so good when he focuses on being a PG. Unfortunately, he went back to old, bad habits and chucked up a few 3's. I wouldn't mind him starting at the 1 if he got benched everytime he threw one of those up there.

Last edited by nepg : 11-10-2013 at 08:29 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The Celtics are not at all too good to tank. Jordan Crawford is playing ~30 mpg for you and is currently shooting near 50%. Hello regression.

Also, 2/3 wins are against the Jazz and Magic. The Celtics are really bad.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Crawford's only played that much because he's been that good. Brad Stevens is doing a good job of putting his players in position to succeed, and pulling players when they aren't succeeding.

So they've beaten the worst team, a middle of the pack team, and the best team... Strength of wins isn't a good argument against the team. They've won 3 in a row (pretty much since having Gerald Wallace come of the bench).

They've got a decent bigs rotation now that Humphries is back, and this could easily be a playoff team in the East if they hang around until Rondo gets back.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm assuming Rondo is not coming back. If he does, they obviously can't tank. Without him, this teams sucks. And the Magic are in no way a middle of the pack team.

You are way overreacting to less than 2 weeks of basketball.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm assuming Rondo is not coming back. If he does, they obviously can't tank. Without him, this teams sucks. And the Magic are in no way a middle of the pack team.

Rondo is coming back and they have Brad Stevens. They might pick in the lottery but if the Wizards/Cavs aren't as good as we thought, they could definitely make a play for a late seed.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post

I'm not overreacting at all by saying the Celtics are too good to get Wiggins and could make the playoffs.

Pretty sure the victories and losses the Magic have define them as a middle of the pack team. They might slow down from lack of depth, but Vucevic, Afflalo, and Oladipo is a pretty solid core that should drive them to middle of the packtitude.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm not overreacting at all by saying the Celtics are too good to get Wiggins and could make the playoffs.

Pretty sure the victories and losses the Magic have define them as a middle of the pack team. They might slow down from lack of depth, but Vucevic, Afflalo, and Oladipo is a pretty solid core that should drive them to middle of the packtitude.
And the Heat, according to victories and losses, are nowhere near 'the best team.' The point is that the season is young and things will tend to regress/progress to the mean. Need I remind you that the lolcats started last year 4-3? The mean for a non-Rondo Celtics is the bottom 6.

Now, it looks like Rondo will come back and if he does, this changes things. They add a top 20 player. Obviously they could take themselves out of Wiggins range.

Last edited by Rob S : 11-10-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

BTW Knicks definitely win today at home against the Spurs, possibly in one of those blowouts that Pop punts.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
BTW Knicks definitely win today at home against the Spurs, possibly in one of those blowouts that Pop punts.
This is not looking like a good prediction.