Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's cuz you say stuff like Denver is gonna win the West.
GALLO TORE HIS ACL AND GEORGE KARL SUCKS, GODDAMMIT. I picked them 8th in the West this year, so...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, it was setting up nicely for the Nugs and then Steph Curry turned into a buzzsaw out of nowhere.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Built a starting 5 with players drafted in the 20s (or later).

Go!
PG Rajon Rondo
SG Monta Ellis
SF Nicolas Batum
PF Serge Ibaka
C Marc Gasol
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
GALLO TORE HIS ACL AND GEORGE KARL SUCKS, GODDAMMIT. I picked them 8th in the West this year, so...
Only you didn't know that.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derozan is on fire....sadly the rest of the team sucks.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Derozan is on fire....sadly the rest of the team sucks.
Don't feel too bad. DeRozan sucks too.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not tonight.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

D Will looks like he has a pretty bad ankle sprain.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Lin doesnt start. He's only started games this year because Beverley missed a few games and Harden missed one.
Makes what I said even more true haha

Also sports are dumb and I give up
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching DeMarcus Cousins growth this year, I am starting to believe he is better than D12 aka Mr Howard. This guy moves very well to be his size showing a great display of athleticism and his offensive repetiore is way better than Howard. Howard may have him beat on better defense but the gap is not that far, I believe he leads his in steals. He seems to be done being a knucklehead but it is still early in the season. He also leads Centers in scoring avg. He doesn't appear to get the calls from the officials as far as fouls but even so his Free Throws are 70% which annielates Howards numbers in the FT department.

The thing about Cousins that is scary he is still getting better he is only 23 and Shaq stated that he is going to start working with him on more post moves. I take him over Howard any day in my opinion, if he stays at this pace and stays out of trouble, might I say one of the top 3 or 4 Centers in the league.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bold move by the Wolves to completely neglect playing any kind of defense tonight. Surprised it didn't work out for them.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, loving Cuz growth this season. Still expect some rough patches because this team still sucks and the guy wants to win bad. Kings need to get one of the top 3 picks for next year. They need a Wiggins, Randle or Parker

lookin forward to seeing how many of these scrubs they trade off throughout the year. I long for the day that Salmons is off the roster again.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Yeah, loving Cuz growth this season. Still expect some rough patches because this team still sucks and the guy wants to win bad. Kings need to get one of the top 3 picks for next year. They need a Wiggins, Randle or Parker

lookin forward to seeing how many of these scrubs they trade off throughout the year. I long for the day that Salmons is off the roster again.
It would be down right scary is the Kings got a player like Jabari Parker, who has a ridiculous smooth shot. However I don't think they are as devoid of talent like oh say Utah or Charlotte so they may not have a good lottery percentage. I really hope they do get a Top 3 pick, those fans deserve it!

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mexican getting BLOWN THE **** OUT

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:20 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because Sheed makes me happy and I like being happy:

Unfortunately I can't find a clip of Sheed abusing Andres Nocioni when he was on the Bulls, but rest assured it was glorious.

Last edited by WMD : 11-16-2013 at 03:26 AM.
WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Comparing Dwight and Cousins on defense is asinine. Even moreso if you are talking prime Howard. Pls go.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Comparing Dwight and Cousins on defense is asinine. Even moreso if you are talking prime Howard. Pls go.
I am bitter towards Howard just because of how much of a drama filled little ***** he is...but the guy should very much be in his prime. I don't think he will ever get back to it with that back, which is unfortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's looked a loooooot better on defense this year compared to last year with his back. Its just that the rest of our awful ass defense and Roy Hibbert's amazing season overshadows it. Dwight has had some awesome blocked shots games so far. Has had 15 over our last 3 games, for instance. And his D in general has been very good in the post. Just... cant guard Bargnani on the perimeter :((((

Also, unfortunately, as nice as it is that he resembles his old self on D, he still resembles his old self on O. Granted, thats still 18ppg on a good percentage, but its hard not to expect more.

Last edited by comahan : 11-16-2013 at 12:04 PM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defensively, Dwight and Boogie are not even close. Even at 70%, Howard still plays elite defense (even if not dpoy level). Boogie still needs a ton of work in that area. Offensively though, Cousins blows him out of the water, with half his athleticism.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Which team should trade for Arron Afflalo?
Old 11-16-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Post improved squad?

Jeff Teague
Aaron Afflalo
Evan Turner
Markieff Morris
Anthony Davis

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Defensively, Dwight and Boogie are not even close. Even at 70%, Howard still plays elite defense (even if not dpoy level). Boogie still needs a ton of work in that area. Offensively though, Cousins blows him out of the water, with half his athleticism.
Skillset wise, absolutely, but Cousins has never breached 50% shooting, and needs 5 more shots for his 22 ppg this year than Howard needed when he put up 23 ppg a few years ago. Even last year, a year everyone agrees was way below average for Howard, he averaged 17 on 58% shooting. Id take that over 22 on 48% any day.

If Cousins can improve his shot selection though, watch out, cause the dude is crazy talented, much more so than Howard when it comes to offense. But then, we've said the same thing about Josh Smith for years, and he never improved it, so who knows.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Post improved squad?

Jeff Teague
Aaron Afflalo
Evan Turner
Markieff Morris
Anthony Davis
Isiah Thomas over Teague. Dude is awesome.

Edit: Actually, Eric Bledsoe if you consider that improving. He's been GREAT this year.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Id take that over 22 on 48% any day.
I wouldn't, because Boogie probably doesn't turnover even close to as much. Dwight loses the ball like he just ate pounds and pounds of buttered popcorn before the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Isiah Thomas over Teague. Dude is awesome.

Edit: Actually, Eric Bledsoe if you consider that improving. He's been GREAT this year.
Thomas has been unreal this year for a former Mr Irrelevant. I think he put up 1 stink of a game making like 1 of 12 shots or something like that. But he's been very good or incredible the rest of the time.

It sucks that no one else can make shots for the Kings apart from Cousins and Thomas right now though.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote