Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Homerific post 20s draft starting 5:

PG - Tony Parker
SG - Jimmy Buckets
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Taj Gibson
C - Omer Asik

I couldn't think of any other PG I wanted, so I reserve the right to change it once I think of someone I want more on my team.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parker is old so I'm rolling with Ty Lawson.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
PG: Tony Parker
SG: Kevin Martin
SF: Nic Batum
PF: Serge Ibaka
C: Marc Gasol
PG: Jimmy Buckets
SG: Jimmy Buckets
SF: Jimmy Buckets
PF: Jimmy Buckets
C: Marc Gasol

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've decided the nets problem is a 6th man. I'll elaborate later when not one telefono
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Built a starting 5 with players drafted in the 20s (or later).

Go!
PG: Greivis Vasquez
SG: Aaron Afflalo
SF: Chandler Parsons
PF: Ryan Anderson
C: DeAndre Jordan

Tried something a little different. I don't really like Jordan but he fits that lineup. It was a tossup between him or Asik. Almost put Wes Matthews in there over Afflalo too but couldn't find a good reason to do so.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I've decided the nets problem is a 6th man. I'll elaborate later when not one telefono
Trade Garnett and Pierce for Faried and you'll be a better team for it.

Get rid of those geezers while they still have some value.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Nuggets wouldn't do that. At all. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Why do you think the Nugs would do these trades? Ujiri is gone and they're stupid...but not THIS stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-15-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Worry about that when he's 36. He's worth another 4 years. The 5th year will suck sure, but for 4 years of Melo I'll sacrifice 1 bad year.

It's not like we have any draft picks coming soon anytime anyway. You have to keep Melo to be competitive until our draft picks come back.
I maybe mistaken, but you can't trade consecutive 1st round picks can you? So you'll have one in 2015.

Someone confirm this for me.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Maybe they want to join the tank for a top 3 pick party?

*shrug*
Old 11-15-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Pierce has been fine actually, KG has just been horrible. I'm hoping he turns it around. I'm most worried about KG and our bench.

Hoping DWill gets his **** together. His passing has been awesome but his scoring is needed badly
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I maybe mistaken, but you can't trade consecutive 1st round picks can you? So you'll have one in 2015.

Someone confirm this for me.
Our 2015 1st, Chandler, Melo, and Shumpert for this year's top 3 pick.

Yes please.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Pierce has been fine actually, KG has just been horrible. I'm hoping he turns it around. I'm most worried about KG and our bench.

Hoping DWill gets his **** together. His passing has been awesome but his scoring is needed badly
I said before the season that Pierce was still solid, but KG looked dead. NOBODY LISTENS TO BRODY.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-15-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

What about Evans, Kirelinko, and a 1st for Faried?
Old 11-15-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nets have even less picks than the Knicks.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/draft-pick-debt

Quote:
First-Round Picks
Atlanta Hawks: Has right to swap 2014 first-round pick with Brooklyn Nets via Joe Johnson trade on 7/11/12.
Boston Celtics: Receives Brooklyn Nets 2014 first-round pick (less favorable of theirs and Atlanta’s) via Kevin Garnett trade on 7/10/13.
Charlotte Bobcats: Receives Portland Trail Blazers 2014 first-round pick (1-12 protected in 2014, 1-12 in 2015, unprotected in 2016) via Gerald Wallace trade on 2/24/11. Receives Detroit Pistons 2014 first-round pick (1-8 protected in 2014, top 1 protected in 2015, unprotected in 2016) via Ben Gordon trade on 6/26/12.
Chicago Bulls: Receives Charlotte’s 2014 first-round pick (1-10 protected in 2014, 1-8 in 2015, unprotected in 2016) via Tyrus Thomas trade on 2/18/10.
Cleveland Cavaliers: Receives Sacramento Kings 2014 first-round pick (1-12 protected in 2014, 1-10 in 2015 and 2016, second-round pick in 56-60 range in 2017, extinguished thereafter) via J.J. Hickson trade on 6/30/11.
Denver Nuggets: Receives New York Knicks 2014 first-round pick via Carmelo Anthony trade on 02/22/11.
Orlando Magic: Receives less favorable of Denver Nuggets/New York Knicks 2014 first-round pick via Dwight Howard trade on 8/10/12.
Oklahoma City Thunder: Receives Dallas Mavericks 2014 first-round pick (1-20 protected) via James Harden trade on 10/27/12.
Miami HEAT: Receives Philadelphia 76ers 2014 first-round pick (1-14 protected in 2014, second round pick in 2015 and 2016 afterwards) via Justin Hamilton trade on 6/28/12.
Phoenix Suns: Receives Indiana Pacers 2014 first-round pick via Luis Scola trade on 7/28/13. Receives Minnesota Timberwolves 2014 first-round pick (1-13 protected in 2014, 1-12 in 2015, 1-12 in 2016. Afterwards a 2016 and 2017 second-round pick and) via Wesley Johnson trade on 7/27/13. Receives Washington Wizards 2014 first-round pick via Marcin Gortat trade on 8/25/13.
Utah Jazz: Receives Golden State Warriors 2014 first-round pick via Andre Iguodala sign-and-trade on 7/10/13.
Philadelphia 76ers: Receives New Orleans Pelicans 2014 first-round pick (1-5 protected in 2014-2020. 2020 second-round pick afterwards) via Jrue Holiday trade on 7/10/13.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/draft-pick...PYoBfuTUmkd.99
PHX could very likely have 4 picks this draft. So you know what, **** PHX.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I said before the season that Pierce was still solid, but KG looked dead. NOBODY LISTENS TO BRODY.
I didn't think his offense would be this bad. And he's trying too much. He needs to be there simply for spacing. Stay on the high post and give Bropez room to work. Defensively he's just been average. When they click, they're beautiful. When dwill drives and kicks or the offense works through Bropez, they look SO good.

Also, bench is bad. There's no 6th man. It's awful.
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I didn't think his offense would be this bad. And he's trying too much. He needs to be there simply for spacing. Stay on the high post and give Bropez room to work. Defensively he's just been average. When they click, they're beautiful. When dwill drives and kicks or the offense works through Bropez, they look SO good.

Also, bench is bad. There's no 6th man. It's awful.
1) Use Reggie Evans more
2) Hope and pray that AK-47 is healthy
3) Realize that Blatche last year was a fluke

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-15-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
1) Use Reggie Evans more
2) Hope and pray that AK-47 is healthy
3) Realize that Blatche last year was a fluke
Evans is kinda useless though. Good in spurts. AK will give us good minutes when healthy. Blatche...idk. He's shown flashes again this year. Nobody expected a total repeat.

We just lack...honestly, a Jeremy Lin. A spark plug off then bench (I know he starts, but as commie said, he'd be the perfect 6th man)

Even AK 47 is a starter coming off the bench. We need that spark plug energy guy to fuel the 2nd unit and give us a jolt of energy when we need it and we don't have that. John Wooden described this as the perfect 6th man and I agree 100%. our bench is just solid "meh" guys with no true leader off the bench to be the scorer. If Jet was 3 years younger, he'd be beyond perfect
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lin doesnt start. He's only started games this year because Beverley missed a few games and Harden missed one.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dirk 3 of 3 for 3 pointers to start out the game no big deal

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hickson and lawson nice start.
BucSquad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
http://www.hoopsworld.com/draft-pick-debt

Quote:
Orlando Magic: Receives less favorable of Denver Nuggets/New York Knicks 2014 first-round pick via Dwight Howard trade on 8/10/12.
PHX could very likely have 4 picks this draft. So you know what, **** PHX.
AWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH.

No protection either.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Is Dwane Casey the worst coach ever?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-15-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's cuz you say stuff like Denver is gonna win the West.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote