Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get that, and I didn't accept that they were right on Indy before the season started. They underplayed Hibbert's early injury last year, George's improvement, their general well above average starting line-up, etc. And they aren't the "be all end-all" when it comes to analysis, but they're a hell of a lot better than the general media.

The Jazz thing was reliant on Kanter being even remotely good (he hasn't been), Burke being healthy (he hasn't been), Evans getting consistent minute (he hasn't), Favors improving (he hasn't), and so forth.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brook Lopez has actually been ******* incredible protecting the rim.

But like, he's soft and stuff.

Again, I'm well aware of his rebounding terribleness, but he's become a wayyyyyyyy better defender all around this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do the Grizzlies think Tayshaun contributes at this point? The fact that he still plays so much is just as bad as Perkins continuing to get minutes.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
What do the Grizzlies think Tayshaun contributes at this point? The fact that he still plays so much is just as bad as Perkins continuing to get minutes.
They can have Josh Smith to replace him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-16-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suck it, Rockets.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what kind of trade the Rockets have for Asik? I'd predict something with Dallas, but I don't know if they'd trade with each other.. Maybe they'll trade for Ilyasova, or maybe they'll try for Ryan Anderson somehow..
Old 12-16-2013, 01:44 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to have Asik, but we have nothing to offer other than our draft picks and rookies. I'm not sure if I'd be willing to trade those off.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Durant's shoes.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I wonder what kind of trade the Rockets have for Asik? I'd predict something with Dallas, but I don't know if they'd trade with each other.. Maybe they'll trade for Ilyasova, or maybe they'll try for Ryan Anderson somehow..
Sounds like they don't want to trade him to a team in the West. There's a rumor floating around that they have a deal with the 76ers and are taking bids to see if anybody can top it but I don't know credible that is or why Philly would want to do it.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Sounds like they don't want to trade him to a team in the West. There's a rumor floating around that they have a deal with the 76ers and are taking bids to see if anybody can top it but I don't know credible that is or why Philly would want to do it.
probably for Thad young?. Whenever noel comes back him and asik would make one hell of an offensively challenged frontcourt.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

asik would be a terrible move for the 76ers. would do pretty much nothing for them and put a decent dent in their cap space. plus they have no use for him long term because, as yo pointed out, he'd be an awful pairing with noel.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I don't think the 76ers would make that trade. It doesn't fit their tanking mode.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another rumor is Milsap for Asik. Which is surprising since the Horford+Milsap pairing has looked pretty damn good.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Another rumor is Milsap for Asik. Which is surprising since the Horford+Milsap pairing has looked pretty damn good.
I can't pretend to have watched Horford much in the last couple years, but I recall him being very athletic and springy a few years ago. On paper Horford an Asik would seem to be a very nice fit together. I like the big, tall rebounder/defender matched with a springy athlete and rebounder. Think of all the glass cleaning between the 2 of them.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horford is a very solid rebounder as well. His natural position has always been the 4, but plays the 5 because of being around Smith and now Milsap...would be interesting to see him in his natural spot, especially with how productive he has been in his careeer at center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Horford is a very solid rebounder as well. His natural position has always been the 4, but plays the 5 because of being around Smith and now Milsap...would be interesting to see him in his natural spot, especially with how productive he has been in his careeer at center.
This is exactly what I remember of him. I always felt he was a 4 as well. And I loved his rebounding.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
asik would be a terrible move for the 76ers. would do pretty much nothing for them and put a decent dent in their cap space. plus they have no use for him long term because, as yo pointed out, he'd be an awful pairing with noel.
If it was a deal centered around Asik for Young (Houston apparently wants a first round pick too so I don't think the trade would be that simple) the money is basically a wash. Asik's cap value is actually a bit less than Young's for this season and the next, but Asik gets paid an extra ~$7 million next season that doesn't count against the cap. Young's deal runs a year longer than Asik's though so like I said it's pretty even in terms of money with Philadelphia saving a bit overall.

I'm not sure what the on-court reasoning would be for the 76ers though. Even if they think Noel is a PF Asik is still a terrible compliment to him offensively. Maybe there's a 3-team trade framework in place. It's going to be interesting no matter what happens.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Philly gives them one of their 1st, they'll be fools. Damn Fools!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Corey Brewer gotta go. I can't believe we fell for this twice.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Corey Brewer gotta go. I can't believe we fell for this twice.
Well, you know, I hate to say I told you so...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-16-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

You are occasionally right.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And by occasionally you mean only the times when it is blatantly obvious.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Oh yeah, I remember everyone saying the Knicks wouldn't make the playoffs, Jeremy Evans would look great when he got time, Drummond is a star, etc.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-16-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how do we explain the Suns?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Weren't you, self admitedtly, wrong about Drummond pre draft, or am I thinking of someone else? And give it up with the Knicks ****, everyone knew they would be trash. Not a single person in here thought they were good.